Thread: Apple iOS 13.5 Upgrade Includes Contact Tracing API

Apple iOS 13.5 Upgrade Includes Contact Tracing API

https://www.technocracy.news/apple-i...t-tracing-api/

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question. Fears of the worst sort are already cropping up as Apple has not made completely clear what software developers will be able to access and use the new core features that allow for Contact Tracing.

One tech journal notes,

Usage of the contact tracing API is user-optional. Additionally, exposure reports require the user to, once again, opt in to the notification, and it can only be done after the positive result is confirmed by one of the government agencies.

The first problem is that many iPhone users don’t have a clue what ‘user-optional’ means and if they do, they forget to disable the feature.

The second problem is that other app creators may gain access to the Application Programming Interface (API) and use it for other purposes. There are some who will say that can’t ever happen, but I would remind them about Apple’s poor track record of closing up holes that have been secretly exploited by groups of developers who knew better, but didn’t care about breaking the rules.

The third problem is that while Apple says all data is anonymized, it is the ‘mother ship’ who knows everything about you. It knows what apps you have installed and your continuous location as you move around. Turning your health data over to Apple puts it out of your control. Do you trust Apple to never tell another soul? Do you trust it to never come with other uses for the API, once it is spread around the entire planet? If governments are allowed to access the API, will they use it only for benevolent purposes?

The fourth problem is that Google is doing exactly the same thing with their Android platform. Do you trust Google more or less than Apple?

If iPhone users do not upgrade to iOS 13.5, then they will not receive any further upgrades beyond that, period. This means that you are frozen in time, unable to receive the latest security and other feature updates.

If you choose to upgrade your smart phone to iOS 13.5, at least sift it with a fine-tooth comb to make sure you have turned all such features OFF, and then do frequent audits to be sure that they remain OFF.

More at link.

---

So, pretty much "Mandatory". Its not like once this update is released that any phones released after the update will contain an option to revert the OS to a non contact tracing version.

When is this data gonna be made available to employers? Think that wont get someone fired?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People acting like smartphones haven't been tracking your location for 14 years.

To disable settings>privacy>blue tooth>COVID-19 tracking and toggle off.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    To disable settings>privacy>blue tooth>COVID-19 tracking and toggle off.
    Or, how about just turn location & bluetooth permanently off???

I do that, too, unless I need them to work other things.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Do we really believe that turning off these settings means we won't be tracked? I would like to believe that's the case but I'd be surprised if it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    Do we really believe that turning off these settings means we won't be tracked? I would like to believe that's the case but I'd be surprised if it were true.
    Yup. Illusion of Privacy. Illusion of control of your information.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Time to build this.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Time to build this.

or
    1. use a faraday cage
    2. use an old android phone
    3. use a non-smart phone

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    or
    1. use a faraday cage
    2. use an old android phone
    3. use a non-smart phone
    You have to take your phone out of the faraday cage to use it right? The app will be pinging away when you do. Options 2 and 3 are viable though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You have to take your phone out of the faraday cage to use it right? The app will be pinging away when you do. Options 2 and 3 are viable though.
    correct.

there's also de-googled android phones called Fairphone.