Thread: Colin Kaepernick has more support now, still long way to go

Colin Kaepernick has more support now, still long way to go

Colin Kaepernick has more support now, still long way to go

"We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people," Goodell said in a video released Friday. "We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the National Football League, believe black lives matter. I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much needed change in this country."

Global opinion has shifted so much that more people are now vilifying those who attack Kaepernick or misrepresent his stance.

New Orleans Saints star quarterback Drew Brees issued a public apology Thursday after he was excoriated by teammates, other athletes and fans for saying he "will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States."

That sentiment has been voiced loudly by Kaepernick's critics and President Donald Trump reiterated it Friday, saying on Twitter: "I am a big fan of Drew Brees. I think he's truly one of the greatest quarterbacks, but he should not have taken back his original stance on honouring our magnificent American Flag. OLD GLORY is to be revered, cherished, and flown high... We should be standing up straight and tall, ideally with a salute, or a hand on heart. There are other things you can protest, but not our Great American Flag - NO KNEELING!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coincidence that he signed a $124 million contract in the 2017 off-season, then was replaced as QB and soon after became a social engineering icon?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Coincidence that he signed a $124 million contract in the 2017 off-season, then was replaced as QB and soon after became a social engineering icon?
    Kaepernick sucked as a Quarterback, and Jim Harbough should be permanently stained with his decision to put Kaepernick in as a starter.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Kaepernick sucked as a Quarterback, and Jim Harbough should be permanently stained with his decision to put Kaepernick in as a starter.
    Dad's black and mom's Jewish.

Hmm....what other recent, sudden social engineering icon do we compare that to? I'm thinking 2008-2016 timeframe.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He could have taken the high road and brought a public eye to the problem. But he had to go full retard and again like always forced people to turn a blind eye to police abuse. Not entirely his fault but anyone in the public eye should realize the majority of people are morons. They reject logic for what what the pundits tell them is the truth and knee jerk reactions to his outrage. Instead of realizing, yes his opposition to the police is over the top, but lets find out why. The news media of course won't do that and neither will those who seek conditioning instead of thinking for themselves.

I never hated Kaepernick because he took a knee. I hated him because hes a communist douchebag. Guy has the audacity of wearing a Che Guevara shirt during one of his press conferences.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Kaepernick was a few yards short of winning a Super Bowl and took the team to the NFC Championship the following year. I don't know enough to say he was a better choice than Alex Smith but you pretty much can't suck at quarterback and win to that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I never hated Kaepernick because he took a knee. I hated him because hes a communist douchebag. Guy has the audacity of wearing a Che Guevara shirt during one of his press conferences.
    Liberals love him because of the Che Guevara shirt and kneel. And Cop hating. Well if they want disarming of the cops i say leftists should go for it. And maybe they should relearn what communism is.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lebron James will attack you if you don't support Kaepernick.

Lebron James has not and will not kneel during the national anthem.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lebron James will attack you if you don't support Kaepernick.

Lebron James has not and will not kneel during the national anthem.
    Which reminds me, I remember Lebron James was pretty quiet when it came to China and Nike.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 06-07-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He could have taken the high road and brought a public eye to the problem.
    what "high road" do you speak of?

i always thought he did and felt sorry that he had to continually explain that his stance was against police brutality
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    what "high road" do you speak of?

i always thought he did and felt sorry that he had to continually explain that his stance was against police brutality
    Well he continually retweets openly Marxist groups. Literal Marxist with Communist symbols. He wore a Fidel Castro shirt and defended Castro and drew moral equivalencies with the US and Cuba. He said droning that Iranian terrorist general was racist against brown people. He coerced Nike into not releasing a Betsy Ross flag because of racism. On the Fourth of July he went $#@!hole Ghana and said he was at his real home.

He is awful. He is a neo-Nazi moral equivalent and should be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Well he continually retweets openly Marxist groups. Literal Marxist with Communist symbols. He wore a Fidel Castro shirt and defended Castro and drew moral equivalencies with the US and Cuba. He said droning that Iranian terrorist general was racist against brown people. He coerced Nike into not releasing a Betsy Ross flag because of racism. On the Fourth of July he went $#@!hole Ghana and said he was at his real home.

He is awful. He is a neo-Nazi moral equivalent and should be treated as such.
    he was banned from the nfl for trying bring attention to his country's horrendous policing (he's a helluva lot better than AJ McCarron or Matt Barkley). his pet project has been buying and getting suits so that poor and homeless folks can wear something nice to an interview.

i'll admit, i was a fan of his in college and thought the 49ers got a great pick in the 2nd round. i know he's not in general agreement w/me on much, but he's on point when it comes to how the police should be held accountable.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

he was banned from the nfl
    No. He was not banned.

Tim Tebow probably could have squeezed a few more years out of the NFL but teams didn't want the distraction of him as a backup. Carmelo Anthony is a Hall of Famer and teams didn't want to deal with him even though they could get him for peanuts. Kaepernick was probably good enough to start for a bottom tier team and certainly back someone up the last few years. But he wasn't good enough to overcome the huge headache he would bring.

If I recall Kaepernick was black balled from the league.

Calvin Coolidge

To all he did was make a bunch of people not want to watch football anymore. He could have made a youtube video and put a link on his facebook page instead of trying to make the NFL be his platform for this issue..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he was banned from the nfl for trying bring attention to his country's horrendous policing (he's a helluva lot better than AJ McCarron or Matt Barkley). his pet project has been buying and getting suits so that poor and homeless folks can wear something nice to an interview.

i'll admit, i was a fan of his in college and thought the 49ers got a great pick in the 2nd round. i know he's not in general agreement w/me on much, but he's on point when it comes to how the police should be held accountable.
    Of course the police should be held accountable to call for de-funding ? disbanding of police is a ridicules idea and notion if Leftists go with it or something similar even close to de-funding i dont see how the leftists would win.