Thread: DOJ drops investigation on four Senators

DOJ drops investigation on four Senators

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

The Department of Justice has dropped its investigation into three US senators accused of insider trading after receiving closed-door briefings on the likely impact of the coronavirus.
    Charges will not be filed against Republican senators Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma, as well as Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein of California.
    All three sold stock not long before markets nosedived in March as the wider world realized the economic damage that would come from the virus.
    Loeffler, Inhofe, and Feinstein said they had no personal involvement in the sales, which were made by brokers without their direct input.
    GOP Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina remains under investigation.
    Burr dumped millions in hotel stocks as the pandemic began to spread from Asia, but says he made the decision after watching TV news reports.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Knew none of these senators would pay for their crimes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

More swamp draining.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    More swamp draining.
    Cap! Stick around!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Fineswine is NOT going to jail, and neither is Hillary

continue looting & pillaging as usual

D&R party tradition
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Some animals are more equal than others
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Cap! Stick around!
    Agree! @Cap is one of my favorite members.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    More swamp draining.

What WHAT?

How is this draining the swamp? Illuminate me, please.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    What WHAT?

How is this draining the swamp? Illuminate me, please.

Sarcasm detector on the fritz?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Nothing new under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Sarcasm detector on the fritz?

Big time, it would appear.

I buried a friend's cat this morning. I was very fond of Bill, so perhaps that explains the short-circuit.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Big time, it would appear.

I buried a friend's cat this morning. I was very fond of Bill, so perhaps that explains the short-circuit.

It happens. Sorry about Bill.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I thought libertarians were ok with insider trading?

What forum am I on?

Oh, I'm just in a thread full of anti-Trumpers, that's right.

Here's the real problem with these charges.. It is impossible to prove that they used their insider knowledge to sell the stocks when there was plenty of media for public consumption that would suggest they do the same.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Also I don't recall any Q posts on this topic, so it wasn't really on the radar of what is about to go down.

When I search Q posts for Feinstein, all I get is a bunch of stuff about her relationship with China.. Oh, and this.

[Picture Repost]A picture is worth a thousand words.See EVIL in the face of
    FEINSTEIN
    ?

See FEAR & EMOTION in the face of MURKOWSKI?

A phone was present.

Q
    Last edited by dannno; 05-27-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I thought libertarians were ok with insider trading?

What forum am I on?

Oh, I'm just in a thread full of anti-Trumpers, that's right.

Here's the real problem with these charges.. It is impossible to prove that they used their insider knowledge to sell the stocks when there was plenty of media for public consumption that would suggest they do the same.
    I'm against insider trading for politicians and for it for market actors.

But you are right that it would be VERY hard to prove the charges in these cases.
    But these people will be punished for far greater crimes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

The Department of Justice has dropped its investigation into three US senators accused of insider trading after receiving closed-door briefings on the likely impact of the coronavirus.
    Charges will not be filed against Republican senators Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma, as well as Democratic Senator Diane Feinstein of California.
    All three sold stock not long before markets nosedived in March as the wider world realized the economic damage that would come from the virus.
    Loeffler, Inhofe, and Feinstein said they had no personal involvement in the sales, which were made by brokers without their direct input.
    GOP Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina remains under investigation.
    Burr dumped millions in hotel stocks as the pandemic began to spread from Asia, but says he made the decision after watching TV news reports.
    They are still going after Burr:

The DOJ dropped investigations into insider trading by Sens. Kelly Loeffler, James Inhofe, and Dianne Feinstein, however, they will continue the investigation against head of the Senate Select Committee of Intelligence, Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It happens. Sorry about Bill.
    Thanks. He was a good boy.

OBTW, the cancer that killed him arose as the result of one of the vaccines he was given.

I've never understood the criminality for insider trading for private citizens, Why cant you take an investment tip from somebody you know? If a certain corporate leader is telling people what might be happening in the company, wouldn't that be the corporation's duty to sign NDA's?

Public officials should be held to a higher standard but you can't tell them to just sit there and do nothing while kissing their investment goodbye. In that case the only other options is to force public officials to liquidate their assets before taking office.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I've never understood the criminality for insider trading for private citizens, Why cant you take an investment tip from somebody you know? If a certain corporate leader is telling people what might be happening in the company, wouldn't that be the corporation's duty to sign NDA's?

Public officials should be held to a higher standard but you can't tell them to just sit there and do nothing while kissing their investment goodbye. In that case the only other options is to force public officials to liquidate their assets before taking office.
    I don't have a problem with that either, unless public/private companies are involved. I am sure most everybody here can see the conflict of interest with that. Legislation/bailouts... .gov picking and choosing winners/losers.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

In theory insider trading laws aimed at citizens destroy a valuable market signal.
    Politicians are not market actors though and should not be able to profit off their power or use it to facilitate corruption.
    They should all have to put their money into blind trusts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment