Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to end liability protections for "social media outlets" with Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You are wrong. Right now they can cause me damages and the law protects them from retaliation. I cant burn the twitter down if twitter burns down my life figuratively or literally. They have a defense from litigation if they cause me damages others are not awarded.
    You don't get what's going on but I don't think you want to, either. No point in arguing with you further. I'm sure this will end well and Trump is looking out for you. Have a nice day.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You don't get what's going on but I don't think you want to, either. No point in arguing with you further. I'm sure this will end well and Trump is looking out for you. Have a nice day.
    You dont want to argue the policy so orange man bad. Get rid of all of the FCC and legislative monopolies or let it be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    How have you not noticed that the general population doesn't pay detailed attention to anything like this?
    When it is the lock down, economy and job loss effecting them they pay attention. Don't be fooled by the wealthy and secure that have time to post or that are paid to post on social media.

It is as if the news media and politicians have no clue what is going on right now in this country. Combined with police abuse riots this can turn nationally bad quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wonder if this is going to effect RPF since I doubt the WH approves of this site.
    Obviously Trump is going after twitter and fedbook in order to get to RPF. He wouldn't be so dumb to tweet about the website he doesnt want everyone to know about it.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    From the link:

I see the logic here, and I am never in favor of providing "legal immunity" for anything by decree, but I would think Big Tech will take this. I think they all have $BILLIONS in cash reserves, so why not give up their Section 230 protection and just keep doing what they are doing?
    That's a neocon group. Easiest way to see what a org is really about is to research their executives and board members bios and look for the common links that show where their ideologies meet up. In that case, connections to neocon politicians and Catholic (Jesuit) educations are predominant.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Who gave the Narcissist-in-Chief the authority to rewrite legislation?

Cheeto Caesar can do anything. He's that good.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

From the link:

"Platforms have speech rights, too. Twitter, for example, is well within its rights to censor or otherwise restrict a user’s speech — even the President of the United States. But if Twitter wants to engage in that censorship, they should not be receiving a special subsidy from the federal government in the form of immunity from civil liability."
    What got Trump's panties all in a wad was Twitter's audacity to put a fact-check link on his tweets about mail-in ballots. This does not amount to censoring or restricting Trump's speech, meddling in the election, or any other paranoid fantasy the Narcissist-in-Chief dreams up.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

I'm wondering how exposure to lawsuits will make social media moderate less rather than more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

From the link:

I see the logic here, and I am never in favor of providing "legal immunity" for anything by decree, but I would think Big Tech will take this. I think they all have $BILLIONS in cash reserves, so why not give up their Section 230 protection and just keep doing what they are doing?
    Thats the worst logic ever they dont want to give up legal immunity that they helped legislate lol. Why lobby for things you dont want?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm wondering how exposure to lawsuits will make social media moderate less rather than more.
    If it ruins their reputation thata fine with me. Right now partisan social media and speech manipulation is considered a conspiracy theory. People trust the social media big companies just because they are not government even though they are often given legislative monopolies or funded in large by local and foreign governments.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's a neocon group. Easiest way to see what a org is really about is to research their executives and board members bios and look for the common links that show where their ideologies meet up. In that case, connections to neocon politicians and Catholic (Jesuit) educations are predominant.
    I already knew that. So what's your point? I was commenting on the actual "leaked" draft.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Thats the worst logic ever they dont want to give up legal immunity that they helped legislate lol. Why lobby for things you dont want?
    Your lecturing someone here on RPF about logic?? Most of your posts are not even coherent.

The logic most certainly does make sense if they want to continue being the puppet of the CIA and whoever else is controlling the narrative, because fighting lawsuits is just money, and that is easily printed....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your lecturing someone here on RPF about logic?? Most of your posts are not even coherent.

The logic most certainly does make sense if they want to continue being the puppet of the CIA and whoever else is controlling the narrative, because fighting lawsuits is just money, and that is easily printed....
    Reported.

Reported.
    For what? He didn't insult anyone. He just pointed out a rather obvious fact.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Quid pro quo. He said my statement was "the worst logic," and I honestly stated that sometimes I read some of his posts several times to try to figure out what he is saying, and often just give up and move on.

Don't dish it if you can't take it....

The butthurt is strong in that one.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quid pro quo. He said my statement was "the worst logic," and I honestly stated that sometimes I read some of his posts several times to try to figure out what he is saying, and often just give up and move on.

Don't dish it if you can't take it....
    -neg rep

-neg rep
    Behaving in a petty and vindictive manner is one thing. Publicly bragging about it is another matter entirely.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Behaving in a petty and vindictive manner is one thing. Publicly bragging about it is another matter entirely.
    I believe in freedoms. You can have your international corporations and corporations can be people but i draw the line when foreign governments force international companies to censor speech in order to propagate their international political agenda effectively censoring my speech and ideas. If such corporations want to give up legal protection and leave my $#@!ing country all together i would be more than happy. $#@! the globalists.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't even get a negative rep lol! Not sure what this person's motivation is here, but it is strange....

I didn't even get a negative rep lol! Not sure what this person's motivation is here, but it is strange....
    Lol kind of like Trump didnt issue an executive order to police internet speech on social media like ron paul forums if they criticized him. I guess we will find out if this thread is deleted tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Who gave the Narcissist-in-Chief the authority to rewrite legislation?
    He isn't, he's enforcing the law.
    You can't be a publisher and a platform.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh, well. He did.

What was that tale about the boy who cried, "Wolf!"?

Oh, well. He did.

What was that tale about the boy who cried, "Wolf!"?
    Well if he did, I didn't see it. I don't even remember how those work as I have not had one since Angela left...

Well if he did, I didn't see it. I don't even remember how those work as I have not had one since Angela left...
    No, he got a neg rep.

-neg rep
    -neg rep is a +rep if it works like math.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    -neg rep is a +rep if it works like math.
    I didnt mean it as a negative but a dash. I +repped them. Why do people got to interpret something wrongly just because they hate me?? Is it so they can justify the hatred because they like to hate and like how it feels? Is that really a logical way to think in order to get your hate fix?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump should use Gab or some other alternative. It would be the single biggest action that could be taken to introduce some competition to the current popular social media cabal.
    Some people are also recommending "Parler".

What is Parler?

The site was launched in 2018 by libertarian business owner John Matze as a so-called “free speech” alternative to Twitter, one that would allow smaller websites to capture and grow their own engagement without having to work within Twitter’s rules and revenue structures.
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/what-...ial-media-app/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-28-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

-neg rep
    I didnt mean it as a negative but a dash. I +repped them. Why do people got to interpret something wrongly just because they hate me?? Is it so they can justify the hatred because they like to hate and like how it feels? Is that really a logical way to think in order to get your hate fix?
    Gee, I'm sorry I so completely misinterpreted "neg". Must be short for something I wasn't expecting. Is that a National Energy Guarantee rep?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast