Thread: Bill Gates-Funded COVID-19 Tracking Program Shut Down by FDA

Bill Gates-Funded COVID-19 Tracking Program Shut Down by FDA

A Bill Gates-funded COVID-19 tracking program has been shut down by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), according to reports.

The Seattle-based initiative, Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network, or SCAN, has been ordered to halt its at-home coronavirus testing scheme by the federal authorities.

The FDA has ordered SCAN to stop screening for the virus, putting the program, that has been providing hundreds of home testing kits each day, on pause.

As of Wednesday, all links to the project’s website now redirect to a notice stating its operations are “currently paused” due to a conflict with the FDA.

More at: https://neonnettle.com/news/11314-bi...ut-down-by-fda
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    according to reports.
    This proves it is false, because it shows an ignorance of how the FDA works. They don't shut down anything that is not even in the market yet.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    This proves it is false, because it shows an ignorance of how the FDA works. They don't shut down anything that is not even in the market yet.
    It was in the market.
    And try reading:

"As of Wednesday, all links to the project’s website now redirect to a notice stating its operations are “currently paused” due to a conflict with the FDA."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It was in the market.
    And try reading:

"As of Wednesday, all links to the project’s website now redirect to a notice stating its operations are “currently paused” due to a conflict with the FDA."
    I can read, actually. And reading that a link disappeared proves nothing. NOT A SINGLE TEST FOR COVID has been approved by the FDA, they have all been fast-tracked under the emergency war powers act, and that certainly applies for any tracking devices also, which I am not even sure is under the FDA jurisdiction.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Here is the actual text (without the wrong commentary by the writer about the FDA):

“SCAN has been operating under an emergency use authorization (EUA) from the Washington State Department of Health,” the notice says.“We have been notified that under revised guidance issued on May 8th, a separate federal EUA is now required” to continue testing.
    This is a decision by the Washington State Department of Health.

I can read, actually. And reading that a link disappeared proves nothing. NOT A SINGLE TEST FOR COVID has been approved by the FDA, they have all been fast-tracked under the emergency war powers act, and that certainly applies for any tracking devices also, which I am not even sure is under the FDA jurisdiction.
    They were using tests on people who had no symptoms which has not been approved and they may have not been approved to do any tests on anyone.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They were using tests on people who had no symptoms which has not been approved and they may have not been approved to do any tests on anyone.
    But it has NOTHING to do with the FDA. This was a decision by a Nazi run state government.

Here is the actual text (without the wrong commentary by the writer about the FDA):

This is a decision by the Washington State Department of Health.
    But it has NOTHING to do with the FDA. This was a decision by a Nazi run state government.
    No, try reading slowly.
    They already had state approval but they feds said they couldn't do it without FEDERAL approval.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, try reading slowly.
    They already had state approval but they feds said they couldn't do it without FEDERAL approval.
    Ok, I read REAL SLOW. And guess what? It still says the same thing:

“SCAN has been operating under an emergency use authorization (EUA) from the Washington State Department of Health,” the notice says.“We have been notified that under revised guidance issued on May 8th, a separate federal EUA is now required” to continue testing.
    The FDA has no jurisdiction here. They might issue a warning, which is all they can do, because some other Big Pharma company wants their product approved, but this was all done within the State of Washington.

Though the FDA has given no indication that the SCAN project is linked to fraud, the agency has gone on high alert after a rush of fly-by-night coronavirus testing services emerged across the US, many offering faulty or outright fake test kits.With such schemes becoming more prevalent, the FDA, FBI, CDC, and a number of other federal agencies have issued public warnings to consumers.
    That's all they can do. No jurisdiction. The author is obviously not well-versed in these matter....

I went to the actual site of SCAN and here is the full text:

SCAN Project Update May 14, 2020
    Thank you for your interest in the Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network (SCAN). Our testing of home-based, self-collected samples for COVID-19 is currently paused. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

SCAN’s test is authorized by the Washington State Department of Health. However, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) recently clarified its guidance for home-based, self-collected samples to test for COVID-19. We have been notified that a separate federal emergency use authorization (EUA) is required to return results for self-collected tests. The FDA has not raised any concerns regarding the safety and accuracy of SCAN’s test, but we have been asked to pause testing until we receive that additional authorization.

We have been in conversation with the FDA since March 1st and hope to have our EUA soon. We initiated the process to authorize our lab-developed test and self-swab kit on March 23rd and, in accordance with the EUA process and timeline, submitted data to secure federal authorization on April 13th. We are actively working to address their questions and resume testing as soon as possible.

We are pleased to see the FDA’s recent clarifications regarding provisions for home-based self-collection of diagnostic samples in specific circumstances. This paves the way toward expanding access to safe, reliable, convenient, and scalable testing options across the country.

