Thread: Senators kneel in supplication

Exclamation Senators kneel in supplication

Democrat Senators Kneel During Moment of Silence for George Floyd

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-george-floyd/

Joshua Caplan 5 Jun 2020

Five Democrat senators knelt during a moment of silence for George Floyd — a black man who recently died in police custody in Minneapolis — on Capitol Hill Friday afternoon.

Sens. Tim Kaine (D-VA), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Martin Heinrich (D-NM), Michael Bennet (D-CO) knelt during the tribute, which lasted for eight minutes and 46 seconds, the length of time that video showed fired Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin pressing his knee on Floyd’s neck before he died. Chauvin faces a second-degree murder charge over the incident.

5 Democratic Senators — Sens. Michael Bennet (Colo.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Martin Heinrich (N.M.), Tim Kaine (Va.) and Chris Van Hollen (Md.) — kneel as Senate Democrats hold moment of silence. https://t.co/otHljvtzyY pic.twitter.com/4RS4iPSImG

— The Hill (@thehill) June 4, 2020

During the event, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) delivered remarks about Floyd’s life.

“Today we gather here in solemn reverence to not just mark his tragic death but to give honor to his life,” Booker stated, according to The Hill. “George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor. May we honor those dead by protecting all who are alive.”

Speaking to reporters afterward, Booker said the moment of silence was a “very painful moment

“They, like so many Americans, want to do something,” said the New Jersey Democrat. “And we all know we’re all working on legislation but the conversations that led to this was because people feel, in my opinion, that we need to do more.”

“For all of us, this would be a moment of solidarity and sort of sharing common spirited grief so it was very moving to me to see everyone,” he added.

Floyd’s family praised him as a “powerful man” who “would stand up for injustice anywhere” during his memorial Thursday in Minneapolis.

The service, which was broadcast on television and live-streamed online, began at 1 p.m. at the North Central University sanctuary.

George Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, described his brother as “powerful” and said he “had a way with words.”

“Guys that was doing drugs, smokers and homeless people — you couldn’t tell because when you spoke to George, they felt … like they were the president, because that is how he made you feel.

“Every day, he walks outside, there’d be a line of people, just like when we came in, wanting to greet him and wanting to have fun with him.”

His younger brother, Rodney Floyd, said George Floyd taught him how to be a man.

George Floyd “was doing the best that he can and the mistakes that he made and watching him, correcting myself as a teenager growing up. And learning from him how to be a man.”

He “would stand up for injustice anywhere.”

Al Sharpton and Ben Crump, the civil rights attorney representing Floyd’s family, also eulogized Floyd.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprised, this is a fast moving trend nationally. In some ways, political atmosphere of Trump Presidency era seems more pro-social justice than Obama era and almost all major branches of politics and government seem to be on the same page mostly. Won't be too surprised to see headline about someone from First Family also being photographed kneeling to honor memory of George Floyd. President's daughter had also joined #BlackoutTuesday in support of Black Lives matter.
    Before it was just few athletes but not anymore. It's becoming almost a bipartisan thing sort of like 'POTUS bow before the Saudi king'.

Not just police across US cities is doing it, US National Guard members also take the knee

Not a surprise that Tim Kane also knelled down. Are they going to force that all white Americans to kneel down as well? that had nothing to do with this?

He “would stand up for injustice anywhere.”
    As long your white they wont care about injustice.

I wonder what would have happened if 5 senators had knelt in a moment of silence for James Earl Ray?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if 5 senators had knelt in a moment of silence for James Earl Ray?
    The democarts would need would a miracle to win this year's election bowing or kneeling down not sure that helps them it didn't do much by supporting BLM in 2016/2017.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The democarts would need would a miracle to win this year's election bowing or kneeling down not sure that helps them it didn't do much by supporting BLM in 2016/2017.
    You need to look up James Earl Ray to get the meaning.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Hell, I'd like to have seen that for Jeremy Mardis.

You would think this sends the wrong message since George Floyd died because a cop knelt on his neck.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More liberal division. American humans need to stop worrying about their outfit and suit they put on. What job title they have doesnt make somone a servant to another American. You serve the American people by standing up for principles and liberty. You work for them just like any other work. This is what gives people who are given power a superiority complex and creates cults of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You would think this sends the wrong message since George Floyd died because a cop knelt on his neck.
    This is now looking like a race issue mentally then whatever his name was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hell, I'd like to have seen that for Jeremy Mardis.
    It would make an interesting protest to line the streets with pictures of people killed by police. I would hold one for little Jeremy.
    #NashvilleStrong

I kneel for no one but God.

Amazing how Soro's has even Senators kneeling like trained dogs.

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 06-05-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    lolololololololololol I'm going to have fun with that joke.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kneeling on the clock, all of this waste of time and money, on our dimes, free commercials for their next campaigns. They look like they're kneeling down and getting ready to be "taken out."
    FJB

Should this be called Kaepernicking?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    [B]....

“Today we gather here in solemn reverence to not just mark his tragic death but to give honor to his life,” Booker stated, according to The Hill.
    Floyd’s family praised him as a “powerful man” who “would stand up for injustice anywhere” during his memorial Thursday in Minneapolis.
    A modern MLK. Not sure why he liked injustice so much he would stand up for it anywhere.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.