Thread: Defund The Police? Ron Paul Liberty Report

Defund The Police? Ron Paul Liberty Report

From Minneapolis, where police killed a black man in their custody, and across the country there are cries to defund and disband police forces. The Minneapolis city council already voted in a veto-proof majority to get rid of its police department. But are supporters of this new mass-movement just reacting to relentless media hype and propaganda? Do they really have a plan to protect life and liberty without government police officers?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post

From Minneapolis, where police killed a black man in their custody, and across the country there are cries to defund and disband police forces. The Minneapolis city council already voted in a veto-proof majority to get rid of its police department. But are supporters of this new mass-movement just reacting to relentless media hype and propaganda? Do they really have a plan to protect life and liberty without government police officers?
    No comments on this one.

One thing I have not heard yet on this topic here in the Forums, nor do I believe I have heard Ron Paul mention it yet, is that the Bill of Rights actually gives us the solution: The Second Amendment.

Everyone always mentions Second Amendment in terms of the right to bear arms, but this is the full Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    So are not local militia's the actual solution here to replacing State-funded law enforcement?

Are there any communities in the U.S. already doing this?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Militia & Vigilantes are working to keep the .gov YangBangers & gangbangers under control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Exclamation Ron Paul - De-fund the police?

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I am 100% in favor of deballing every police force in the land, no exceptions.

Those who claim the world will fall into... <AHEM>... ANARCHY, which is to say chaos, represent gross and sad failures of creative thinking. What did people do prior to police? The world didn't end. Quite the opposite.

George Floyd was a piece of $#@!, no question; "beloved member of the community", my ass. But he was entitled to due process, which those four murdering bastards denied him. We see this again and again with outright murder, botched no-knock raids, cops copping because they can cop, and engaging in all manner of felonious behavior.

Enough already. It is long past time people started taking responsibility for their own safety. I've done it all my life and have had great success at it. If I can do it, anyone can. Time to stop being corrupted Weakmen and start acting like Freemen.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If we're going to defund the police, lets demilitarize them, abolish all gun control laws and end the WoDs.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 06-11-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

From Minneapolis, where police killed murdered a black man in their custody
    Fixed that for you.

Words are important.

Do [supporters of this new mass-movement] really have a plan to protect life and liberty without government police officers?

The question presupposes the need. FAIL

Dismantle every police department. Leave people free to defend themselves. After a period of "adjustment", those still interested in survival will adapt their attitudes and habits to the freer and perforce riskier new reality. That would be a good thing. Culling down several millions of impossibly stupid human beings is perhaps the greatest benefit.

I see no downside here.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Words are important.

The question presupposes the need. FAIL

Dismantle every police department. Leave people free to defend themselves. After a period of "adjustment", those still interested in survival will adapt their attitudes and habits to the freer and perforce riskier new reality. That would be a good thing. Culling down several millions of impossibly stupid human beings is perhaps the greatest benefit.

I see no downside here.
    You can dismantle to police but you're still going to get enforcers and it's going to be whatever warlord can get the most force in a given area. Yeah, the police suck but warlords are a thousand times worse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    You can dismantle to police but you're still going to get enforcers and it's going to be whatever warlord can get the most force in a given area. Yeah, the police suck but warlords are a thousand times worse.
    The only way to know whether that would happen in the USA will be to try it. If we allow it, then what in hell is the point of the 2A and being more heavily armed than the rest of the world combined?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way to know whether that would happen in the USA will be to try it. If we allow it, then what in hell is the point of the 2A and being more heavily armed than the rest of the world combined?
    We don't need to try it, it happens every time, everywhere. That's why there's no places in the world without some form of enforcement police.

But I agree with you that we don't need anywhere near the amount of force we have. Especially with the military. And I think the problem with the police are the laws they are required to enforce. If they only had to enforce real crimes not fake ones like drug laws, there'd be way less confrontations.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    We don't need to try it, it happens every time, everywhere. That's why there's no places in the world without some form of enforcement police.
    I have yet to be convinced of this.