We are grateful for productive partnerships with the FDA, the Washington State Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as we continue to respond to this unprecedented and rapidly evolving outbreak.
    This is, admittedly, confusing, because of these EUAs that we are seeing enacted for the first time. But the FDA is offering guidance here, and issuing an EUA (which is not approval) that allows one to use something not yet approved by the FDA. It is exactly what is happening with all these tests.

But the authorization was from the Washington State Department of Health, which, quite frankly, is not even legally binding.

This company could continue using their SCAN test if they wanted to, and it would be perfectly legal.
    Last edited by Created4; 05-15-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Ok, I read REAL SLOW. And guess what? It still says the same thing:

The FDA has no jurisdiction here. They might issue a warning, which is all they can do, because some other Big Pharma company wants their product approved, but this was all done within the State of Washington.
    No, the Feds issued the new guidance requiring permission from the feds, it doesn't say the state did it.
    That's all they can do. No jurisdiction. The author is obviously not well-versed in these matter....
    They issued warnings to the public but guidance requiring federal permission to SCAN.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I went to the actual site of SCAN and here is the full text:
    See, it was the FDA that issued new guidance requiring federal permission.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

See, it was the FDA that issued new guidance requiring federal permission.
    No, not "permission." You are 100% wrong on that point.

it doesn't say the state did it.
    Yes it does. Trying reading again SLOWLY....

SCAN’s test is authorized by the Washington State Department of Health.

No, not "permission." You are 100% wrong on that point.
    Yes, permission: "We have been notified that a separate federal emergency use authorization (EUA) is required to return results for self-collected tests."
    Authorization=Permission
    Yes it does. Trying reading again SLOWLY....
    Read what I said the state didn't do, I said the state didn't issue the new guidance requiring federal permission.

Is English not your first language?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, permission: "We have been notified that a separate federal emergency use authorization (EUA) is required to return results for self-collected tests."
    Authorization=Permission

Read what I said the state didn't do, I said the state didn't issue the new guidance requiring federal permission.

Is English not your first language?
    First of all, you need to stop the ad hominem attacks if you want to have an intelligent conversation. I am a former English teacher, how about you?

Secondly, for your benefit and for anyone else who claims to value the Constitution, you need to RID YOUR vocabulary of "permission" when it comes to federal agencies. (Besides the fact that you are wrongly attributing "permission" here to the FDA, when the manufacturer's website clearly states it was the State's Health Department that authorized this.)

The idea that we need permission from the FDA to do ANYTHING is inherently WRONG. Yes, they have access to law enforcement, guns, etc. that can force people to comply.

But that doesn't mean they have AUTHORITY to give permission to anyone.

If you want to really understand this issue, see:

Study: 98% of FDA Laws Are Unconstitutional

I don't even agree with the Pacific Legal Foundation's conclusion that 98% of their laws are unconstitutional. 100% of them are. And if you are ordered by the FDA to do anything and have many millions of dollars to burn by taking them to court, you will win every time, if you get it into the federal appellate court level, where you don't have the State court biases in play, especially in states with big ties to Big Pharma.

Look up Constitutional attorney Jonathan Emord. He has taken on the FDA many times and beat them. But they don't change their "laws" and Congress does nothing to curtail them either.

YOU DON'T NEED PERMISSION TO OBEY AND LIVE BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!!

First of all, you need to stop the ad hominem attacks if you want to have an intelligent conversation. I am a former English teacher, how about you?

Secondly, for your benefit and for anyone else who claims to value the Constitution, you need to RID YOUR vocabulary of "permission" when it comes to federal agencies. (Besides the fact that you are wrongly attributing "permission" here to the FDA, when the manufacturer's website clearly states it was the State's Health Department that authorized this.)

The idea that we need permission from the FDA to do ANYTHING is inherently WRONG. Yes, they have access to law enforcement, guns, etc. that can force people to comply.

But that doesn't mean they have AUTHORITY to give permission to anyone.

If you want to really understand this issue, see:

Study: 98% of FDA Laws Are Unconstitutional

I don't even agree with the Pacific Legal Foundation's conclusion that 98% of their laws are unconstitutional. 100% of them are. And if you are ordered by the FDA to do anything and have many millions of dollars to burn by taking them to court, you will win every time, if you get it into the federal appellate court level, where you don't have the State court biases in play, especially in states with big ties to Big Pharma.

Look up Constitutional attorney Jonathan Emord. He has taken on the FDA many times and beat them. But they don't change their "laws" and Congress does nothing to curtail them either.

YOU DON'T NEED PERMISSION TO OBEY AND LIVE BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!!
    We are not talking about what is Constitutional, we are talking about how the system currently functions in spite of the Constitution and more importantly what Gates and his ilk accept.

The point of this story is that the feds are harassing Gates and not cooperating with him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We are not talking about what is Constitutional...
    Well we sure as hell should be!!!!

