Thread: Thrash Metal Drummer Awakens from Coronavirus Coma, Doesn't Think Satan Is That Cool Anymore

Thrash Metal Drummer Awakens from Coronavirus Coma, Doesn't Think Satan Is That Cool Anymore

Not the onion lol

Subscribe

Thrash Metal Drummer Awakens from Coronavirus Coma, Doesn't Think Satan Is That Cool Anymore
    LUKE DARBY
    May 20, 2020 11:41 AM
    the band death angel
    Frazer Harrison
    Will Carroll of Death Angel says, “I don’t think Satan’s quite as cool as I used to.”
    As the coronavirus pandemic continues, researchers are discovering new symptoms and side effects of the disease. Some people who have recovered from COVID-19 are still reporting lingering chest pain and shortness of breath, and in some cases people are reporting a rash disgustingly referred to as "COVID toes." And in at least one case, the novel coronavirus has caused visions of a Dante-like trip to Hell.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle's Datebook, the thrash metal band Death Angel was in Europe for a tour in early March when the outbreak went global. They cancelled the tour and headed back to the U.S., but on the flight back drummer Will Carroll started showing symptoms. After testing positive, he spent 12 days in a medically induced coma. When he finally woke up on March 30, the staff at California Pacific Medical Center applauded. "(The medical staff) couldn’t believe it," he told the Chronicle. "They were ecstatic because it was a success story."

Carroll had more reason to celebrate, not just because he was returning to good health, but because those 12 days were full of some pretty upsetting visions. Per the Chronicle:

While in the coma, Carroll said he had dreams of visiting the afterlife. He saw himself leave his body and plummet down to hell, where Satan—a woman in his case—punished him for the deadly sin of sloth, morphing him into a Jabba the Hutt-like-monster who vomited blood until he had a heart attack. "I woke up on the hospital bed with tubes coming in and out of me, and there was a nurse right there and my first words were, 'Am I still in hell?'" Carroll said. "She ignored me."

It takes a very professional nurse to take a patient rambling about hell in stride. In Carroll's case though, the experience has him reevaluating some things. "I’m still going to listen to satanic metal, and I still love Deicide and bands like that," he told the Chronicle. "As far as for my personal life and my experience of what I went through, I don’t think Satan’s quite as cool as I used to."
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....n-not-cool/amp

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've got a couple Death Angel albums. This one got a fair amount of radio play back in the day (college radio). I still love the guitar riff.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    And my troops laughed at me when I pointed out to them it was only logical that satan would be a woman , guess once they are all little jabba the hut spitting blood and having heart attacks they'll be all " guess Sgt Oyarde was right about sloth " …...
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-22-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I've got a couple Death Angel albums. This one got a fair amount of radio play back in the day (college radio). I still love the guitar riff.

I am a thrash metal head (49 years old). I have over looked them. Thanks for the recommendation.

He did some interviews on TV about his experiences. But what may have gotten him into trouble was getting on a plane from Europe to California while very sick. A couple of the guys had it before they got on the plane. They said something like "We were running major fevers, pale, sweating, and no one stopped us! Didn't even check us anywhere." The singer from Testament, who I believe may have caught it from them, was not happy about them being sick and not telling everyone else on the tour.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Deep state certainly thinks Satan is cool since they seem to worship him on a daily basis.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I love Children of Bodom
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am a thrash metal head (49 years old). I have over looked them. Thanks for the recommendation.
    That was their most popular release. Good starting point.

This is the tour where many of them caught the Wuhan virus:

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label...tour-2020.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.