Thread: That Big Hydroxychloroquine Study the Media Went Nuts Over Turned Out to Be a Scam

Exclamation That Big Hydroxychloroquine Study the Media Went Nuts Over Turned Out to Be a Scam

That Big Hydroxychloroquine Study the Media Went Nuts Over Turned Out to Be a Scam

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...rce=whatfinger

Posted at 5:30 pm on June 3, 2020 by Bonchie

Hydroxychloroquine is back in the news today after a major study, which was widely touted by the media a few weeks ago, has turned out to be a scam. The study was also used to change coronavirus treatment policies by the World Health Organization.

Now, we are learning that that the company that supposedly did the study, and has helped push others, is a front company of some kind. Further, the person who put the data together is not a scientist, but a science fiction author.

That hydroxychloroquine study everyone was writing hysterical columns about a few weeks ago was a fake. https://t.co/LntWefFBZ7

— David Harsanyi (@davidharsanyi) June 3, 2020

And was written by a science fiction author with no medical or research background. https://t.co/WdsR4r5X1D

— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) June 3, 2020

The studies produced by this company were published by Lancet, a renowned medical journal, and used as evidence to attack Donald Trump with. Lancet has now issued an “expression of concern,” demanding that the company provide details on their data and methodology. Given what’s already been revealed, you’d think they’d just disown the studies altogether, but I suspect they want to save face.

It appears Surgisphere, the company that provided the data against hydroxychloroquine, doesn't actually exist.

It's likely that many died due to the "study" published in The Lancet.

Lancet has released an … "expression of concern". https://t.co/RMm7ZeDEnx pic.twitter.com/A2cdmdHbIE

— David Steinberg (@realDSteinberg) June 3, 2020

While these studies being frauds is bad, what’s worse is that the media took their message far and wide, literally painting hydroxychloroquine as some kind of death sentence. How many people who might have been helped by the drug, if used properly early in the process, might be alive had countries and doctors not been so discouraged from using it? We may never know the answer to that, though the usual suspects continue to dig in behind their narrative.

This does provide some notion to how flawed the medical journal system is. Why would something like this be published and used to make life and death decisions when Lancet wasn’t even aware of their methodology? It seems rather insane on it’s face.

I’ll also note that some of us pointed out at the time that the study was flawed from the get go. They included data on the drug being used alone, which scientifically makes no sense. We already know it doesn’t work by itself. It also doesn’t work with just an antibiotic. It’s the inclusion of zinc that doctors have testified to making the difference.

But whether hydroxychloroquine is effective or not on a wide scale against coronavirus, there’s no doubt that a rabid media campaign to discredit it for purely partisan reasons has taken place. This was always simply about sniping at Trump, nothing more. These news outlets should be offering corrections today, though I suspect we’ll see far more double down.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the MSM disapproves of a certain drug to combat a sickness, its probably the right drug to take.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    These news outlets should be offering corrections today, though I suspect we’ll see far more double down.
    The media always doubles down.

Hydroxychloroquine fails to prevent COVID-19 in rigorous study

JUNE 4, 2020
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-prevention-covid-19-study/

This is CBS's definition of a "rigorous study"

The study enrolled people through the Internet and social media, relying on them to report their own symptoms rather than having them tracked in a formal way by doctors. Participants were not all tested for the coronavirus but were diagnosed as COVID-19 cases based on symptoms in many cases. And not all took their medicines as directed.

CBS needs to go out of business.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The FDA still thinks it's perfectly safe to consume aspartame
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I wonder what happened to the millions of doses the feds bought? someone should check the landfills for valuable covid19 remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The media always doubles down.

Hydroxychloroquine fails to prevent COVID-19 in rigorous study

JUNE 4, 2020
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-prevention-covid-19-study/

This is CBS's definition of a "rigorous study"

CBS needs to go out of business.
    So it was an online survey?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    So it was an online survey?
    According to CBS - their headline says it was a rigorous study, then at the bottom of the article it says it was essentially an online survey.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We know behind the scenes that all our politicians are taking hydroxycholorquine.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

They Cherrypick their data to support what ever makes them more money.

Its a reflection of the entire Healthcare System, which I sincerely believe only keeps people sick, which of course makes them more money. Why? The entire industry does not make money on healthy people.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I saw fox news cover this story last night and - I swear - as Brett Bier(?) read it off, it was NOT made very clear, that the study being discredited was the one suggesting that hydrochloriquine was ineffective. The way it was written sounded confusing to me.