Thread: Activism Idea: Funding armed citizens to protect and prevent looting and destruction?

Exclamation Activism Idea: Funding armed citizens to protect and prevent looting and destruction?

We managed to fund a few thousand bucks for people to attend the 2nd Amendment rally in VA.

Nothing like what we could do back in the day, but still.

So why not set up a funding system for armed citizens to support them in protecting private lives and property?

'It’s just sickening': Owners of family bakery arm themselves with guns and scare off rioters

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rce=whatfinger

by Emma Colton | June 01, 2020 09:24 AM

Bakery owners in Ohio armed themselves with guns and defended their shop as protests in Cleveland became violent over the weekend.

Rioters attempting to break into family-owned Corbo’s Bakery on Saturday using bats and other weapons backed down when they saw co-owner Joe Corbo and his two sons standing inside, armed with guns.

“We don’t want any trouble. We don’t want you guys in here damaging our property. We’re just protecting our business, and truthfully, I would say maybe 80% of them understood. They left us alone and kept walking, and then, there was that 20% that just were accusing us of some things and crazy things that just weren’t true. We weren’t there to hurt anybody or cause a problem. We were just protecting our business,” co-owner Selena Corbo told a local Fox affiliate.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe armed citizens would do it for free, it's the legal bills they would need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I believe armed citizens would do it for free, it's the legal bills they would need help with.
    Legla bills, bail, ammo, food transport...

Anybody?

Ah, ok, now I see the activism.

+ REP

As I stated in the other thread, lockdowns, curfews, the riots across the country, isn't the real threat. Yes, the riots are important and I believe this is a great activism effort for reasons you correctly outlined. But IMO, the very real and permanent threat is happening here in this country and globally, and most folks are simply shrugging it off, or do not understand the ramifications on a scale never seen before.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    We managed to fund a few thousand bucks for people to attend the 2nd Amendment rally in VA.

Nothing like what we could do back in the day, but still.

So why not set up a funding system for armed citizens to support them in protecting private lives and property?

'It’s just sickening': Owners of family bakery arm themselves with guns and scare off rioters

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rce=whatfinger

by Emma Colton | June 01, 2020 09:24 AM

Bakery owners in Ohio armed themselves with guns and defended their shop as protests in Cleveland became violent over the weekend.

Rioters attempting to break into family-owned Corbo’s Bakery on Saturday using bats and other weapons backed down when they saw co-owner Joe Corbo and his two sons standing inside, armed with guns.

“We don’t want any trouble. We don’t want you guys in here damaging our property. We’re just protecting our business, and truthfully, I would say maybe 80% of them understood. They left us alone and kept walking, and then, there was that 20% that just were accusing us of some things and crazy things that just weren’t true. We weren’t there to hurt anybody or cause a problem. We were just protecting our business,” co-owner Selena Corbo told a local Fox affiliate.
    Seems worthwile

Problem may be that you can't cross state lines to do it.

Pretty good idea to me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.