Thread: While some retailers are allowed to reopen their doors on Tuesday, some are choosing to wait

While some retailers are allowed to reopen their doors on Tuesday, some are choosing to wait

While many if not some retailers and some small shops were excited on being let open by from the provincial government with physical distancing some crazy retailers had decided not to open yet and instead are still trying to pushing the message of stay home and social distance. The reason i say crazy retailers is because do they not care of making money and paying to landlords?

In Canada some of small retailers had close down because they weren't able to pay enough to the landlords of tax because there were no shoppers. And yet there are still some retailers who still want people and business to be locked in? just for how long should we be all locked in to stay safe?
    Judging from what i have seen from New York and Gov Cuomo its clear that staying locked up inside your home hasn't worked out as most of the cases had being those who were locked in their home.

So i am surprised why some retailers are still pushing this "Stay Home stay safe narrative"

While some retailers are allowed to reopen their doors on Tuesday, some are choosing to wait

"I think we still should be promoting people to stay home and social [distance]," one downtown shop owner says
    "There's no reason to rush [opening] the doors in our opinion," said Allison Mistakidis, co-owner of the Whiskeyjack Boutique in downtown Windsor.

The province ordered that all non-essential businesses shut down in late March, but last week, Premier Doug Ford announced a phased approach of reopening the province.

"I think we still should be promoting people to stay home and social [distance], and having a store that encourages browsing is the opposite of what we want for our community."

Mistakidis said, but for now, while the door to its storefront remains closed, it will be continuing with its online sales and curbside pickup.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 05-17-2020 at 03:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

The tourism industry will probably be close indefinitely until the coronavirus completely disappears.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge