Thread: Tucker: The Cultural Revolution has come to America

Tucker: The Cultural Revolution has come to America

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Talked to a couple of different people who have kids at home in their early 20s. The kids are trying to shame them and call them racists. One is a white woman who married a black guy who already had a kid. She has basically raised this kid, but now she is being called a racist by her step daughter. And these people are not racists at all, but apparently they have not been sufficiently apologetic on social media. White silence is violence, as the Marxists say.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I like how Tucker laments the effects of tribalism in politics while promoting it nightly.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

I usually like Tucker's segments but this time he made a big strawman fallacy in his rants that I cannot ignore. Saying you want to defund the police is not the same thing as eliminating the police.

I'm surprised Tucker hasn't been shut down.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I usually like Tucker's segments but this time he made a big strawman fallacy in his rants that I cannot ignore. Saying you want to defund the police is not the same thing as eliminating the police.
    Indeed

Some nutters are calling for abolishing the police (which is clearly not going to happen), but the more mainstream view is that funding should be reduced, and it clearly should. I don't know off-hand what fraction of the budget goes to prosecuting the war on drugs, for example, but I'll bet it's a large double-digit percentage. Other low-hanging fruit would include not giving police in Podunk, Nowhere three armored vehicles, not building an NBC-proof bunker under the Mayberry station, etc. No libertarian or generally small government person should be opposed to cutting police budgets. Now, obviously, the left has other motives here, but the basic policy idea is sound.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Indeed

Some nutters are calling for abolishing the police (which is clearly not going to happen), but the more mainstream view is that funding should be reduced, and it clearly should. I don't know off-hand what fraction of the budget goes to prosecuting the war on drugs, for example, but I'll bet it's a large double-digit percentage. Other low-hanging fruit would include not giving police in Podunk, Nowhere three armored vehicles, not building an NBC-proof bunker under the Mayberry station, etc. No libertarian or generally small government person should be opposed to cutting police budgets. Now, obviously, the left has other motives here, but the basic policy idea is sound.
    Agreed.

1 - No more surplus military gear.

2 - No more Qualified Immunity protection.

3 - Abolish Circular Force Continuum training.

Those three things would solve about 75 percent of the current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Talked to a couple of different people who have kids at home in their early 20s. The kids are trying to shame them and call them racists. One is a white woman who married a black guy who already had a kid. She has basically raised this kid, but now she is being called a racist by her step daughter. And these people are not racists at all, but apparently they have not been sufficiently apologetic on social media. White silence is violence, as the Marxists say.
    They enabled this and created these golums.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Just like what is happening in Italy, Sweden and Germany in Liberal held areas. They want you to hate yourself for being white.

Its not a surprise who Tim Wise and his of hatred and why his white American parents to hate their own children for their own skin.
    Tim Wise has claimed that he has worked agaisnt fascism and racism and yet what he has done on CNN is the opposite.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 06-06-2020 at 04:52 PM.

I like how Tucker laments the effects of tribalism in politics while promoting it nightly.

Funny how that works out, eh?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

No libertarian or generally small government person should be opposed to cutting police budgets.
    I am not so sure about indiscriminately cutting police budgets. It depends on the city.

Legalizing drugs is the low hanging fruit that would dramatically reduce police abuses and bring the budgets down. I also haven't seen too many people mention how police unions make firing bad cops difficult just like teachers unions protect bad teachers.

I watched the Netflix series Flint Town a couple of years ago. It followed the police around. They make 11 bucks an hour starting out https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...olice_pai.html Flint police officer is a hellish job. I am not so sure Flint and Detroit and other big cities can cut anymore. They are basically already in a state of lawless anarchy.

Inner cities should probably spend a lot more on police otherwise no sane person is going to live and work there. I saw a crazy stat where 93% of Detroit murders go unsolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I am not so sure about indiscriminately cutting police budgets. It depends on the city.

Legalizing drugs is the low hanging fruit that would dramatically reduce police abuses and bring the budgets down. I also haven't seen too many people mention how police unions make firing bad cops difficult just like teachers unions protect bad teachers.

I watched the Netflix series Flint Town a couple of years ago. It followed the police around. They make 11 bucks an hour starting out https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...olice_pai.html Flint police officer is a hellish job. I am not so sure Flint and Detroit and other big cities can cut anymore. They are basically already in a state of lawless anarchy.

Inner cities should probably spend a lot more on police otherwise no sane person is going to live and work there. I saw a crazy stat where 93% of Detroit murders go unsolved.
    Certainly

I expect that big cuts are appropriate for the average department, but it's going to vary from place to place.

And the unions are also a problem, as they always are.

FYI, drug arrests represented ~16% of total arrests in 2018, the single largest category other than the catch-all.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-29

-H. L. Mencken