Thread: Defense Secretary Esper + Senator John Thune OPPOSE Insurrection Act

Defense Secretary Esper + Senator John Thune OPPOSE Insurrection Act

Finally, some voices of reason....

GOP leader backs Esper on opposing Insurrection Act

Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) on Wednesday threw his support behind Defense Secretary Mark Esper after the Pentagon chief said he opposes invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807 to deploy active U.S. military on American soil to quell urban protests.

“I think that these tasks ought to be relegated as much as possible to the state and local authorities, the law enforcement and police,” Thune told reporters Wednesday when asked about Esper’s opposition to President Trump possibly invoking the Insurrection Act.

“You got national guard in the states they can activate. I know there are instances in the past where they’ve had to call up active-duty personnel but I think the goal always is to de-escalate, not escalate. So my view is that’s the right call,” he added.

Thune said the U.S. military should maintain its longstanding tradition of staying nonpolitical.

“I think the Defense Department by and large ought to stay out of the political fray. They’ve got a job to do and we count on them heavily to do it,” he said.

Esper said at a news conference earlier Wednesday that regular active-duty troops should not be used for domestic policing jobs.

"I've always believed and continue to believe that the National Guard is best suited for performing domestic support to civil authorities in these situations in support of local law enforcement," he said.

Source.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are the internal traitors.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    So you prefer a police state? You want to militarize our cities and declare martial law?

That's certainly not what Ron Paul and other libertarians (Ben Swann, John Whitehead, etc.) are supporting....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Oh? Federal militarization of the police has worked out so well for you that you want the federal military marching into your community and policing you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh? Federal militarization of the police has worked out so well for you that you want the federal military marching into your community and policing you?
    That's just it, it has worked miserably, and they know it. They have governors giving stand down orders to the police allowing the criminals to turn their cities into rubble and killing innocent people in their path.

The militia needs to be organized as per the second amendment. People need to organize by committees of safety.

The military should not police, but to help surround these criminals with manpower. These are not protests, this is an armed insurrection. and a coup attempt.

I have said all along, that President Trump's only hope to stop a coup attempt is by our own military protecting him.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    So you prefer a police state? You want to militarize our cities and declare martial law?

That's certainly not what Ron Paul and other libertarians (Ben Swann, John Whitehead, etc.) are supporting....
    The militias need to be activated. But how many volunteers do you think will stand up to the plate?

The military should not police, but to help surround these criminals with manpower.
    A distinction without a difference.

These are not protests, this is an armed insurrection. and a coup attempt.
    Armed with bricks, and liberating televisions and laundry soap.

We wish. Hell, a coup attempt sounds pretty good about now.

The militias need to be activated. But how many volunteers do you think will stand up to the plate?
    Are there organized and armed militias in all states?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And police has done what to protect your community while they were ordered to stand down?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    And police has done what to protect your community while they were ordered to stand down?
    They were ordered to stand down? They didn't.

Hilarious
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Hilarious
    You certainly are, Biden supporter.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

They were ordered to stand down? They didn't.
    In NYC they were. In many of the liberal states they were ordered to stand while the riots were happening. Not the first time either.

I don't even trust the National Guard in my area. When I [we] sat down and conversed with them, they plainly stated that they were required to follow orders from superiors, and the president, and let the courts figure what is Constitutional or not. Even after I explained to them they took an Oath, and that we had a Bill of Rights. Something something about "ordinances" and "emergency situations".

So, f&ck them too.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I don't even trust the National Guard in my area. When I [we] sat down and conversed with them, they plainly stated that they were required to follow orders from superiors, and the president, and let the courts figure what is Constitutional or not. Even after I explained to them they took an Oath, and that we had a Bill of Rights. Something something about "ordinances" and "emergency situations".

So, f&ck them too.
    Well i blame the liberal governors for not using the police to control the riots. So i dont blame the Trump admin for maybe i guess abit overreacting over a state issue. But with anything these governors have shown that they would their cities burn and be destroyed by chaos and rioting then letting it reopen after the lockdowns.

Invoking the insurrection act should be a last resort when the mayors and governors lose control of their cities and states.

I don't think we are quite there yet. But it's getting closer.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Invoking the insurrection act should be a last resort when the mayors and governors lose control of their cities and states.

