Thread: Trump Taking on Twitter - Claims they are interfering in 2020 elections

Trump Taking on Twitter - Claims they are interfering in 2020 elections

Donald Trump: ‘Twitter Is Now Interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election’

President Donald Trump on Tuesday accused Twitter of interfering in the 2020 presidential election after branding one of his tweets warning about election fraud “false.”

“Twitter is now interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election,” Trump wrote on Twitter after the company unveiled their new fact check feature on a tweet from earlier in the morning.

Twitter included a link to his tweet urging voters to “get the facts” about mail-in voting after President Trump predicted widespread voter fraud.

“They are saying my statement on Mail-In Ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect, based on fact-checking by Fake News CNN and the Amazon Washington Post,” Trump wrote.

The president hinted that Twitter would face consequences for their actions.

“Twitter is completely stifling FREE SPEECH, and I, as President, will not allow it to happen!” he wrote.

The president has frequently warned tech companies for censoring conservatives on social media and unfairly treating Republicans, but he has also tried to work with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

In April 2019, Trump met with Dorsey to discuss Twitter, thanking him for “keeping an open dialogue” about the platform.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But, I got banned from twitter for sharing how dangerous Trump's "Operation Warp Speed" is. Isn't that free speech?

Hmm....

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    But, I got banned from twitter for sharing how dangerous Trump's "Operation Warp Speed" is. Isn't that free speech?

Hmm....
    Vaccines Good.

Orange Man Bad.

In that priority.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Breitbart is showing how they don't censor democrats/liberals for false statements.

I think the issue here is that if they are discriminating against certain political ideologies or views on certain issues, that they have to disclose that, otherwise they are probably violating their own policies, which have to be signed when someone signs up.

So maybe breech of contract or something, but I don't see censorship for a private company. That is a slippery slope that I prefer he not slide down....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Vaccines Good.

Orange Man Bad.

In that priority.
    Twitter is a cease pool i am surprised it hasn't turned out like myspace yet. Post memes on twitter get banned or warning to remove it post drawings that might offend some? get banned from twitter.

Social media is just the new MSM especially twitter. Twitter and youtube arguably are the source of news for most more informed people and ever since 2016 they always promote stuff from CNN and MSNBC first. The government basically has been promoting twitter since Obamas term. They are huge largely in part because the government. I mean why wouldn't the government want people to use an app that makes people post everything they do online. They own all the data and can effectively affect public opinion just by removing someone from trending or allowing people to manipulate the trending algorithms

Apparently Trump doesn't know about NewsGuard. It's mutating and changing like a virus, but they are implementing it slowly but surely.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ntrol-the-news
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Breitbart is showing how they don't censor democrats/liberals for false statements.

I think the issue here is that if they are discriminating against certain political ideologies or views on certain issues, that they have to disclose that, otherwise they are probably violating their own policies, which have to be signed when someone signs up.

So maybe breech of contract or something, but I don't see censorship for a private company. That is a slippery slope that I prefer he not slide down....
    They all claimed they were a platform for the "public square." They also receive government funds.

Other references:
    http://sites.law.duq.edu/juris/2019/...public-square/

The anti-trust act is required here, they need to be broken up.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Twitter is a cease pool i am surprised it hasn't turned out like myspace yet. Post memes on twitter get banned or warning to remove it post drawings that might offend some? get banned from twitter.
    Been banging this drum for years...$#@!ter, FedBook, all of it...it is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They all claimed they were a platform for the "public square." They also receive government funds.

Other references:
    http://sites.law.duq.edu/juris/2019/...public-square/

The anti-trust act is required here, they need to be broken up.
    Any retail store or restaurant is also in the "public square" and yet I imagine most here would defend a business owner who didn't want to serve someone, like a wedding cake baker who does not want to bake cakes for gay marriages.

Pretty much everyone receives public funds these days, so I am not sure that means anything. These companies don't need government funds, that's for sure.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Any retail store or restaurant is also in the "public square" and yet I imagine most here would defend a business owner who didn't want to serve someone, like a wedding cake baker who does not want to bake cakes for gay marriages.

Pretty much everyone receives public funds these days, so I am not sure that means anything. These companies don't need government funds, that's for sure.

Twitter is just censoring the president and republicans on a platform that profited from and gained market dominance from tax dollars and legislative industry advantages democrats gave them. Quid quo pro. Nothing illegal or improper here.

If I own a private business that serves the public, I am not considered as a "Public Square" platform. I have a right, as a private business owner to put up my own rules. If you don't like it, then you do not have to patron my business.

A Public Square is a place designed to allow people to converse freely without usurping their first amendment right.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Twitter Fact-checker Claimed Trump Admin Are ‘ACTUAL NAZIS’; Mocked ‘Fly Over’ States

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...lyover-states/

Joel B. Pollak 26 May 2020

The Twitter official responsible for the platform’s fact-checking policy has tweeted that members of the Trump administration are “Nazis,” among other false and inflammatory statements on the platform.

Yoel Roth, whose official job title is “Head of Site Integrity,” explained the platform’s new policy in a May 11 blog post on “misleading information” on coronavirus.

“In serving the public conversation, our goal is to make it easy to find credible information on Twitter and to limit the spread of potentially harmful and misleading content,” he said.

Twitter appears to have applied that policy to a broader category of assertions, moving beyond COVID-19 to President Donald Trump’s claim on Tuesday that vote-by-mail would lead to more voter fraud — a prediction with which even some Democrats have agreed.

Subsequently, Twitter slapped a “get the facts” label on Trump’s tweets about voter fraud — and provided links to CNN and the Washington Post, two avowedly anti-Trump outlets that enthusiastically pushed the Russia collusion hoax.

….living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there, will get one. That will be followed up with professionals telling all of these people, many of whom have never even thought of voting before, how, and for whom, to vote. This will be a Rigged Election. No way!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2020

Critics on Twitter, ironically, pointed out that Roth’s own tweets include exactly the kind of misleading and abusive content that Twitter’s policy purports to limit.

"Every time a cute boy uses an Android phone, I die inside" is the new "Every time a cute boy tells me he's a Republican, I die inside."

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) December 3, 2011

I’m just saying, we fly over those states that voted for a racist tangerine for a reason.

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) November 9, 2016

“Today on Meet The Press, we’re speaking with Joseph Goebbels about the first 100 days…” —What I hear whenever Kellyanne is on a news show

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) January 22, 2017

How does a personality-free bag of farts like Mitch McConnell actually win elections?

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) July 28, 2017

Yes, that person in the pink hat is clearly a bigger threat to your brand of feminism than ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) January 22, 2017

Roth has also defended his use of the homophobic slur “***” on the Twitter platform:

Amazing: http://tr.im/psn8. My favorite quote: "What's 'non sequitur' mean? Do I look it up in a ***-to-English dictionary?"

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) June 23, 2009

@tone_def I disagree. Trans is a category worth being linguistically destabilized in the same way we did gay with “***.”

— Yoel Roth (@yoyoel) February 4, 2013

As Breitbart News’ Allum Bokhari reported, Tuesday’s intervention is believed to be the first time that the company has used a fact-checking label on one of Trump’s tweets. It is not clear why Twitter chose a tweet about voting by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If I own a private business that serves the public, I am not considered as a "Public Square" platform. I have a right, as a private business owner to put up my own rules. If you don't like it, then you do not have to patron my business.

A Public Square is a place designed to allow people to converse freely without usurping their first amendment right.
    From your link:

The precedent was set in Marsh v. Alabama, a 1946 supreme court ruling which found that a Jehovah’s Witness who attempted to distribute religious materials in a company town that was entirely owned by the Gulf Shipbuilding Co. could not be arrested on the grounds that she was trespassing on private property. The court concluded that since the company owned the entire town (including the sidewalks), it constituted a public square under private ownership and that the Jehovah’s Witness’ right to free speech in the public square took priority over the company’s right to remove trespassers.
    I don't think that is going to fly with Twitter or social media companies. Owning an entire town, where people have no choice but to pass through your property to conduct business, is not the same as the Internet, where everyone has a choice not to use these social media companies.

Now if it was an ISP doing this, that would be different, and the FTC would some have legal precedence.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Been banging this drum for years...$#@!ter, FedBook, all of it...it is cancer.
    Also post Anime Drawings of Anime Characters that look like white people or white characters wait for leftists and soy boys and soy girls to call it "White Washing" but apparently drawing sailor moon as a black character while stereotyping Japanese by race swamping them as Black is completely not racist it seems.

Be warned on twitter there have being a recent waves of attacks by some mostly leftist artists drawing and depicting cops as pigs or thugs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how ironic since Trump is 100% right.

Mail in ballots is WRONG.

You are supposed to go and vote in SECRET and with eyes everywhere when you put the vote into the box and everyone can see the counting being done!!

Fight for what's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    how ironic since Trump is 100% right.

Mail in ballots is WRONG.

You are supposed to go and vote in SECRET and with eyes everywhere when you put the vote into the box and everyone can see the counting being done!!

Fight for what's right!
    But mail-in ballots are already legal in all 50 states. They just want to expand it.

So what is the argument for allowing it only for a few, as opposed to everyone? Some states already allow it for everyone, like California.

I don't know, but I am suspecting that the issue here is not the mail-in ballot concept itself, but that they are going to make it automatic for everyone. Because the way it is now, it is more difficult to vote by mail-in ballot, as you have to think ahead and apply for it ahead of time.

So naturally those with higher educations and higher income status, who tend more GOP, tend to vote mail in. But now it will be automatically sent to everyone.

Isn't that the real issue? Because honestly, at the precinct level, it is easy to manipulate the vote with or without mail in ballots.

But mail-in ballots are already legal in all 50 states. They just want to expand it.

So what is the argument for allowing it only for a few, as opposed to everyone? Some states already allow it for everyone, like California.

I don't know, but I am suspecting that the issue here is not the mail-in ballot concept itself, but that they are going to make it automatic for everyone. Because the way it is now, it is more difficult to vote by mail-in ballot, as you have to think ahead and apply for it ahead of time.

So naturally those with higher educations and higher income status, who tend more GOP, tend to vote mail in. But now it will be automatically sent to everyone.

Isn't that the real issue? Because honestly, at the precinct level, it is easy to manipulate the vote with or without mail in ballots.
    States should make the rules for voting afaik. I dont think the federal government has a say in it other than states cant restrict voting to people. The democrats want to restrict voting in person basically. The same way they shut down in person church service. I would argue that federally the government needs to preserve in person voting. The slippery slope is there. First no in person voting then only mail in votes and then only electronic voting over the internet. Its all to make it easier to rig elections.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    States should make the rules for voting afaik. I dont think the federal government has a say in it other than states cant restrict voting to people. The democrats want to restrict voting in person basically. The same way they shut down in person church service. I would argue that federally the government needs to preserve in person voting. The slippery slope is there. First no in person voting then only mail in votes and then only electronic voting over the internet. Its all to make it easier to rig elections.
    That's why it should be a federal law that voting for representatives must be secret with a paper trail.

Any other way is going down the path of evil towards dictatorship.

I think this is setting the stage for trump refusing to step down if he is defeated in Nov.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I think this is setting the stage for trump refusing to step down if he is defeated in Nov.
    If you are serious, that is dumb.

If you are not, nice ONION spoof.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll