Thread: Better to Stay – or Go?

Exclamation Better to Stay – or Go?

Better to Stay – or Go?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...to-stay-or-go/

By eric - May 27, 2020

Almost twenty years ago, I did what many people have done and moved from a high-tax/high-tyranny area (Northern Virginia) to a low-tax/lower-tyranny area (rural SW Virginia).

The new place was still in the same state but in many meaningful ways, it was an entirely different place. One could, for example, obtain a concealed-carry permit just by filling out a form – a minor tyranny compared with the major tyranny of being effectively denied the right to carry up north because in Northern Virginia, one had to jump through so many constantly moving hoops it was almost impossible to “qualify” for the permission slip.

The people were less busybodyish, too. You leave me alone, I leave you alone – an ancient Southern thing – still applied, more or less. Or at least, a lot more than it did 240 miles up the road in Northern Virginia, where everything you did was somehow some busybody’s business.

Government was unavoidable up there. Here, it was generally avoidable. One could fill one’s lungs and breath in a way that was denied the people up north.

Now the south is a lot like the north and the question arises: Where to next?

Is it worth moving somewhere else? Is there anywhere left within the United States that is still free enough relative to wherever we are now to justify the ordeal of selling one’s home, saying goodbye to one’s friends and all the familiar places in order to try again, somewhere else?

Liberty minded people have become as the native peoples of this country once were. A kind of pariah class, constantly on the move – perpetually ceding ground – hoping that, perhaps, in the new place they’ll be left in peace at last.

A peace that never comes. Because they keep coming. They are unrelenting in their demands, the chief one being that everyone live the same way even if the way some people are living causes no harm to anyone. It’s the difference itself that cannot be allowed because it implies another way, perhaps better. Which is an implicit criticism – as well as a beckoning alternative. A choice – and above all, that cannot be allowed.

This pathological urge to force-fit everyone into the same template, no matter how much blood (and tears) squeezes out in the process manifests in the declaring of the Amish to be living in “violation” of various codes because they have privvies rather than sewers; it eructs and emulsifies most currently in the hysterical demands – always enforceable – that everyone Fear Mask, even if they themselves aren’t fearful (there being no reason for them to be fearful) and dislike the idea of being made to live in fear.

Soon, the force-fitters will be force-vaccinating, using a toolkit that amounts to the digital age equivalent of an Inquisitor’s array of torture devices. First, humiliate the victim; shame him. Incessantly browbeat him. Yell, call him names. If he does not bend, then the rack – only today it will be an electronic one that denies him food and the money to buy it with. A system that locks him out of life – as the punishment for not submitting.

So – where to go?

As recently as 50or so years ago, America – any part of it – was the place to go. People came here from all over the world, to get away from what America has become. California, in those days, was among the freest places on earth. So also New York City. Either was the place to go if you wanted to be free to do your thing – as an individual, as a businessman.

As a human being.

For all the unctuous prattle about “diversity” America is now the least actually diverse place on earth. There are people of many ethnic/racial backgrounds and sexual habits but beyond these superficial things, everyone is fundamentally the same. Or pressured to be the same. To pay obeisance to the same pieties; to mouth the same slogans – even if they secretly despise them.

It is dangerous to be meaningfully different in America.

So where does one go to be meaningfully different? To be free to live one’s life free of “guidelines” imposed by those who believe they own everyone else’s life?

To just be let alone, for once.

These are questions urgently in need of answers as America morphs almost before our eyes into a loathsome, slouching thing consuming life even as it feigns being the protector of it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Government spy apparatus to learn peoples habits and how to "reach" them, FedDeptEd/Common Core to dumb-down/brainwash kids, newz media which is the 4th branch of government... you will never hear on TV "follow the money" and the corporate interests/lobbyists involved and their agenda.

So, where to go. Millions/billions of tax dollars to bail out companies and pick winners/losers, or prop them up such as the case with Moderna, philanthropists such as Gates to fulfill an agenda, there really is no where to go, except for a little temporary sanity. But even then, you are restricted by how much of your own money you can take with you lest literally be molested by the government.

Power corrupts absolutely. Until the people find a way out of their tremendous stupor and stop regurgitating "politics doesn't interest me", and "the news would never lie to us", the options are limited in where we go, how much we can bring, and what we do. TPTB will not let that happen, so it is up to us, if we value what's left of our freedom to fight until our last breath.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

South Dakota came fairly close to eliminating mandatory vaccines.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Get out of the blue states as fast as you can.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

""If I go, there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double""
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Get out of the blue states as fast as you can.
    I did that a little over 20 years ago. Then the red state became a blue state. I've been asking myself the same "should I stay or should I go?" question as Eric and one of the comments on his article makes the most sense for me and my current situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The answer to your question is to stay put. The solution to the problem is to not advertise.

In this example, let’s discuss smoking. Smoking was a widely accepted practice performed by lots of people in lots of places. It is now not. smoking is something everyone around the smoker has to endure. When humanity discovered that some people get sick from it, smoking became stigmatized. Not every smoker gets sick, and a person is still free to smoke. Just not all over the place.

Same might apply with this mask thing. Smokers had to make concessions to enjoy their freedom to smoke. Winston’s taste good like a cigarette should, just not at the Kroger, bank, doctor, office, airplane, bar(somehow),gym, church.

This won’t change, though people still smoke em if they got em. To put it another way, there’s always a smoker friendly spot. Just ask a fellow smoker where it is. Get it? Also, Bitcoin. You can buy a murder on the internet these days. I ordered LSD last week.
    So as the old song goes, "In Dixie’s Land I’ll take my stand..."
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Where to go... off the grid if you can.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows