Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffalo Police Officers Violently Shove Man Down Causing Serious Harm

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It was radio'd in immediately, the guy who did it tried to stop and was pulled away.

I guess you could complain, but what are you going to do by complaining and exacerbating this situation? You are going to cause more rioting and looting. You are going to create a bigger police state. All over a bunch of minor bull$#@!.
    It's almost as if the way they promote violence by misrepresenting and reporting "news" is treason and undermining our nation
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was not a violent push, that was a shove, it wasn't even higher up on his body at all, quit going around trying to push and dramatize every little thing, just like the media is doing.

They were told to clear the square (Niagara Square)....... hmmmm..... look at the symbol in the background.
    FJB

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    America needs to retrain its police officers.
    Sorry for saying this but would that person live matter though? will there be rioting or looting over the person who has being harmed by the cop?
    No there won't be. I'd be shocked if there were signs in protest with his name on them.

Justice for "__________________".

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    That was not a violent push, that was a shove, it wasn't even higher up on his body at all, quit going around trying to push and dramatize every little thing, just like the media is doing.

They were told to clear the square (Niagara Square)....... hmmmm..... look at the symbol in the background.
    Why would he even be there when they were told to clear the area?

Why would he even be there when they were told to clear the area?
    I think they are putting something in the Maple Syrup in Canada that would explain for all your boot licking.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I think they are putting something in the Maple Syrup in Canada that would explain for all your boot licking.
    Are you in favor of disarm the police in your community? just saying.

You are actually asking me if I am in favour of disarming the people that did heinous things to me, have beat me repeatedly causing multiple permanent injuries, life long suffering, mental suffering, destroyed every relationship, every job, everything most people hold dear and repeatedly put a gun to my head? Yes, of course I would be in favour of that. I would be happier if they are behind bars but people like you and your shill news media are why it never happens.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-05-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You are actually asking me if I am in favour of disarming the people that did heinous things to me, have beat me repeatedly causing multiple permanent injuries, life long suffering, mental suffering, destroyed every relationship, every job, everything most people hold dear and repeatedly put a gun to my head? Yes, of course I would be in favour of that. I would be happier if they are behind bars but people like you and your shill news media are why it never happens.
    The daily struggle meme..

@Anti Federalist, me and plenty of others here definitely have conflicting feelings on this whole situation.

Maybe somebody can help caption that meme, because it is highly appropriate for the situation.

Ya, I've been known to say "$#@! tha police", but I also like law and order, when the laws and the order are justified by protecting the rights of individuals and their property. But we all know that too much of the time, cops are busy enforcing unconstitutional, burdensome laws.

For too long, too many people have depended on the state police apparatus to protect them. We all know it would be better if people were better able to protect themselves, and we know the benefits that come from privatized police who would not benefit from qualified immunity and who could be easily terminated if they were not performing their job properly..

On the other hand, a city like Minneapolis would likely have huge problems if, say, the police force were disbanded overnight. The crime would increase, which would lead to more people owning guns to protect themselves over time. Next thing you know, instead of black people occasionally getting murdered by cops, they would have a slew of criminals being murdered by citizens, and there would be no way for those citizens to be prosecuted or arrested for overuse of force, because they wouldn't have police. Vigilantism and revenge killings could potentially get out of hand.. or, maybe, just maybe, given enough time, the criminals may come to realize that they don't have the upper hand anymore.

So hey, if the extreme leftists in that state, who were voted into office, really want that - and they can't think through the consequences... there is a part of me, and AF also, who says hey - it's your city, I'm not going to stop you. I'm not going to send a $#@!ing army over there and stop you, either, even though if a group of people out in the stix tried something like that, the left would certainly send an army out after them... So go ahead, why don't you try it and see how that works for you?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    All members of Buffalo PD's emergency response team resign in protest.

And it keeps getting more surreal....
    It sounded to me like they resigned due to the punishment received by the offending officer(s)?

I'd say good move. If they aren't willing to protect their own, then they shouldn't be working for them.

Even the clips Fox News played was deceptive, they really need to show the guy walking up to them and shaking his phone and touching them, before the push.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rioting is a young man's game.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i don't think the policemen meant to knock the 75 year old man down , to me all the cops walking past him and not helping him
    was very bad , no one there knew weather the guy had other problems like a bad heart , alzheimers , dementia or other problems .

if i was the mayor i would put every cop that walked by him on 1 month leave w/o pay for not stopping to help him .

It sounded to me like they resigned due to the punishment received by the offending officer(s)?

I'd say good move. If they aren't willing to protect their own, then they shouldn't be working for them.

Even the clips Fox News played was deceptive, they really need to show the guy walking up to them and shaking his phone and touching them, before the push.
    The 57 officers did not resign from the police force entirely, only from the Emergency Response Team (ERT) - the unit that’s called in to prevent/stop any rioting that might occur.

The resignations came after PBA President John Evans, sent members an email calling the treatment of the two suspended cops by the Buffalo Police Department, District Attorney John Flynn and the Assistant District Attorney Gary HackBush, “despicable”. Evans further stated that henceforward, the PBA would not be providing for the legal defense of any ERT or SWAT members related to the protests.

(By Madison Carter - WKBW -Posted at 9:45 PM, Jun 05, 2020 )
    “It went bad. It went bad.”

Two officers of the Buffalo Police Department’s Emergency Response Team spoke with 7 Eyewitness News under the condition their names not be used...

…“We quit because our union said [they] aren’t legally backing us anymore. So why would we stand on a line for the City with no legal backing if something [were to] happen? Has nothing to do with us supporting,” said another.

A representative from the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association told 7 Eyewitness News Reporter Hannah Buehler the officers resigned in “disgust” with how the two officers were treated…

…“Some of them probably resigned because they support the officer,” said another officer with whom we spoke. “But, for many of us, that’s not true.”

“The City, DA Flynn, they’re not representing those guys at all. They have to find their own lawyers, they have to come out of pocket.”

“You can’t ask people to do something and then when they do it and it goes bad then you just say they’re on their own,” an officer told 7 Eyewitness News…

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...ended-officers
    The two officers are being arraigned this morning (Saturday) at Buffalo City Court. Unidentified sources have alleged that they will be charged with “assault in the second degree, a class D felony.” https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...turday-morning
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-06-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    i don't think the policemen meant to knock the 75 year old man down , to me all the cops walking past him and not helping him
    was very bad , no one there knew weather the guy had other problems like a bad heart , alzheimers , dementia or other problems .

if i was the mayor i would put every cop that walked by him on 1 month leave w/o pay for not stopping to help him .
    Yes, this looks very bad to any layperson - most of us would choose to drop whatever we were doing in order to help an injured person. But as the cops were under orders to perform a specific task AND there were already medical people nearby who could take better care of the guy - the cops are required to continue following orders and allow the medical professionals to take over. They can't just break rank to take up some new task - not when there are others nearby who are better equipped for the job. That's the nature of "orders". Watching someone else follow orders can't always look nice - that's just reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    The 57 officers did not resign from the police force entirely, only from the Emergency Response Team (ERT) - the unit that’s called in to prevent/stop any rioting that might occur.

The resignations came after PBA President John Evans, sent members an email calling the treatment of the two suspended cops by the Buffalo Police Department, District Attorney John Flynn and the Assistant District Attorney Gary HackBush, “despicable”. Evans further stated that henceforward, the PBA would not be providing for the legal defense of any ERT or SWAT members related to the protests.

(By Madison Carter - WKBW -Posted at 9:45 PM, Jun 05, 2020 )

The two officers are being arraigned this morning (Saturday) at Buffalo City Court. Unidentified sources have alleged that they will be charged with “assault in the second degree, a class D felony.” https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...turday-morning
    This is clear evidence how the aggressive attitudes of the kops would change automatically when they are faced with even the remotest possibility of being criminally and financially responsible for their actions.

This is why qualified immunity needs to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    AND there were already medical people nearby who could take better care of the guy - the cops are required to continue following orders and allow the medical professionals to take over.
    Me personally, I would prefer to have a medic look me over rather than a cop dressed to bust heads in riot gear.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    This is clear evidence how the aggressive attitudes of the kops would change automatically when they are faced with even the remotest possibility of being criminally and financially responsible for their actions.

This is why qualified immunity needs to go away.
    Agreed. Power corrupts. ALWAYS. Repeat. Repeat Again. I have seen it with my own eyes with dumb policemen who were given outrageous powers during the lockdowns.

YES

I would like to see the concept of Police removed from civilized thought.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post

Pretty much my POV.
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

We don't need police departments, we only need a sheriff and deputies. Cities that defund police are going to beg for them back though.

The daily struggle meme..

@Anti Federalist, me and plenty of others here definitely have conflicting feelings on this whole situation.

Maybe somebody can help caption that meme, because it is highly appropriate for the situation.

Ya, I've been known to say "$#@! tha police", but I also like law and order, when the laws and the order are justified by protecting the rights of individuals and their property. But we all know that too much of the time, cops are busy enforcing unconstitutional, burdensome laws.

For too long, too many people have depended on the state police apparatus to protect them. We all know it would be better if people were better able to protect themselves, and we know the benefits that come from privatized police who would not benefit from qualified immunity and who could be easily terminated if they were not performing their job properly..

On the other hand, a city like Minneapolis would likely have huge problems if, say, the police force were disbanded overnight. The crime would increase, which would lead to more people owning guns to protect themselves over time. Next thing you know, instead of black people occasionally getting murdered by cops, they would have a slew of criminals being murdered by citizens, and there would be no way for those citizens to be prosecuted or arrested for overuse of force, because they wouldn't have police. Vigilantism and revenge killings could potentially get out of hand.. or, maybe, just maybe, given enough time, the criminals may come to realize that they don't have the upper hand anymore.

So hey, if the extreme leftists in that state, who were voted into office, really want that - and they can't think through the consequences... there is a part of me, and AF also, who says hey - it's your city, I'm not going to stop you. I'm not going to send a $#@!ing army over there and stop you, either, even though if a group of people out in the stix tried something like that, the left would certainly send an army out after them... So go ahead, why don't you try it and see how that works for you?
    There are many (better) alternatives to having a police department, here is one of them:
    https://mises.org/wire/privatize-police

I wonder if the protester "took a dive".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12