Thread: NFL player sues United Airlines, claims he was sexually assaulted by woman on flight

NFL player sues United Airlines, claims he was sexually assaulted by woman on flight

NFL player sues United Airlines, claims he was sexually assaulted by woman on flight

Two men including an unnamed NFL player are suing United Airlines, claiming that a woman sexually assaulted and harassed the player on a flight and that the airline didn’t take proper steps after they complained.
    The lawsuit verified by multiple media outlets was filed in a Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday. The plaintiffs are listed as John Doe 1 and John Doe 2. Their attorney declined to identify the plaintiffs in a statement to TMZ.
    “Those who report assaults should not be ignored, but believed, their claims investigated and appropriate action taken where warranted,” the statement reads.
    Suit: United didn’t act to prevent assault

According to the lawsuit, the alleged incident occurred on a Feb. 10 flight from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey and that a fellow passenger “sexually harassed, assaulted, abused, and violated” the plaintiffs.
    The plaintiffs claim that they alerted flight attendants four times about the woman before they eventually moved her to another seat.
    According to the suit, they notified attendants the first time when when the woman was belligerent and appeared to be intoxicated. The NFL player who was in the middle seat claims that she immediately harassed him over the safety mask he was wearing when she sat down next to him by the window. The plaintiffs claim that’s when they made their first complaint.
    The second plaintiff claims to have observed the woman taking pills. The plaintiffs claim that the woman later started to grope and massage the NFL player’s thighs, prompting a second complaint to flight staff.
    Suit: Woman grabbed at player’s genitals

The woman continued to advance on the NFL player, “grabbing and groping his quads and then stroking her hand across his lap towards the inside of his leg near his genitals,” according to the suit. Another complaint was met without action from flight staff, according to the suit.
    The player says the woman eventually ripped off his mask and grabbed at his penis, prompting him to leap up from his seat and complain to the entire plane. That’s when flight staff moved her to another seat toward the back of the plane, according to the suit.
    The suit claims that the airline refused to give the plaintiffs the name of the woman in addition to other passengers and flight staff who could have acted as witnesses. The suit says the airline offered both plaintiffs $150 vouchers. They’re seeking unspecified statutory and punitive damages from the airline, claiming negligence and infliction of emotional distress.
    United provided a statement to TMZ.
    "The safety and well-being of our customers is always our top priority,” the statement reads. “In this instance, the customer involved was moved to a different seat. Because litigation is now pending, we’re unable to provide further comment.”
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just got this in an email...

Dear AF,

When it was announced in 2019 that I'd be taking on the role of CEO at United, no one knew that our world was going to change so considerably. But my vision for our airline remains the same: that we'll be able to offer the best customer experience, the most innovative technology and the most exciting destinations of any airline in the world. After watching our United family take on the challenges of the last few months, I know that together we can achieve that vision.

Safety has always been our most important value at United, and during this crisis it's taken on a new and different significance. We know it will be top-of-mind for you when you resume traveling. So I'm proud to begin my time as CEO by introducing United CleanPlus℠, a new standard of cleanliness and safety, in partnership with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic:

United CleanPlus is our commitment to putting health and safety at the forefront of your journey, with the goal of delivering an industry-leading standard of cleanliness. Teaming up with Clorox allows us to leverage expertise from the #1 trusted brand for powerful cleaning and disinfecting. And Cleveland Clinic is advising us on our cleaning and disinfection protocols so we can innovate quickly as we learn more about how to protect against COVID-19. As you consider your next trip, we'll be "United Together" with you to help ensure your safety from lobby to landing.

Now, more than ever, your loyalty is so deeply appreciated by every member of the United family. I thank you and the essential workers of our airline for all your support. Even in these difficult times, I'm looking forward to the future of United.

Sincerely,

Scott Kirby
    Scott Kirby
    CEO
    United Airlines
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I put you on the no fly list, maybe it has expired. I'll need to update that. We want to keep our aircraft clean.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Danke is going to get me AF's first class seating

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I put you on the no fly list, maybe it has expired. I'll need to update that. We want to keep our aircraft clean.
    pffft...I'll use the same response when asked about hand washing after taking a leak in an airport $#@!house...my dick is the cleanest thing in there.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke is going to get me AF's first class seating
    You can have my United miles as well...some things in my life are changing...my large vessel career is probably over and I'll never step foot in an airport again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You can have my United miles as well...some things in my life are changing...my large vessel career is probably over and I'll never step foot in an airport again.
    I hope everything works out good for you . Personally I would think of never going to airports as a huge bonus .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I hope everything works out good for you . Personally I would think of never going to airports as a huge bonus .
    Pretty grim outlook right now, but thanks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But I thought women were incapable of sexually assaulted a man.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge