Thread: Why Are Rioters ‘Brave’ but Coronavirus Protesters a Health Hazard?

Exclamation Why Are Rioters ‘Brave’ but Coronavirus Protesters a Health Hazard?

Why Are Rioters ‘Brave’ but Coronavirus Protesters a Health Hazard?

https://spectator.org/why-are-rioter...rce=whatfinger

There’s a double standard in how protesters are treated.

by Nic Rowan June 1, 2020, 12:07 AM

I was reading the New Yorker the other day — as one does when stuck at home — and noticed something new: In certain circumstances, it’s no longer socially unacceptable to gather in large groups.

The author, Jelani Cobb, was providing a serviceable recap of the George Floyd incident, where a police officer in Minneapolis brutally killed a black man by kneeling on his neck. Cobb, who often writes on race relations, framed the incident against the backdrop of several recent incidents when police committed what appear to be racially motivated crimes.

The people who took to the streets in Minneapolis to chant and throw rocks at police cars, Cobb wrote, “braved the pandemic” for their deeply held beliefs.

So far so good. Most New Yorker writers are walking, talking Nexis subscriptions with grad degrees and can spit out these historical explainers on demand. It was only when Cobb started discussing the protests — which at that point were not all-out riots — that his words began to get slippery.

The people who took to the streets in Minneapolis to chant and throw rocks at police cars, Cobb wrote, “braved the pandemic” for their deeply held beliefs. That phrase struck me as odd, not in the least because I remember reading Cobb saying the opposite only a few weeks prior, on the subject of the Wisconsin primary elections. Here, he criticized the people who gathered in large numbers to vote for the Democratic nominee as a “public-health hazard.”

Now, while voting for a Democratic nominee is likely a health hazard in some way, why is it any more dangerous than protesting a police murder? But maybe that’s the wrong question to be asking. Cobb acknowledges that both circumstances are dangerous because he, like most people, believes that large congregations spread the coronavirus like wildfire. So why is it that the people protesting the death of Floyd are brave while the people voting are a hazard?

It’s not just some middlebrow magazine writers who are sustaining this new strain of cognitive dissonance. The double standard is a widespread phenomenon. The crowd sizes at voting booths and anti-shutdown events in the past two months have been criticized by the press and prosecuted by state governments. And yet the crowds at the most recent round of protests and riots (which, in many cases, are much bigger events) were in large part praised, at least until the looting started.

Consider the evolution of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, whose stay-at-home orders enraged a vocal population of her state. When protesters gathered in Lansing, Whitmer carped about how their gatherings would spread the virus.

“If discouraging protests is something you could consider doing, I’d really be grateful,” she told Vice President Mike Pence on a phone call in mid-May.

Not so for the protesters with whom Whitmer agrees. While she is still asking for people to social distance and wear masks in public, she has adopted a pro-protest attitude.

“The First Amendment right to protest has never been more important,” she said in a Sunday statement. “In this moment when we are still battling a killer virus, it is crucial that those who choose to demonstrate do so peacefully, and in a way that follows social distancing guidelines to protect public health.”

Why couldn’t she have released a statement like that to the neo-Tea Partiers outside her office in April? It would have been as reasonable. Like the Floyd protesters, they argued that their First Amendment rights were being trampled upon. Business owners, church leaders, and individuals felt that law enforcement was overstepping its boundaries in regulating how they lived.

Of course, a shutdown is not equivocal to a police killing. No one was killed for holding a church service. And there isn’t a long and fraught history of statewide lockdowns the same way there is with police brutality. Still, it’s a shame that it took a murder for governors such as Whitmer to stop scolding people for chafing against governments and law enforcement not acting in their best interests.

And now that the country’s on fire, their words won’t do any good anyway.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is the death of George Floyd different? Why was this video suddenly pushed into the spotlight, and not the dozens of other videos of police brutality?

Much of the mainstream press has been focusing on the violence. But for some reason forgot to condemn it.

For the last months we’ve been told only “covidiots” would go outside without permission. Why are mass protests in the US, Berlin, London and Amsterdam suddenly not ‘murder’ anymore?

Why, within days of the incident, NIKE started a new advertising campaign endorsing the protests? Why wasn’t Nike attacked over this by our wonderful media?

Why are we suddenly seeing so many examples of police brutality (it’s almost too easy). The Minneapolis riot police arrested a black CNN reporter live on air, but forgot to first insist they stop recording: https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/31/...red-questions/
    (http://archive.is/UsddE)
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Why, within days of the incident, NIKE started a new advertising campaign endorsing the protests? Why wasn’t Nike attacked over this by our wonderful media?
    Because this is a well organized Marxist operation, directed by the ChiComs.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because this is a well organized Marxist operation, directed by the ChiComs.
    Winner!

The ChiComs are the leading threat to our republic and thus public enemy #1 in my book.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Because the democrat party is run by the most vile, perverse, disgusting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Winner!

The ChiComs are the leading threat to our republic and thus public enemy #1 in my book.
    I don't see many Chinese names in the propaganda complex that has brought us to this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Winner!

This is nothing new.

The Soviets funded Marxist revolutionary groups here and around the globe decades ago...SDS, Red Brigades, Baader Mienhoff Gang, IRA, Symbionese Liberation Army...the list is endless.

The problem is the ChiComs are much better at being Marxists and Commies than the Russians ever were.

Because according to the Democratic Party, rioting is ok when its done in response to injustices.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    I don't see many Chinese names in the propaganda complex that has brought us to this state.
    Isn't it great how the problem can be disguised as simple a Democrat policy difference?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Remember White people are a problem according to white liberals.

I don't either.

So, the Rothschilds and their ilk put Mao in power, but they can't be doing the same here? Why? Not foreign enough to be the bad guys? If the enemy doesn't outnumber us, we have to admit we got suckered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Remember White people are a problem according to white liberals.
    Self loathing white Marxists are...they are a powerful enemy and should never be given quarter or consideration

Because both are a political hoax?

"I was reading the New Yorker the other day — as one does when stuck at home"

Does "one"?

FEAR

Virus: Stay inside and be afraid because if you resist you are BAD.
    Riots: Stay outside and be brave because if you do you are GOOD.

Encourage behavior they want and use negative reinforcement on behavior they dont want. They do NOT want people resisting control, only WHITE people.

They are trying to start CIVIL WAR, or at least Martial Law.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 06-02-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Because according to the Democratic Party, rioting is ok when its done in response to injustices.
    Churches are closed by the Democrats. Riots are OK.

Democrats are Pro Riot, Anti Church.

Democrats are a Freak Show. Republicans are Normal.

2020 elections.

Nixon 1972 - Silent Majority - Landslide.
    Reagan 1984 - Morning In America - Landslide.

Pauline Kael - "I can't believe Nixon won. I don't know anyone who voted for him." Wrote for the New Yorker.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Churches are closed by the Democrats. Riots are OK.

Democrats are Pro Riot, Anti Church.

Democrats are a Freak Show. Republicans are Normal.

2020 elections.

Nixon 1972 - Silent Majority - Landslide.
    Reagan 1984 - Morning In America - Landslide.

Pauline Kael - "I can't believe Nixon won. I don't know anyone who voted for him." Wrote for the New Yorker.
    People are also shamed not only for voting for Trump but being Republican.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    FEAR

Virus: Stay inside and be afraid because if you resist you are BAD.
    Riots: Stay outside and be brave because if you do you are GOOD.

Encourage behavior they want and use negative reinforcement on behavior they dont want. They do NOT want people resisting control, only WHITE people.

They are trying to start CIVIL WAR, or at least Martial Law.
    Just like Tim Pool said on his channel.His videos are being blacklisted

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't either.

So, the Rothschilds and their ilk put Mao in power, but they can't be doing the same here? Why? Not foreign enough to be the bad guys? If the enemy doesn't outnumber us, we have to admit we got suckered?
    no more rep. Someone straighten this out please.

no more rep. Someone straighten this out please.
    Just give some Rep to other people first.

---
    @AngryCanadian - I rather like Tim Pool.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Just give some Rep to other people first.

---
    @AngryCanadian - I rather like Tim Pool.
    But...why?
    Last edited by bv3; 06-02-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is nothing new.

The Soviets funded Marxist revolutionary groups here and around the globe decades ago...SDS, Red Brigades, Baader Mienhoff Gang, IRA, Symbionese Liberation Army...the list is endless.

The problem is the ChiComs are much better at being Marxists and Commies than the Russians ever were
    As I currently understand it, the Chicoms are International Communists and have been playing international politics/trade for centuries. They have an advantage. The Russian commies were better at national politics and learning the ways of international affairs/politicking as they went along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

But...why?
    He actually seemed to think about what he said. I didnt agree with everything he said, but he said what he said in a respectful way of other peoples opinions for the most part. That is probably why he is getting blacklisted. You know, same thing as Martin Luther King Jr said "stand together with people of different color" and he got gunned down. Banning, Shadow Banning, and Blacklisting are the modern day equivalent of assassination when someone expresses statements that empower peace. The only reason that they must hate peace that much tho is peace is what destroys the Elite. If we have peace, then the people may very well realize WE DO NOT NEED THE ELITE.
    1776 > 1984