Thread: Vote Fraud: South Philly judge of elections admits he took bribes to stuff the ballot box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Vote Fraud: South Philly judge of elections admits he took bribes to stuff the ballot box

South Philly judge of elections admits he took bribes to stuff the ballot box for candidates for Common Pleas Court

A former judge of elections and Democratic committeeperson from South Philadelphia pleaded guilty to accepting $2,500 in bribes to inflate the vote totals for three Democratic candidates for Common Pleas Court judge between 2014 and 2016, U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain announced Thursday.

Domenick J. DeMuro, 73, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deprive Philadelphia voters of their civil rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for the candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, and violating the Travel Act, which forbids the use of a cell phone to promote illegal activity — bribery, McSwain’s office said.

“Our election system relies on the honesty and the integrity of its election officials. If they are corrupt, the system is corrupt, which creates opportunities for election fraud and for the counting of fake votes,” McSwain said in a video-recorded statement sent to news outlets.

“DeMuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear. This is utterly reprehensible conduct. The charges announced today do not erase what he did, but they do ensure that he is held to account for those actions,” McSwain added.

He did not name the candidates and did not say if they won their elections.

DeMuro admitted that a political consultant — whose name prosecutors did not reveal — paid him to add votes for Democratic candidates running for the bench, prosecutors said.

n May 2015, and 46 in 2016, according to court documents outlining the scheme and the charges against him.

While those numbers may seem small, prosecutors said, they made up a significant percentage of the total votes cast at the polling place. In 2014, 118 total ballots were reported there, which means that DeMuro’s fraudulent votes accounted for over 22% of the total voting in that division in 2014. In 2015, his fraud accounted for over 15% of the votes in the division; in 2016, his fraud accounted for over 17% of the votes.

DeMuro faces up to 15 years in federal prison when sentenced.

His lawyer, Janine Vinci, declined to comment Thursday.

Staff Writers Jeremy Roebuck and Julie Shaw contributed to this report.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/voter-...-20200521.html
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democrats will turn a blind eye to this and pretend it never happened.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Impossible! There is no voter fraud in the US! Or so I've been told...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.