Well we sure as hell should be!!!!
    We do that in other threads.
    If you want to start a thread about how the feds should get out of Gates' way so he and the state can violate the rights of the citizens then please do.
    This thread is about the news story of the feds not cooperating with Gates and his evil scheme.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We do that in other threads.
    If you want to start a thread about how the feds should get out of Gates' way so he and the state can violate the rights of the citizens then please do.
    This thread is about the news story of the feds not cooperating with Gates and his evil scheme.
    You made an incorrect statement that the FDA shut this down, and I corrected you. Sorry you don't like the facts, and feel the need to attack me and misrepresent what I am saying, because obviously I never said anything that can be construed as "the feds should get out of Gates' way so he and the state can violate the rights of the citizens "

But then that's what ultimately always happens when one cannot debate based on the merits or logic of one's position: just attack the other party.
    Last edited by Created4; 05-15-2020 at 07:32 PM.

You made an incorrect statement that the FDA shut this down, and I corrected you. Sorry you don't like the facts, and feel the need to attack me and misrepresent what I am saying, because obviously I never said anything that can be construed as "the feds should get out of Gates' way so he and the state can violate the rights of the citizens "

But then that's what ultimately always happens when one cannot debate based on the merits or logic of one's position: just attack the other party.
    It was a correct statement and I proved it over and over.
    You lost so you tried to change the subject.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This doesn't seem complicated, I have no idea what point Created is even trying to make.

Coronavirus-tracking project backed by Bill Gates is put on hold due to FDA concerns
    https://www.geekwire.com/2020/corona...-fda-concerns/

The FDA has shut down a Bill Gates-backed coronavirus testing program
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/f...sting-program/

The Trump FDA shuts down an unconstitutional tracking program.

What's the problem exactly?

Do you really hate Trump that much that you have to make up arguments out of thin air?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This doesn't seem complicated, I have no idea what point Created is even trying to make.

Coronavirus-tracking project backed by Bill Gates is put on hold due to FDA concerns

Do you really hate Trump that much that you have to make up arguments out of thin air?

This is what I read:

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) halted, at least temporarily, a Seattle-based at-home coronavirus testing program backed by Bill Gates.

“Please discontinue patient testing and return of diagnostic results to patients until proper authorization is obtained,” the FDA told the Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network (SCAN) in a memo, according to The New York Times.

“The FDA has not raised any concerns regarding the safety and accuracy of SCAN’s test, but we have been asked to pause testing until we receive that additional authorization,”

SCAN, which involved a number of institutions, including the University of Washington Medicine and backed by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, was sending free test kits to participants.
    There are many biotech/pharmaceutical companies that the Fed is Funding. Distribution and Control will be handled by “proper authorities”, not “at home” test kits.

This is beyond Trumps control. Those who still believe he is “savior and king” and not stand up now, will reap your rewards.

Totally unbelievable. The on the record information that is out there, follow the money, the players involved, and still the Trump-Humpers are Towing the Line.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    This is what I read:

There are many biotech/pharmaceutical companies that the Fed is Funding. Distribution and Control will be handled by “proper authorities”, not “at home” test kits.

This is beyond Trumps control. Those who still believe he is “savior and king” and not stand up now, will reap your rewards.

Totally unbelievable. The on the record information that is out there, follow the money, the players involved, and still the Trump-Humpers are Towing the Line.

Well, it IS Swordy and dannno you're talking about. Let's face facts, if Trump pushed a little old lady out in front of a bus, those two would bend over backwards trying to spin it so that it was the little old lady's fault. Maybe she was a deep state opperative or something? Just consider the source and move on.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Yeah, it has nothing to do with hating Trump or not. It is the fact that the FDA had no authority here and did not shut them down. The only reason you guys believe the FDA shut them down is because some reporter wrote a bad headline claiming so.

Stop reading what the Press is writing, and go directly to the SCAN website to see what really happened. https://scanpublichealth.org/updates/2020-05-13

There are no issues or concerns with the safety and accuracy of SCAN’s test. Laboratories applying for an Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA are often asked to provide additional information to support their test application.

The FDA recently clarified its guidance for home-based, self-collected samples to test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. These requirements establish common guidelines for at-home testing in the United States.

While SCAN’s test remains authorized by the Washington State Department of Health, we have been notified that a separate federal emergency use authorization is required to return results for tests of self-collected specimens. On May 12th, the FDA asked that we pause testing until we have received this additional authorization.

SCAN is working with the FDA and Washington State Department of Health to resume testing and notification of results as soon as possible.
    In short, the FDA did NOT shut them down. They need to renew their EUA to "return test results", and the FDA "asked" them to stop testing temporarily. Their other operations are obviously continuing, and they decided to comply with the FDA's "request." It is simply a procedural issue, and the company continues to operate.

But keep on with your cult-like belief that Trump is draining the swamp, as he keeps on appointing deep state operators connected to Bill Gates, and has even now capitulated to being part of the WHO, run by a known terrorist.
    Last edited by Created4; 05-16-2020 at 12:43 PM.