I don't think we are quite there yet. But it's getting closer.
    It looks like things have really quieted down the past two nights in Minneapolis, after they fully deployed the National Guard. It seems they now have enough boots on the ground to enforce the curfews.

So I suspect that would be generally true in most other states. The big question is why did it take them so long to deploy the Guard? Was that intentional and planned also??

It looks like things have really quieted down the past two nights in Minneapolis, after they fully deployed the National Guard. It seems they now have enough boots on the ground to enforce the curfews.

So I suspect that would be generally true in most other states. The big question is why did it take them so long to deploy the Guard? Was that intentional and planned also??
    Sure it could have been planned. Or just not prepared. We will never know.

Are there organized and armed militias in all states?
    The governors that are telling their police officers to stand down would be the same governors to call on a militia. However, I think people are starting to realize just what the second amendment means. A lot of people around my community are preparing and not waiting for a governor anymore.

Hilarious
    You're obviously not paying attention. 1806 Insurrection Act - Signed into law by President Thomas Jefferson on March 3, 1807.

Our military does its best work guarding opium fields and drone attacking schools. Why would they do anything to actually protect american people? I honestly don't fear a true police state. I follow the rules. I'm sure someone is gonna come at me with a Ben Franklin quote. Really go back to freshman year civics class. Real talk: if most of the agetatators slash looters just disappeared Argentinian style most normal people wouldn't care. Freedom to me is being able to walk down the street and conduct my business without fear.
    Last edited by mtr1979; 06-03-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Our military does its best work guarding opium fields and drone attacking schools. Why would they do anything to actually protect american people? I honestly don't fear a true police state. I follow the rules. I'm sure someone is gonna come at me with a Ben Franklin quote. Really go back to freshman year civics class. Real talk: if most of the agetatators slash looters just disappeared Aregentian style most normal people wouldn't care. Freedom to me is being able to walk down the street and conduct my business without fear.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

You're obviously not paying attention. 1806 Insurrection Act - Signed into law by President Thomas Jefferson on March 3, 1807.
    What does that have to do with absolutely anything?

Are you saying that because there's a law, that means that it's right and the right thing to do?

When did you begin worshiping the federal government? January 20th, 2017?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Our military does its best work guarding opium fields and drone attacking schools. Why would they do anything to actually protect american people? I honestly don't fear a true police state. I follow the rules. I'm sure someone is gonna come at me with a Ben Franklin quote. Really go back to freshman year civics class. Real talk: if most of the agetatators slash looters just disappeared Argentinian style most normal people wouldn't care. Freedom to me is being able to walk down the street and conduct my business without fear.
    Slavery but it's okay because you are your master's favored and obedient slave.
    Pinochet is the model

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Slavery but it's okay because you are your master's favored and obedient slave.
    Hey Morpheus that's deep man. Sorry I'm not alpha enough to take the red pill.

This is a good thing on multiple levels:
    • Trump made a mistake here by trying to do exactly what the enemy wants him to do, and it could have been a disaster both immediately, and on the Constitutional precedent level.
    • It's possible that Esper, Thune, etc. opposed Trump because Orange Man Bad, but it's also entirely possible that they're simply taking their oaths seriously. The two cases are indistinguishable at the moment, except perhaps in the language they use.
    • This now set a precedent that will make it harder for government to justify abusing the Insurrection Act for any circumstances less severe than this.
    • IF some of the brass said "no" because they're part of the cabal, that also says something: It says that they felt making Trump look bad immediately was better for them than giving Trump the rope to hang himself with the very action this mess was created to provoke. Why? This would have been the cabal's perfect opportunity, because it was effectively the first trap they ever laid for him that he actually walked into. The only possibility I can think of is if they realized too many troops under them are actually loyal to America. Once the military starts being used for domestic issues, we enter banana republic territory where we start counting Generals' heads, and lower officers start relieving higher officers of their command, etc., and it becomes a matter of raw force. It is very likely that the cabal is afraid they don't have the numbers.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 06-04-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

What does that have to do with absolutely anything?

Are you saying that because there's a law, that means that it's right and the right thing to do?

When did you begin worshiping the federal government? January 20th, 2017?
    If you need it spelled out, you are seriously not paying attention.

I worship no one here on this earth. I only take a knee to my Lord and Savior.

If you need it spelled out, you are seriously not paying attention.

Bull$#@!.
    Pinochet is the model