Thread: Trump: ‘We’ve Got to Open Our Churches,’ They ‘Are Essential’

Trump: ‘We’ve Got to Open Our Churches,’ They ‘Are Essential’

President Donald Trump pushed for the reopening of churches and eluded to an expected release of guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). “We’ve got to open our churches,” he said during remarks during his tour of a plant owned by Ford Motor Company (F) in Ypsilanti, Michigan. “I spoke with the CDC and I think they’re going to put out something later today.”

The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has tested the lengths to which governors and government will go to limit the First Amendment. Attorney General William Barr has warned states not to exceed their authority, particularly as it relates to restrictions on religious freedom.
    The Justice Department intervened on behalf of Temple Baptist Church in Greenville, Miss., filing a Statement of Interest. The church filed a lawsuit challenging an executive order issued by Mayor Errick Simmons, which prohibits drive-in church services.

“They’re so important to the psyche of the nation,” the president added. “I think churches are essential.”

More at: https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/n...are-essential/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Donald Trump pushed for the reopening of churches and eluded to an expected release of guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
    When spell check replaces proof reading you get stuff like this.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

All businesses are essential therefore they should be open.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This is interesting. The first week the closures were announced, our Sunday school class president called to say, “I guess we won’t be having Sunday school for a while.” I asked if we were exploring any online options so we could keep meeting. So guess what? We have Sunday school. And midweek Bible study. And a women’s prayer group every week. People really like the format.

Our church outreach has actually been increased during this closure time. Our pastoral team are hearing from people all over the world who are contacting us to ask about how to know Jesus. Interestingly, we have many people in our church who have lived internationally, so there are plenty of resources to offer them.

Governments may try, but they really cannot shut down the gospel.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

And this Mississippi church just happens to burn down right after Trump makes those remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post

And this Mississippi church just happens to burn down right after Trump makes those remarks.
    The Satanic Temple Has Evolved Into An Anti-Trump Movement, And Leftists Are Flocking To It

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What a hero. "We must open our churches, but only according to CDC guidelines." Limited occupancy, maintain "social distancing," wear your fear masks, etc.

With "friends" like these...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    What a hero. "We must open our churches, but only according to CDC guidelines." Limited occupancy, maintain "social distancing," wear your fear masks, etc.

With "friends" like these...
    They are already threatening to impeach him for his response that was not hysterical enough, he has to deal with the political environment.

But maybe you are right, maybe we should replace the guy pushing things in the right direction with the people who want to keep churches closed forever while leaving their abortion temples open.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    When spell check replaces proof reading you get stuff like this.
    Good enough to fool bootlickers. It's not like Trump has no reason to speak to them with a third grade vocabulary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Department of Justice Files Statement of Interest in Support of Freedom of Religion for Colorado Church

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...olorado-church

The Department of Justice Files Statement of Interest in Support of Equal Treatment of Washington State Church Based on Recent Supreme Court Ruling

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depar...n-state-church

Assistant Attorney General Eric Dreiband Sends Letter to Montgomery County Maryland Executives Expressing First Amendment Concerns Regarding County Orders

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/assis...and-executives

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/KerriKupecDOJ/st...88330000535554

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment