Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores set ABLAZE in Minneapolis as police struggle to contain anti-brutality protests

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah, because it's clearly the people living outside of the city who voted in the city council responsible for fixing what ails the MPD.

Is there no one in all the land who can identify the right target?
    Minneapolis has been like this for over a hundred years.

Add a recent migrant invasion and, well, in the famous words of Red Green "There's yer problem lady".

Corruption, bigotry, social movements, urban renewal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis

Known initially as a kindly physician, Doc Ames led the city into corruption during four terms as mayor just before 1900.[35] The gangster Kid Cann was famous for bribery and intimidation during the 1930s and 1940s.[36] The city made dramatic changes to rectify discrimination as early as 1886 when Martha Ripley founded Maternity Hospital for both married and unmarried mothers.[37]

Different forms of bigotry played roles during the first half of the 20th century. In 1910, a Minneapolis developer started writing restrictive covenants based on race and ethnicity into his deeds. Copied by other developers, the practice prevented minorities from owning or leasing such properties. Though such language was prohibited by state law in 1953 and by the federal Fair Housing Act of 1968, restrictive covenants against minorities remained in many Minneapolis deeds as recently as 2017.[38] The Ku Klux Klan succeeded by entering family life, but effectively was a force in the city only from 1921 until 1923.[39] After Minnesota passed a eugenics law in 1925, the proprietors of Eitel Hospital sterilized about one thousand people at the Faribault State Hospital.[40]

From the end of World War I until 1950, Minneapolis was a "particularly virulent" site of anti-semitism. A hate group known as the Silver Legion of America recruited members in the city and held meetings around 1936 to 1938.[41] Answering bigotry against Jewish doctors, Mount Sinai Hospital opened in 1948 as the first hospital in the community to accept members of minority races and religions on its medical staff.[42][41]
    A dozen men in hats sitting on public benches facing an avenue of older stone buildings
    The Gateway District in 1939

When the country's fortunes turned during the Great Depression, the violent Teamsters Strike of 1934 resulted in laws acknowledging workers' rights.[43] A lifelong civil rights activist and union supporter, mayor Hubert Humphrey helped the city establish fair employment practices and a human relations council that interceded on behalf of minorities by 1946.[44] In the 1950s, about 1.6% of the population of Minneapolis was nonwhite.[45] Minneapolis contended with white supremacy, participated in desegregation and the civil rights movement, and in 1968 was the birthplace of the American Indian Movement.[46]

During the 1950s and 1960s, as part of urban renewal, the city razed about 200 buildings across 25 city blocks (roughly 40% of downtown), destroying the Gateway District and many buildings with notable architecture, including the Metropolitan Building. Efforts to save the building failed but are credited with sparking interest in historic preservation in the state.[47]

In 2020, a number of riots and protests broke out in the city following the death of George Floyd on May 25.[48]
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Did you have moles destroying property to turn protests into riots at that time?

Everything is more sophisticated nowadays.

Google COINTELPRO. I'm on my phone or I'd supply a link or 2.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Minneapolis better not get a bailout after this.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-29-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Protests are now spreading near the white house. Even after all the arrest and charge the protests seemed to aimed at Trump.

MIND ..... BLOWN

https://twitter.com/fernalfonso/status/1266512702958112768
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    MIND ..... BLOWN

https://twitter.com/fernalfonso/status/1266512702958112768
    A leftist claiming that those were most whites.
    Source

Team Biden on the issue.
    We’re not sure if they’re plants to instigate damage and violence. I’m always skeptical until we get a background on the participan
    Ah so those protesters could be plants to instigate damage and violence but rioters in Minneapolis city were simply just protesters right team biden?

These protests seem to be very organized.
    Very organized not surprising that team resist is enjoying these. While still believing that Trump is Russia's puppet what bunch of clowns.

The helicopters will be coming to take Trump to Air Force One where he'll fly off to his exile in Russia.

The protests had so far spread across so far the locations had being as listed.

Minnesota: Minneapolis and St. Paul
    Arizona: Phoenix
    Colorado: Denver
    Kentucky: Louisville
    Tennessee: Memphis
    Ohio: Columbus
    So far Detroit and Chicago have being quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Protests are now spreading near the white house. Even after all the arrest and charge the protests seemed to aimed at Trump.
    The democrats were having trouble convincing people to vote for Biden the way they did with Obama. They couldnt impeach him and couldnt even destroy the economy and now they need to burn down all of these work places so Trump wont be able to bring down unemployment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The democrats were having trouble convincing people to vote for Biden the way they did with Obama. They couldnt impeach him and couldnt even destroy the economy and now they need to burn down all of these work places so Trump wont be able to bring down unemployment
    They failed with the impeachment so i would believe that as well.
    The American unemployment could heal once this crisis of the virus is over with and things return to normality slowly. Its just one thing to me these protests seem tactical. Normal riots would just riot out of control.

A leftist claiming that those were most whites.
    Source
    Lol, Ok Karen.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They failed with the impeachment so i would believe that as well.
    The American unemployment could heal once this crisis of the virus is over with and things return to normality slowly. Its just one thing to me these protests seem tactical. Normal riots would just riot out of control.
    What about the people working for autozone or target? Are they going to build a new $#@!ing building there so it can be burned down? You opening up a business there?? Tactical? Like a controlled burn so something else can be built? Are they going to sell the real estate for pennies on the dollar??

What about the people working for autozone or target? Are they going to build a new $#@!ing building there so it can be burned down? You opening up a business there?? Tactical? Like a controlled burn so something else can be built? Are they going to sell the real estate for pennies on the dollar??
    Hey dont attack me for just making a point on reopening of America.

Hey dont attack me for just making a point on reopening of America.
    Im not attacking just wondering what ifs.. I was hoping you could tell me because you are angry.. Do we need to build a giant gladiator stadium and feed people to lions?

WH on lockdown.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-erupts-nearby

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I'd wager the percent of people out there protesting and rioting looking for liberty is about the same as the Wuhan virus death rate. Probably less.
    That’s an easy wager while sitting and typing about liberty vigorously on keyboards. People have had enough. Seems like a classic reason for a motherfuckin riot. They may not be aware of liberty, but it’s aware of them.

Edit: wanted to say that I believe that there is a plan happening that all this works into. I don’t think it’s completely organic.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 05-29-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Chicago mayor drops 'coded' f-bomb blasting Trump's controversial tweet on George Floyd protests.
    Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) on Friday torched President Trump's controversial tweet about protests after the death of George Floyd, sharing a "coded" message: "It starts with 'f' and ends with 'you.'"

Lightfoot made the comment at a press briefing Friday, during which she condemned the death of Floyd and the actions by police as seen in a video of his arrest.

"It's impossible for me as a black woman who has been the target of blatant racism over the course of my life not to take the killing of George Floyd personally. Watching that poor man beg for his life and for the ability to breathe and then watching the life leave him there in the streets I felt angry, I feel sickened and a range of other emotions all at once," Lightfoot said at a moving press briefing Friday.

"Being black in America shouldn't be a death sentence," she said

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will be the new (and improved) Trump Opportunity Zones.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ral-experiment

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    This will justify killer police drones in the future.
    Gawd ... although this one was unarmed.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/5...s-george-floyd

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is flying a Predator drone, military technology used for surveilling and killing terrorists abroad, over Minneapolis as protesters continue to demonstrate against police brutality, according to publicly available flight data. The drone flown over Minneapolis is an unarmed version of the aircraft.

The drone was first spotted on a flight tracking tool by members of the ADB-S Exchange, a community of flight watchers who use open-source flight data to monitor America's skies. Presumably, the drone is surveilling protests there, though CBP did not respond to a request for comment about what the drone is doing there.

CNN Headquarters overrun:

BLM and the flag of Mexico.

Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of $#@!s.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Im going to riot the fox news with an American flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I wonder What CNN is going to be saying in the morning? still blaming whites again?

The protests had so far spread across so far the locations had being as listed.

So far Detroit and Chicago have being quiet.
    You spoke too soon. Baboons out in Detroit.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Also this happened.
    A good peaceful protester telling antifa member that he needs to stop defacing statues. It seems most of the rioters were part of Antifa/BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Maybe they figure that Mayor Beetlejuice ain't fooling around in Chicago.

I mean, if she's willing to call out SWAT raids on churches...just imagine what she'll do to looters.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast