Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump deploying military

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Anyone who wants to defend freedom can and should do it locally, county if needed. I am not interested in Growing the Fed, as you and your president are working feverishly to do.

Put it this way: if Trump $pent like the dickens and rolled out the same policies that he is doing now, with the badge of D displayed on his lapel, would you be for, or against him?
    The secret is that SS is a D. The CFR's lackeys are actually communists who portray being anti-communist while pushing for policies that are required under communist societies.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The secret is that SS is a D. The CFR's lackeys are actually communists who portray being anti-communist while pushing for policies that are required under communist societies.
    I actually thought that, since he is a disciple of the prez. But like the prez, does party even matter at that level in government? Perhaps he is a lobbyist of the corporatist sort, since he stays clear of threads containing "follow the money".

Me wonders ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Projection.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I actually thought that, since he is a disciple of the prez. But like the prez, does party even matter at that level in government? Perhaps he is a lobbyist of the corporatist sort, since he stays clear of threads containing "follow the money".

Me wonders ;-)
    I wonder if you are AntiFa.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I wonder if you are AntiFa.
    LOL yeah, an Antifa Agorist

Anyone who wants to defend freedom can and should do it locally, county if needed. I am not interested in Growing the Fed, as you and your president are working feverishly to do.

Put it this way: if Trump $pent like the dickens and rolled out the same policies that he is doing now, with the badge of D displayed on his lapel, would you be for, or against him?
    It is not growing the federal government to use the military in a manner envisioned by the Founding Fathers to protect against a nationwide insurrection intended to impose communism.

The Insurrection Act was passed in 1807 for just such an emergency where the local government couldn't or wouldn't deal with the problem.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is not sending in the military yet.

But if the governors allow this to get farther out of hand and do not defend the rights of their citizens then it will become an insurrection and Trump should invoke the Insurrection Act.
    Here's another idea. Trump can declare that he will pardon anyone who is prosecuted by the state for legitimately defending their lives or property from looters, vandals, arsonists, criminals, etc.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It is not growing the federal government to use the military in a manner envisioned by the Founding Fathers to protect against a nationwide insurrection intended to impose communism.

The Insurrection Act was passed in 1807 for just such an emergency where the local government couldn't or wouldn't deal with the problem.
    The founding fathers, Anti-Federalists, were not heeded, so no.

I don't need or want any "help me save me" from fed.gov or the president. They mucked everything up so far to the point there is no turning back. See the first sentence of this post, again.

Me wonders ;-)
    It's pretty obvious after a while that he uses most of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals right here on RPF. Pushes for leftist policies of big government, central authority, never comments on anything that is already in place as planks of the Communist Manifesto. Nothing to say about taxation, spending, central bank, etc. Why? Because, as a communist himself, he's a-ok with all of that. The only remaining pieces are the usual genocide that takes place and he's clearly pushing for that, the secreting of Congress (never has a bad word to say about Congressional actions unless they're Donald-centric) in the path of becoming a central politboro, and the abolition of republican government ideals in favor of authoritarian rule. Collectivizes, projects, ad hominem, etc. All straight out of Alinsky's Rules. It's really quite obvious after a while.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-01-2020 at 09:41 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Reality is that MN National Guard saves Minneapolis.

So I have no problem using state’s Guard to protect citizen’s & business

I do have a problem with anyone making excuses for destruction & theft

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Reality is that MN National Guard saves Minneapolis.

So I have no problem using state’s Guard to protect citizen’s & business

I do have a problem with anyone making excuses for destruction & theft
    Are we still talking about looters or the government? Is there any difference these days? I'm sorry but I don't get too spun up about some Nikes being jacked while Congress doles out $2T to cronies. They want us to focus on some stolen Nikes instead of the ongoing looting of the Treasury trust fund.

I hear what you saying about treasury.. that’s undeniable, but weeks old

Tonight American cities are under siege

Looting, fires & destruction way out of control

We are@ war imo

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Here's another idea. Trump can declare that he will pardon anyone who is prosecuted by the state for legitimately defending their lives or property from looters, vandals, arsonists, criminals, etc.
    Wouldn't these typically qualify as state crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Wouldn't these typically qualify as state crimes?
    You are correct. Wouldn't work. Shame. Would be free and easy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Deployed military in DC. Threatening Governors that he'll unconstitutionally send US military to states.

So my good Libertarian friends, anyone still support this $#@!?
    I believe in DC it is allowed by the constitution.

In the 50 states if he invokes the insurrection act he can deploy the military.

This is getting close to insurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Libertarian is lower case. First lesson.

Secondly libertarians support protecting individual rights. Using the military would be a blunt weapon to preserve liberty but there is nothing unlibertarian about using troops to stop looting.

EM.

In the politicaly correct world we live in, loot is almost universally frowned upon... even when it's for a 'good cause'.

TAKE THE OIL

This is also becoming a global story:

China blasts Trump over his response to US unrest

It's pretty obvious after a while that he uses most of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals right here on RPF. Pushes for leftist policies of big government, central authority, never comments on anything that is already in place as planks of the Communist Manifesto. Nothing to say about taxation, spending, central bank, etc. Why? Because, as a communist himself, he's a-ok with all of that. The only remaining pieces are the usual genocide that takes place and he's clearly pushing for that, the secreting of Congress (never has a bad word to say about Congressional actions unless they're Donald-centric) in the path of becoming a central politboro, and the abolition of republican government ideals in favor of authoritarian rule. Collectivizes, projects, ad hominem, etc. All straight out of Alinsky's Rules. It's really quite obvious after a while.
    It's been obvious ever since he got here.
    "The Patriarch"

I hear what you saying about treasury.. that’s undeniable, but weeks old

Tonight American cities are under siege

Looting, fires & destruction way out of control

We are@ war imo
    It's only out of control because it's allowed to be out of control. Police are ordered to stand down and let it happen. (there are no good cops)
    "The Patriarch"

The founding fathers, Anti-Federalists, were not heeded, so no.

I don't need or want any "help me save me" from fed.gov or the president. They mucked everything up so far to the point there is no turning back. See the first sentence of this post, again.

There are videos all over this board showing free individuals taking up the challenge and providing a near perfect solution to the problems of looting and mayhem. In spite of that we have our old pal SS once again calling for a centralized, authoritarian response from Trump and the feds. He claims to want to reduce the power and intrusiveness of the fedgov, yet never seems to miss a chance to demand that they flex some muscle. Tends to render those claims of a desire for reduction of fed power a bit insincere.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

There are plenty of good cops. But you are right about stand down directives.

Pure insanity

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does Trump know something we don't know?

I don't see a need to use regular military until antifa and blm starts using AK-47's and C4 to implement their agenda.

The national guard, along with local LEO's should be able to handle Molotov cocktails, brick throwing, vandalism, and looting.

Perhaps Trump received intelligence that suggests that more lethal methods are being deployed in the near future.

Deployed military in DC. Threatening Governors that he'll unconstitutionally send US military to states.

SHUT UP, this is constitutional. The president has the executive power to enact the laws of the land if they break down and fall back on him to do so to defend the nation against foreign and domestic. IF THIS WAS LOCAL ONLY it would be deemed more so as unconstitutional, since this is a nationwide coup, he has the authority as a president to do this. The military is now a no brainer, we need the military to stomp down this insurrection before it becomes a full blown war between civilians .

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Does Trump know something we don't know?

I don't see a need to use regular military until antifa and blm starts using AK-47's and C4 to implement their agenda.

The national guard, along with local LEO's should be able to handle Molotov cocktails, brick throwing, vandalism, and looting.

Perhaps Trump received intelligence that suggests that more lethal methods are being deployed in the near future.
    Yes, Donald Trump knows more. We have chinese communist soldiers in our backyard , operatives that will train insurgencies. Why do you think he is mobilizing federal equipment? HE KNOWS, hes been playing a charade, you are all so naive to the art of war.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/u...ina-spies.html

YOU BETTER BELIEVE THERE ARE CHINESE SOLDIERS OPERATING AS TRAINERS HERE IN AMERICA. THEY HAVE SPIES ALREADY HERE. IF ANYTHING WOULD TEACH YOU FROM KOREAN WAR HISTORY IS THAT THEIR GREATEST STRATEGY WAS ALWAYS THAT OF AMBUSH AND BEING SOMEWHERE NO ONE EVER SUSPECTED THEY WERE. THEY ARE HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I have heard it said that the President can't issue pardons for state offenses, only for federal offenses.

I do not know if that is true or false or if it is the precedent but unconstitutional.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Do you really want this times 10?

https://twitter.com/chriso2_/status/...377524741?s=21

There are plenty of good cops. But you are right about stand down directives.

Pure insanity
    There are but no cops should bow nor knee. That is pure crazy.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I would call forth the citizen militia which is arm private citizens to protect their businesses. Just like as written in the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post

If it comes down to it possibly, I'm not sure yet. I trust the US military more than these "protesters" or the police.

I don't know if this meets the definition of insurrection yet. If the governors instruct the police to stand down and allow damage to private property, Trump is probably within his authority to invoke the insurrection act and deploy the military on US soil. There is precedent for it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast