Thread: Lawmaker says 'looters deserve to be shot' by property owners, sparking fury online

Lawmaker says 'looters deserve to be shot' by property owners, sparking fury online

Democracy in action.

When the will of the majority is to loot and burn a business, there is nothing a business owner can legally do to stop them.

Lawmaker says 'looters deserve to be shot' by property owners, sparking fury online

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree with him. I would have no remorse killing a looter at my business. This $#@! needs to stop.

When decent law abiding people stand by and let this happen we enable the looters.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I agree with him. I would have no remorse killing a looter at my business. This $#@! needs to stop.

When decent law abiding people stand by and let this happen we enable the looters.
    I'm pretty sure, the looting and burning would stop if those doing it knew they ran the risk of being shot.

Looters need to be shot dead.

Aren't they rioting in cities that have strict gun laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Aren't they rioting in cities that have strict gun laws?
    Well, from what I understand, Detroit is in Michigan and they have the 'Castle Doctrine' there. Are stores being looted and burned in Detroit?

From the article

“Anyone who commits a crime should prosecuted and punished appropriately,” she said. “But an elected official who advocates for extrajudicial murder is just as lawless as those he condemns and is unfit to hold public office.”
    But any who loot should be given a pass and owners shouldn't be able to protect themselves as given a right by the the American constitution?
    why is that being so angered by the usual idiotic left?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Looters need to be shot dead.
    If looters cant be shot by owners that should have gun why arent the police arresting the looters then? because the mayors and polticans told them not to intervene?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    If looters cant be shot by owners that should have gun why arent the police arresting the looters then? because the mayors and polticans told them not to intervene?
    Could it be that they believe 'the will of the majority' overrides the rights of the property owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Could it be that they believe 'the will of the majority' overrides the rights of the property owners?
    The exercise of the trump admin was to lead republicans to the same thought process, so if a Fed.gov can do it for the "betterment of all" [sacrifice liberty and property for security], why not?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

So small business owners who have already been pushed to the brink of destruction, or even over that brink, are seriously supposed to allow what little remains of their assets to go up in smoke? I don't care about Targets, Apples, Nikes, Starbucks, et al. That may not be popular here, but I really don't care. Watching a Target be cleaned out by looters moves my emotional needle not at all. Small businesses, already decimated by the deliberate scuttling of what remained of the economy? Well, to my eyes: their protecting what remains of their businesses is akin to them protecting their very lives. By whatever means necessary.

If state law allows a property owner to defend his property with deadly force, the lawmaker was not advocating extra-judicial murder.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If state law allows a property owner to defend his property with deadly force, the lawmaker was not advocating extra-judicial murder.
    That's racist.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    That's racist.
    Isn't everything anymore?