Thread: The Problem of the Modern World

The Problem of the Modern World

...is that no one knows how to either rule or be ruled.

The people are always the same everywhere and always, but the ruling class has royally $#@!ed things up and should be massively ashamed of themselves. When a Roman general, in the high period of that civilization, failed, he would fall on his sword. I see so very many bellies aching for the sword that I don't even know what to say. What happened to the natural aristocracy? Did they all get too drunk and sterilize themselves? Is Ronald Earnest Paul of Texas the only one left? And he refuses to rule anyway! Where is the next generation?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keith Jarret was shunned, but it was from within that he became one of the gifted legends.
    Shirley Muldowney never allowed a sever crash & burn to deny her 3 time world champ.
    Aron Ralston continued to climb after cutting his own arm off.
    Giordano Brunno was burned at the stake over free thought and speech.

History is rife with greatness, but it is still the 1%. The rest are simply posers, "know-it-all's" and followers, where mob rule unfortunately sets precedents, and just because one may have money/power does not mean they are any better.

Ron Paul is perhaps the only one left, it will be a long, long time before another carries his torch. Beside me, of course ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The great tragedy of the modern world is that most still believe that some OUGHT to rule and the rest be ruled. But we're working on that.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The great tragedy of the modern world is that most still believe that some OUGHT to rule and the rest be ruled. But we're working on that.
    I'd disagree, my friend, the problem is that no one in a position of power has any idea what's going on.

And, to my point, the natural leaders have utterly abdicated their responsibilities.

Thus my complaint.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-30-2020 at 07:35 PM.

I think starting sometime around Johnson, our leaders just stopped caring.

That’s not to say I support our leaders before that, or they all of them cared before Johnson, but I think most of our leaders before Johnson thought of the US as a country with its own cultures and generally wanted to see its people’s succeed on their own terms. Since then, I think our leaders have viewed the US as nothing more than a place where people make money and as a proposition nation. The leaders that care just want to see the stock market go up or pursue egalitarian principles, and don’t really understand why people want anything else. The leaders who don’t care probably outnumber them and just do what they think will get them elected, which usually means listening to people in media/academic/pop culture/government employee bubbles.