Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Your thought police tactics come from Marxists. You know that right? The story is the story. I'm not some politically correct boob you can push around bub. I don't believe in that color blind bvllshyt and I don't think you do either. I didn't see you complaining about @AntiFederalist's thread about white people killed by police.

Edit: And your title doesn't even tell a quarter of the story. This wasn't just some man killed by the police. He was a man that supported the police. So take your thought control and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    The act of him supporting the police previously is a side story, it's not relevant to the main story which is that he shot at the cops and they shot back. Too bad for him the cops were better shots.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The act of him supporting the police previously is a side story, it's not relevant to the main story which is that he shot at the cops and they shot back. Too bad for him the cops were better shots.
    Not relevant to you. Relevant to me. If you don't like what I post then put me on ignore. You know the reason I get along great with @AntiFederalist even though he doesn't have a politically correct bone in his body? Because he doesn't have a politically correct bone in his body. He says what he thinks and I respect that. He also doesn't try to control what other people say or think and I respect that too. Go back to whatever Stalinist politically correct cave you crawled out from under.

Every fact in any story is relevant. Only a communist would think otherwise.

Edit: But this is why I find it relevant. There is a lot of distrust between police and the black community. This man was doing his part to break down that distrust and he got shot and killed in the process. That's a sad irony. And while I will give the police the benefit of the doubt based on "fog of war", I can understand those who don't. An honest mistake cost a man his life. There is a police officer right now doing 12 1/2 years for a mistake.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-20-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not relevant to you. Relevant to me. If you don't like what I post then put me on ignore. You know the reason I get along great with @AntiFederalist even though he doesn't have a politically correct bone in his body? Because he doesn't have a politically correct bone in his body. He says what he thinks and I respect that. He also doesn't try to control what other people say or think and I respect that too. Go back to whatever Stalinist politically correct cave you crawled out from under.

Edit: But this is why I find it relevant. There is a lot of distrust between police and the black community. This man was doing his part to break down that distrust and he got shot and killed in the process. That's a sad irony. And while I will give the police the benefit of the doubt based on "fog of war", I can understand those who don't. An honest mistake cost a man his life. There is a police officer right now doing 12 1/2 years for a mistake.
    Agree totally about @AntiFederalist.

He & I can agree or disagree & still have decent dialog & grow from each other's POV. No, I don't always agree with him but, yes, I'll stand beside him any day if he needs me.
    There is no spoon.

You can think whatever you want, I just pointed out how your headline is misleading. Too bad the chip on your shoulder is too big to see that.

There is a lot of mistrust between the black community and police and the white community at large specifically because of misleading headlines like this. It makes people think that a black man got killed just because he's black. Things like that give the impression that cops are a bunch of white racists who are going around committing genocide against blacks. It's incredibly irresponsible for the media to try and make people believe that, and is going to be directly responsible for starting a race war. That man didn't get killed for trying to break down that trust, he got killed because he had a change of heart and decided to start shooting at the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Agree totally about @AntiFederalist.

He & I can agree or disagree & still have decent dialog & grow from each other's POV. No, I don't always agree with him but, yes, I'll stand beside him any day if he needs me.
    I was wondering why I didn't get these notifications...after all these years I just found out there is "AntiFederalist" with no space as a member. Was here one day back in 2007 and never logged in again...I'll have to see if Brian can delete that member name..I may have missed quite a bit of PMs and notifications.

At any rate, the feeling is mutual...we're all still trying to secure and much liberty as we can in an unfree world.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I've probably not read enough on this and I'm so tired of all this $#@! that I'm losing interest, but the one thing I did read sounds like people were outside the restaurant peacefully but "unlawfully" eating some of his barbeque , in violation of curfew --

so some LEO goons accompanied by National Guardsmen started shooting them up with "pepperballs" to disperse them from their unlawful BBQ dining. And people started to flee inside, in a panic as a result.

Whatever source of info on this I read seemed to believe that maybe he heard the pop of the guns shooting the "pepperballs" and thought that someone was firing upon his restaurant with real rounds, and he (foolishly) reacted by firing towards what he thought was the source of that.

I don't know if this is true, but if so, it may be just another case of law enforcement needlessly escalating a nothing situation, resulting in tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was wondering why I didn't get these notifications...after all these years I just found out there is "AntiFederalist" with no space as a member. Was here one day back in 2007 and never logged in again...I'll have to see if Brian can delete that member name..I may have missed quite a bit of PMs and notifications.

At any rate, the feeling is mutual...we're all still trying to secure and much liberty as we can in an unfree world.
    Oh wow! I remember the old days in programming where a space was not allowed in an identifier. Anyway...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    You can think whatever you want, I just pointed out how your headline is misleading. Too bad the chip on your shoulder is too big to see that.
    Was the store owner black? Yes. Did he give the police free food? Yes. So there is nothing misleading about my headline. If you want to apologize for your false accusation I accept., If you call my insistence on accuracy a "chip" then you can go fly a kite for all I care.

There is a lot of mistrust between the black community and police and the white community at large specifically because of misleading headlines like this.
    I'm curious. Why do you insist on lying? Just curious.

It makes people think that a black man got killed just because he's black.
    Only to someone who can't read.

Edit: And if you think this story is why there is distrust of police, then you really are clueless. We just watched a police officer choke a man to death over a period of 8 minutes. And in 2014 when police killed a grandmother in a no knock raid on the wrong house, the planted marijuana on her dead corpse to try to justify her killing. That is why nobody white or black should blindly trust the police.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-20-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I've probably not read enough on this and I'm so tired of all this $#@! that I'm losing interest, but the one thing I did read sounds like people were outside the restaurant peacefully but "unlawfully" eating some of his barbeque , in violation of curfew --

so some LEO goons accompanied by National Guardsmen started shooting them up with "pepperballs" to disperse them from their unlawful BBQ dining. And people started to flee inside, in a panic as a result.

Whatever source of info on this I read seemed to believe that maybe he heard the pop of the guns shooting the "pepperballs" and thought that someone was firing upon his restaurant with real rounds, and he (foolishly) reacted by firing towards what he thought was the source of that.

I don't know if this is true, but if so, it may be just another case of law enforcement needlessly escalating a nothing situation, resulting in tragedy.
    There's no evidence that the store owner shot an anyone. That is misinformation. From the video all he had in his hands was tongs.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    [...] Why does the media concentrate on black miscreants who get killed while up to no good?

[...] In short, is the MSM giving him the white victim silent treatment because no one could possibly excuse this travesty? This case offers no buttons to push; ergo, it didn't happen? [...]
    I think that is exactly what happens in cases like this - and many others. There was an excellent and persuasive entry at the Slate Star Codex blog analyzing the dynamics of this phenomenon. The title of the post is "The Toxoplasma of Rage."

Here's a link to that 2014 article at the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20200217...lasma-of-rage/. (The reason for the Wayback link is that the author of the Slate Star Codex blog just recently deleted all the content at the site because the New York Times was going to run an article which would have doxxed him. There's an explanation of that situation here: slatestarcodex.com.)

Section III of the article references the Michael Brown and Eric Garner incidents (which were relatively recent at the time) as examples of what the author is talking about. PETA, the War on Terror, and controversial rape allegations are also cited as examples.

It's a bit long (but not too long - about a 20-or-so minute read), and it's definitely worth checking out. Here are the closing paragraphs:

FTA: The Toxoplasma of Rage
    Under Moloch, everyone is irresistibly incentivized to ignore the things that unite us in favor of forever picking at the things that divide us in exactly the way that is most likely to make them more divisive. Race relations are at historic lows not because white people and black people disagree on very much, but because the media absolutely worked its tuchus off to find the single issue that white people and black people disagreed over the most and ensure that it was the only issue anybody would talk about. Men’s rights activists and feminists hate each other not because there’s a huge divide in how people of different genders think, but because only the most extreme examples of either side will ever gain traction, and those only when they are framed as attacks on the other side.

People talk about the shift from old print-based journalism to the new world of social media and the sites adapted to serve it. These are fast, responsive, and only just beginning to discover the power of controversy. They are memetic evolution shot into hyperdrive, and the omega point is a well-tuned machine optimized to search the world for the most controversial and counterproductive issues, then make sure no one can talk about anything else. An engine that creates money by burning the few remaining shreds of cooperation, bipartisanship and social trust.

Imagine Moloch looking out over the expanse of the world, eagle-eyed for anything that can turn brother against brother and husband against wife. Finally he decides “YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? BIRD-WATCHING. LET ME FIND SOME STORY THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE HATE EACH OTHER OVER BIRD-WATCHING”. And the next day half the world’s newspaper headlines are “Has The Political Correctness Police Taken Over Bird-Watching?” and the other half are “Is Bird-Watching Racist?”. And then bird-watchers and non-bird-watchers and different sub-groups of bird-watchers hold vitriolic attacks on each other that feed back on each other in a vicious cycle for the next six months, and the whole thing ends in mutual death threats and another previously innocent activity turning into World War I style trench warfare.

(You think I’m exaggerating? Listen: “YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? VIDEO GAMES.”)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-17-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Edit: And if you think this story is why there is distrust of police, then you really are clueless. We just watched a police officer choke a man to death over a period of 8 minutes. And in 2014 when police killed a grandmother in a no knock raid on the wrong house, the planted marijuana on her dead corpse to try to justify her killing. That is why nobody white or black should blindly trust the police.
    Right, no one should trust the police, it's not a racial issue. Cops don't discriminate, they will violate your rights no matter what color you are.

There's no evidence that the store owner shot an anyone. That is misinformation. From the video all he had in his hands was tongs.
    update -

Ballistic reports show that a 9 mm Jimenez handgun McAtee dropped in the doorway after he was hit by gunfire had been fired at least twice that night, Brown said. Casings from two bullets fired from the weapon were recovered near the door.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rd/5328470002/

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    update -

Ballistic reports show that a 9 mm Jimenez handgun McAtee dropped in the doorway after he was hit by gunfire had been fired at least twice that night, Brown said. Casings from two bullets fired from the weapon were recovered near the door.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rd/5328470002/
    Okay. More context.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rs/3135804001/

If he shot at anything it wasn't at police. It doesn't appear he was aiming at anyone. Again I don't blame the police. Fog of war and all that. But I don't blame the victim either. People on the right praise the Korean shop owners for protecting their businesses with guns in the L.A. riots. But in this case the gun owner is accused of "shooting at the police" when even the police don't say that.

Okay. More context.

If he shot at anything it wasn't at police. It doesn't appear he was aiming at anyone. Again I don't blame the police. Fog of war and all that. But I don't blame the victim either. People on the right praise the Korean shop owners for protecting their businesses with guns in the L.A. riots. But in this case the gun owner is accused of "shooting at the police" when even the police don't say that.
    You didn't add any meaningful context. You don't blame him? Because he's black and they shouldn't be held accountable?

lol Why would it matter to the cops if he was aiming or not when it comes to law enforcement protecting themselves?

Okay. More context.

If he shot at anything it wasn't at police. It doesn't appear he was aiming at anyone. ...
    Only he knows what he was shooting at. And he's not going to be giving his side.

His nephew's explanation of what was in the deceased's head is pure speculation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

(You think I’m exaggerating? Listen: “YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? VIDEO GAMES COMIC BOOKS.”)
    Fixed.

Leftists Demand that Superheroes Must Be Cancelled As Long As They're White and Male

You didn't add any meaningful context. You don't blame him? Because he's black and they shouldn't be held accountable?
    No dumbass. I don't blame him because he didn't shoot at the police.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only he knows what he was shooting at. And he's not going to be giving his side.

His nephew's explanation of what was in the deceased's head is pure speculation.
    The police haven't said they thought he was aiming at the police. You don't typically go from "Free food for the cops" to cop killer.

No dumbass. I don't blame him because he didn't shoot at the police.
    So he was just shooting the gun haphazardly or was he just waving it around? That isn't dangerous? Maybe on Planet Dumbass that isn't dangerous or a threat, but here on earth it is.

"Guy known to be super friendly to cops shoots at cops for no reason and gets justifiably killed by the Godly and Holy State" - Half of RPFs as soon as the state is harming non-whites.

What the $#@! is wrong with you people? Good rule of thumb: The state is the bad guy. $#@!ing always.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    "Guy known to be super friendly to cops shoots at cops for no reason and gets justifiably killed by the Godly and Holy State" - Half of RPFs as soon as the state is harming non-whites.

What the $#@! is wrong with you people? Good rule of thumb: The state is the bad guy. $#@!ing always.
    No one is saying the state is Godly or Holy but you.

If you want to falsely play the race card go join a white guilt knitting club.

When there is gun fire and no one is shooting at you, don't go out on your porch with a gun and expect to come out unscathed.

No one is saying the state is Godly or Holy but you.

If you want to falsely play the race card go join a white guilt knitting club.

When there is gun fire and no one is shooting at you, don't go out on your porch with a gun and expect to come out unscathed.
    The state can't possibly be in the wrong. They feared for their lives, they said so.

Critical thinking around here is getting as stunted as it is on the left.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

So he was just shooting the gun haphazardly or was he just waving it around? That isn't dangerous? Maybe on Planet Dumbass that isn't dangerous or a threat, but here on earth it is.
    I didn't say that was the best thing to do, just that it's highly unlikely he was shooting at the police. Again, past history is relevant in this case. He was still giving police officers free food even after the protests had started.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    The state can't possibly be in the wrong. They feared for their lives, they said so.

Critical thinking around here is getting as stunted as it is on the left.
    And you just proved it.

I didn't say that was the best thing to do, just that it's highly unlikely he was shooting at the police. Again, past history is relevant in this case. He was still giving police officers free food even after the protests had started.
    Agreed, and I'd go further than highly unlikely if there is a phrase. It was unfortunate but McAtee should not have gone out on the porch. Even if he didn't have a gun, which according to the pic he did, he should have never gone outside. I have a ton of sympathy for him.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I think that is exactly what happens in cases like this - and many others. There was an excellent and persuasive entry at the Slate Star Codex blog analyzing the dynamics of this phenomenon. The title of the post is "The Toxoplasma of Rage."

Here's a link to that 2014 article at the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20200217...lasma-of-rage/. (The reason for the Wayback link is that the author of the Slate Star Codex blog just recently deleted all the content at the site because the New York Times was going to run an article which would have doxxed him. There's an explanation of that situation here: slatestarcodex.com.)

Section III of the article references the Michael Brown and Eric Garner incidents (which were relatively recent at the time) as examples of what the author is talking about. PETA, the War on Terror, and controversial rape allegations are also cited as examples.

It's a bit long (but not too long - about a 20-or-so minute read), and it's definitely worth checking out. Here are the closing paragraphs:

Under Moloch, everyone is irresistibly incentivized to ignore the things that unite us in favor of forever picking at the things that divide us in exactly the way that is most likely to make them more divisive. Race relations are at historic lows not because white people and black people disagree on very much, but because the media absolutely worked its tuchus off to find the single issue that white people and black people disagreed over the most and ensure that it was the only issue anybody would talk about. Men’s rights activists and feminists hate each other not because there’s a huge divide in how people of different genders think, but because only the most extreme examples of either side will ever gain traction, and those only when they are framed as attacks on the other side.

People talk about the shift from old print-based journalism to the new world of social media and the sites adapted to serve it. These are fast, responsive, and only just beginning to discover the power of controversy. They are memetic evolution shot into hyperdrive, and the omega point is a well-tuned machine optimized to search the world for the most controversial and counterproductive issues, then make sure no one can talk about anything else. An engine that creates money by burning the few remaining shreds of cooperation, bipartisanship and social trust.

Imagine Moloch looking out over the expanse of the world, eagle-eyed for anything that can turn brother against brother and husband against wife. Finally he decides “YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? BIRD-WATCHING. LET ME FIND SOME STORY THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE HATE EACH OTHER OVER BIRD-WATCHING”. And the next day half the world’s newspaper headlines are “Has The Political Correctness Police Taken Over Bird-Watching?” and the other half are “Is Bird-Watching Racist?”. And then bird-watchers and non-bird-watchers and different sub-groups of bird-watchers hold vitriolic attacks on each other that feed back on each other in a vicious cycle for the next six months, and the whole thing ends in mutual death threats and another previously innocent activity turning into World War I style trench warfare.

(You think I’m exaggerating? Listen: “YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? VIDEO GAMES.”)
    I just found out that Slate Star Codex is back online (with an explanation/update HERE).

And strangely, the Wayback Machine archive is "temporarily offline."

So here's the once-again-available original of "The Toxoplasma of Rage" at SSC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12