Thread: Undercover cops to enforce Ohio Covid Laws

Undercover cops to enforce Ohio Covid Laws

We now have undercover cops policing the regular citizenry for simply trying to eat at a restaurant?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...?ocid=msedgntp

As patrons potentially flock to bars and restaurants over the holiday weekend, extra undercover agents will be out to observe, educate and, if necessary, enforce the state’s public health order to thwart the spread of coronavirus.

The agents are part of the Ohio Investigative Unit, which is made up of plainclothes peace officers responsible for enforcing Ohio’s alcohol, tobacco and food stamp fraud laws.

Along with looking for criminal activity, the officers now are tasked with watching for potential violations of the state’s health order for restaurants and bars to safely operate during the coronavirus pandemic.

The agents can issue administrative citations, which could lead to a hearing with the Ohio Liquor Control Commission. Possible penalties include fines, suspensions or even revoking a business’ liquor permit.

“We just don’t know the compliance rate out there,” Ohio Investigative Unit Enforcement Commander Eric Wolf said. “We certainly expect that a vast majority of the places we visit will be in compliance and do what they have to do.”

Gov. Mike DeWine announced May 18 that members would be added to the investigative unit to check for compliance at bars and restaurants.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a bunch of $#@! cops.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

i
    am sick
    of toiling
    solely for the
    construction of
    my own prison

we are in 30's germany

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

And, consider all the folks out of work who will gladly sign up to earn a paycheck.
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks