Thread: Trump to Police: 'Don't Be Too Nice'

Post Trump to Police: 'Don't Be Too Nice'

Flashback Mondays.

Trump to Police: 'Don't Be Too Nice'

The president in remarks to a law enforcement audience singled out the police practice of protecting the head of someone who's been handcuffed when they're placed in a squad car.

By Alan Neuhauser, Staff Writer July 28, 2017

President Donald Trump spoke Friday at Suffolk Community College in New York. Spencer Platt/Getty Images

President Donald Trump on Thursday told a law enforcement crowd in New York he was OK with police officers being a little less gentle in their handling of the people they take into custody.

"When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, 'Please don't be too nice,'" Trump told officers during a speech on Long Island. "Like, when you guys put somebody in the car, and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over – like, don't hit their head, and they've just killed somebody, don't hit their head – I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'"

The remarks received applause, including from rows of white-gloved officers standing behind the president as he spoke.

Trump, earlier in his speech, also praised federal immigration officers he also characterized as "rough guys."

"The laws are so horrendously stacked against us, because for years and years, they have been made to protect the criminal," Trump added. "Not the opposite. You do something wrong, you are in more jeopardy than they are. These laws are stacked against you."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...nt-be-too-nice

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

SMGDH
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Flashback Mondays.

Trump to Police: 'Don't Be Too Nice'

The president in remarks to a law enforcement audience singled out the police practice of protecting the head of someone who's been handcuffed when they're placed in a squad car.

By Alan Neuhauser, Staff Writer July 28, 2017

President Donald Trump spoke Friday at Suffolk Community College in New York. Spencer Platt/Getty Images

President Donald Trump on Thursday told a law enforcement crowd in New York he was OK with police officers being a little less gentle in their handling of the people they take into custody.

"When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, 'Please don't be too nice,'" Trump told officers during a speech on Long Island. "Like, when you guys put somebody in the car, and you're protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over – like, don't hit their head, and they've just killed somebody, don't hit their head – I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'"

The remarks received applause, including from rows of white-gloved officers standing behind the president as he spoke.

Trump, earlier in his speech, also praised federal immigration officers he also characterized as "rough guys."

"The laws are so horrendously stacked against us, because for years and years, they have been made to protect the criminal," Trump added. "Not the opposite. You do something wrong, you are in more jeopardy than they are. These laws are stacked against you."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...nt-be-too-nice
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea he said that. I am now firmly in the not voting camp this November or 3rd party. Let the country burn. I will not support the police state or a police state candidate.

As I said here before he is not even running the country anyway, Jared is. I supported Trump for the policies he ran on in 2015-2016. Not the Jared Kushner platform.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-02-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea he said that. I am now firmly in the not voting camp this November or 3rd party. Let the country burn. I will not support the police state or a police state candidate.

As I said here before he is not even running the country anyway, Jared is. I supported Trump for the policies he ran on in 2015-2016. Not the Jared Kushner platform.
    3rd party candidates at this point are getting almost no coverage in media but media owners could shift approach if they lost confidence in both globalist leaders funded politicians.
    Jared could play a much bigger role in future especially if Ivanka Trump 2024/2028 gained steam and GOP base insisted on continuing Trump legacy.
    That said, have to say that currently final decider has got to be POTUS even if one concedes that the first jewish First Son-in-law could be playing a key role in various domestic/foreign policies after exit of Steve Bannon that may have led to this claim from a foxnews host.

Mark Levin calls Trump 'first Jewish president'
    Dec 12, 2019

Thsi was another big play showing GOPA wing's alpha leadership:

Trump’s call with governors: ‘Dominate .. or you’ll look like a bunch of jerks’

Mon June 1, 2020
    (CNN)President Donald Trump, agitated and distressed after three nights of violent protests in dozens of cities across the country, including outside of his home, told the nation's governors in a video teleconference Monday to aggressively target violent protesters he said would only respond to a show of force.

"You have to dominate or you'll look like a bunch of jerks, you have to arrest and try people," the President told the governors in a call from the basement White House Situation Room, according to an audio recording of the call obtained by CNN.

"You don't have to be too careful," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/polit...ice/index.html

Bump.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Aaaaand…. another bump.

This reminds me when he promoted "Stop & Frisk". And, "take the guns, due process later". And "Operation Warp Speed" on the tax payers dime.

This is the guy everybody tells me is going to "save liberty" his next term in office, if I would only vote for him.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Aaaaand…. another bump.

This reminds me when he promoted "Stop & Frisk". And, "take the guns, due process later". And "Operation Warp Speed" on the tax payers dime.

This is the guy everybody tells me is going to "save liberty" his next term in office, if I would only vote for him.

Only if you vote really, REALLY hard.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Aaaaand…. another bump.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

He only pretended to take way your liberty this term so that he can save it next term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

He only pretended to take way your liberty this term so that he can save it next term.

Trust the plan.
    Chris