Thread: The Bill of Safety

Exclamation The Bill of Safety

The Bill of Safety?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...ill-of-safety/

By eric - May 15, 2020

Will Americans resist being forcibly vaccinated?

The worry is that most Americans have already accepted being force-vaccinated . . . in principle. They did so more than 30 years ago, long before WuFlu Fever – when they accepted being ordered to wear a seatbelt/helmet and to show “papers” on demand – but without probable cause – at “checkpoints.”

They endorsed it when they amen’d forcing people to buy car (and then health) insurance. When they accepted the government telling them they would no longer be permitted to buy new cars that didn’t meet government’s “bumper impact” standards.

Told they would have to buy air bags – and didn’t rise in outrage.

They gave their implied consent when they didn’t object to their “consent” being implied … when they accepted being forced to assume the degrading I surrender pose at airports and – even more degrading – spread their legs and let a government worker run his hands around their privates. Around the privates of their wives and children.

All these things are based on the same thing – the principle that it’s the legitimate business of government to impose “safety” (however defined by the government) as opposed to respecting and protecting people’s rights.

Which includes the fundamental right – now largely former – of the individual human being to weigh and assume a risk that strikes him (irrespective of what other people think) as remote in relation to the benefit he believes he’ll enjoy by assuming that risk.

This was the essence of the whole pioneer thing that built the country – without which it never would have been built. People in Europe weighed the risk of a months’ long ocean passage in a tiny, often leaky wooden ship, which might not make it – for the sake of hopefully getting to a new country where they would be free, at last, of being told what they could and could not do.

There was no “safety” in this – irritated Indians in the woods, the very real possibility you might freeze or starve to death – and maybe even get sick – but the rewards were potentially tremendous. So tremendous, that people took all those risks – which they could, because there wasn’t yet a government that told them it wasn’t . . . “safe.”

Now, there is. And it’s becoming impossible – illegal – to do anything.

And we are subjected to everything – in the name of “safety.” This will almost axiomatically include forced vaccinations, step right up (and bayonet in your backside). Because vaccinations will – they will say – keep us safe. And safety is everything. Justifies anything. There is no limit to what is necessary to keep us safe.

I’ve been trying to get this point across for decades. People accused me of exaggerating; that “buckling up” is really no big deal. Well, it is a big deal – if you don’t like the idea of being parented – and vaccinated – by the government.

The only way out of this is to reject the principle that it is the rightful business of government to impose “safety” on anyone – rather than respect and protect everyone’s rights. These two things are mutually exclusive things – which is why “safety” has been pushed for these past several decades as the means of getting rid of our rights. Though of course it is not put quite that way.

But the facts – the results – speak for themselves.

Your right to peaceably assemble – without permission – has been taken away . . . in the name of “safety.”

Your right to freely associate – even to the extent of in your own backyard – has been taken away . . . in the name of “safety.”

The government asserts the power to close businesses at its whim . . . in the name of “safety.”

It sends armed thugs out to manacle and jail people who’ve done nothing more than walk with their children in a park or attempt to do honest (legal) work to earn the money needed to feed their children . . . in the name of “safety.”

Can you think of a single thing left to us that is no longer conditional on the government saying it’s “safe” for us to do it?

Can you summon a principled defense against the idea that “safety” requires the entire population to submit to vaccinations?

There is nothing in the Bill of Rights about “safety.” Yet – somehow – the primary focus of government has become “keeping us safe.” This is an astonishing substitution.

One keeps things one owns “safe.” They are stored away, fenced in, put in secure places. Consider what this implies, then, about those who claim they are “keeping us safe.”

And how did they acquire the right to do this?

Was the Bill of Safety ever ratified by the people?

Wait – better not ask for that. There are probably enough Americans to form a working electoral majority in favor of such a thing. One can identify such “voters” via the Fear Masks they wear.

They will vote to have you vaccinated.

Just as they voted to force you to “buckle up,” wear a helmet and strap down your own child in a . . . safety seat. These children – a whole generation of them already grown to adulthood – having been conditioned to regard safety as infinitely more desirable than the undiscovered country of risk and reward. The decision is no longer theirs to make – nor ours, either.

Because our owners know best… and they will keep us safe.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As high as 1 in 4 Americans will refuse the vaccine.

I'd like to see them try to force vax 50 million of us.

Trump knows this. He won't allow forced vax.

The worry is that most Americans have already accepted being force-vaccinated . . . in principle. They did so more than 30 years ago

They did so a LOT longer ago than that, back when they allowed the bastards to forcibly medicate the vast majority of us under the guise of protecting children from cavities.

Eric's point remains perfectly valid either way. Safety uber alles is the death knell of any true liberty.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I'm missing Angela right now.

I believe her point was that it is the nasty stupid people of society who won't submit to vaccines will ruin it for the rest of the compliant populace who have already willingly taken the vaccines by having the government force them to take the vaccines of which they've already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

Trump knows this. He won't allow forced vax.
    He doesn't have to. He'll hide behind "states rights" again and leave it up to the Governors.

But just like during the faux measles "epidemic" last summer, he will tell everyone to go get their shots.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I will be resisting forced vaccinations.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This issue will certainly be coming to a head when the time comes.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

I believe her point was that it is the nasty stupid people of society who won't submit to vaccines will ruin it for the rest of the compliant populace who have already willingly taken the vaccines by having the government force them to take the vaccines of which they've already taken.
    I think her point was people who do not get vaccinated become vectors for the spread of preventable disease, which spread generates political capital for programs of forced inoculation. It isn't quite the same thing.

Fortunately for us we elected Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump: No, we’re looking for a full vaccine for everyone that wants to get it. Not everybody is going to want to get it.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...e-development/
    Let's not $#@! it up.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    I think her point was people who do not get vaccinated become vectors for the spread of preventable disease, which spread generates political capital for programs of forced inoculation. It isn't quite the same thing.
    I would love to see Angela back on the board to weigh in on Covid and the warp-speed vaccines and her thoughts on personal responsibilities related to such.

I would love to see Angela back on the board to weigh in on Covid and the warp-speed vaccines and her thoughts on personal responsibilities related to such.
    Angela and I did not see eye to eye on a few things. This is one of them. I believe her heart is in the right place, but, good intentions can lead to bad consequences. Most people become set in their ways after a long, long life and no longer reachable, but there are those who can and do have a change of heart when evidence and truth is brought before them.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Angela is on osan's chat, she says there will not be a vaccine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Vaccines are not made overnight. They still don't have one for HIV. Hell, even the flu vaccine has to be updated every year and its effectiveness is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Vaccines are not made overnight. They still don't have one for HIV. Hell, even the flu vaccine has to be updated every year and its effectiveness is questionable.
    Corona viruses are particularly hard to make a vaccine for.
    I doubt there will be one and I bet Trump thinks the same thing, meanwhile he keeps the Demoncrats and the MSM (pardon the redundancy) from attacking him for not supporting the search for a "cure".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Angela is on osan's chat, she says there will not be a vaccine.
    Does she think there will be no vaccine because of the technical challenges and/or safety concerns?

Does she think there will be no vaccine because of the technical challenges and/or safety concerns?
    She didn't elaborate but I believe she meant technical concerns.
    I can't ask her for clarification because she has me on ignore there.

Rwandan Patriotic Front Discord Chat

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    True. They won't be able to make a vaccine for every single kind of mutation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I can't ask her for clarification because she has me on ignore there.

Rwandan Patriotic Front Discord Chat
    I didn't figure her as an ignorer.

I miss the old Angela and wish that she was still here.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Pertinent replies in that thread:

Stars4Patriots
    @Stars4P
    ·
    May 15
    We need an Executive Order stating all medical procedures ESPECIALLY VAX are at the sole discretion of parents and every Adult, no exceptions.
    AND MAKE VAX MANUFACTURERS, HMOs, CLINICS, DOCTORS & NURSES etc. LIABLE FOR DAMAGES AGAIN. @potuS

Nes Davies
    @DaviesNes
    ·
    May 15
    Replying to
    @M2Madness
    I am against the vaccine
    but I think Trump is playing chess game. Vaccine is the Deep State last source , I believe that Trump will support right vaccines (the clean one , like Dr Judy Mikovic talking about) and not forcing the population to get it. But it is chess ♟

MommaBear
    @ur1spark
    ·
    May 15
    Better be chess. If not, it’s war.

K. Valis-Watson @valisWatson
    ·
    May 15
    There is already a war.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Nobody can make a vaccine for something that doesn't exist and there is no COVOD19/SARS Cov2 virus. Further, it sounds like NO virus has ever been proven to exist. So, the vaccines are simply poisons, sold as protection against non somethings, harming the recipients and making big bucks for the Satanists.

*sigh*

This (the virus) is such a hard topic to even address because it's basic premise is a lie. 19 Arabs with box cutters, garbage in/garbage out.

The easier subject is nobody has any right to forcefully inject something into anyone else. That's it's done doesn't make it any less an assault.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Nobody can make a vaccine for something that doesn't exist and there is no COVOD19/SARS Cov2 virus. Further, it sounds like NO virus has ever been proven to exist. So, the vaccines are simply poisons, sold as protection against non somethings, harming the recipients and making big bucks for the Satanists.

*sigh*

This (the virus) is such a hard topic to even address because it's basic premise is a lie. 19 Arabs with box cutters, garbage in/garbage out.

The easier subject is nobody has any right to forcefully inject something into anyone else. That's it's done doesn't make it any less an assault.
    You're correct---no one has a right to forcefully inject anything into someone else. I believe in informed consent.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The Precautionary Principle?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Bill-of-Safety

By eric - May 17, 2020

I received the following from a reader in reply to my article about the Bill of Safety and thought it a subject much in need of further discussion:

Here in Orygun I’ve watched the Safety Nazis’ seemingly inexorable rise in influence. Seems they always use the public burden theory, starting back in the ’60s with the motorcycle helmet laws and, as you said, seat belts and on and on. There seems no end to it and I’ve yet to come up with convincing arguments as I end up the devil’s advocate seemingly arguing “against” safety. My reply to most (government) help has always been, “No thanks, I’d rather make my own mistakes.” But unfortunately it seems that I am consistently in the minority. We have been saddled with the “precautionary principle” for quite a long time now and things seem to be getting worse. But then, you know all this. Not long long the Oregon legislature, despite overwhelming votes in 35 out of 36 counties against it, passed a bill to give illegal aliens drivers licenses because ….. “it’ll make our roads safer”. It seems there is no escape. I wanted to let you know there are others out here besides the sheep.

There are two antidotes to this.

The first, of course, is to point out that it’s morally wrong to punish people for harms they haven’t caused. That someone may cause harm is not a morally valid basis for punishing people because it cannot be substantiated or even defined. Anyone might cause harm by doing practically anything. To grant power to “prevent” this open-ended might is to grant unlimited power – tyranny.

If someone does cause harm – to someone else – then you have an objective, morally inarguable basis for holding him (and him only) responsible for the harm he has caused. This brings up the unspoken premise behind the “public burden” argument – which should be spoken of, loudly.

It is that it’s immoral to hold others – “the public” – accountable for what an individual does. If I choose to not wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle and if I wreck and if I am injured, then I am responsible for any costs incurred. It is a moral outrage to force other people to bear the burden of the negative consequences – if any – of my actions. And it is a moral outrage to accost me with violence on the basis of “negative consequences” that have not occurred but might.

The statists’ response is always the morally repellent – but cloaked in disingenuous “humanity” – argument that “we” must care for those who get hurt (and so on) because of the decisions they make.

No! It is outrageous to suggest that Joe has an obligation – enforceable at gunpoint – to hand over money (or liberty) because Frank – a person he never even met, whose actions he has no way to control – caused harm to himself or someone else.

Hold Frank accountable for what Frank does – and Joe accountable for what Joe does. And leave both of them alone if what they do causes no harm to either – or anyone else.

The problem, of course, is that reason and logic – let alone moral principles – don’t register much with Clovers.

They want and need and feel.

Their anxieties must be assuaged – by gutting your freedom. By cosseting and corralling you (and me) and everyone else, just to be “safe.”

Such people are dangerous for the same reason that its dangerous to hand an idiot child an automatic rifle and a bottle of gin and leave him alone for the day. Only they’re worse because they’re nominally adults and so ought to function at a higher level. Unfortunately – deliberately – they don’t.

The whole point of “public” – i.e., government – schooling is in fact stultification of the critical faculties. It is to keep the mind from ever developing much beyond that of a child’s mind. Such minds are much easier to control, without the “child” even realizing it.

Even more progress in this regard has been made over the past 30 or so years, during which time a generation has grown up caged – literally. Pretty much everyone born since about 1990 spent their earliest years strapped into a “safety” seat – which is in fact a psychological seat. Intended not to keep the child “safe” but rather to impart fear and passivity.

The outside world is a dangerous and scary place.

Authority will keep you safe!

This isn’t said overtly but the message is the same, regardless. And the result is an entire generation of young people imbued with a hysterical aversion to risk – exaggerated to neurosis – who have been conditioned to sit inertly and wait to be told what to do by Authority.

People’s minds – and spirits – have been crippled. Which is deliberate policy. Fear-riddled, child-thinking adults cannot deal with life; they look to their parent – the government – to make it all right.

To keep them safe.

And the walls of a prison grow around us all – but seen only by those whose minds have somehow not been crippled, who aren’t the functional equivalent of terrified child in desperate need of years of cognitive and emotional reparative therapy.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Precautionary Principle?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Bill-of-Safety

By eric - May 17, 2020

I received the following from a reader in reply to my article about the Bill of Safety and thought it a subject much in need of further discussion:

Here in Orygun I’ve watched the Safety Nazis’ seemingly inexorable rise in influence. Seems they always use the public burden theory, starting back in the ’60s with the motorcycle helmet laws and, as you said, seat belts and on and on. There seems no end to it and I’ve yet to come up with convincing arguments as I end up the devil’s advocate seemingly arguing “against” safety. My reply to most (government) help has always been, “No thanks, I’d rather make my own mistakes.” But unfortunately it seems that I am consistently in the minority. We have been saddled with the “precautionary principle” for quite a long time now and things seem to be getting worse. But then, you know all this. Not long long the Oregon legislature, despite overwhelming votes in 35 out of 36 counties against it, passed a bill to give illegal aliens drivers licenses because ….. “it’ll make our roads safer”. It seems there is no escape. I wanted to let you know there are others out here besides the sheep.

There are two antidotes to this.

The first, of course, is to point out that it’s morally wrong to punish people for harms they haven’t caused. That someone may cause harm is not a morally valid basis for punishing people because it cannot be substantiated or even defined. Anyone might cause harm by doing practically anything. To grant power to “prevent” this open-ended might is to grant unlimited power – tyranny.

If someone does cause harm – to someone else – then you have an objective, morally inarguable basis for holding him (and him only) responsible for the harm he has caused. This brings up the unspoken premise behind the “public burden” argument – which should be spoken of, loudly.

It is that it’s immoral to hold others – “the public” – accountable for what an individual does. If I choose to not wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle and if I wreck and if I am injured, then I am responsible for any costs incurred. It is a moral outrage to force other people to bear the burden of the negative consequences – if any – of my actions. And it is a moral outrage to accost me with violence on the basis of “negative consequences” that have not occurred but might.

The statists’ response is always the morally repellent – but cloaked in disingenuous “humanity” – argument that “we” must care for those who get hurt (and so on) because of the decisions they make.

No! It is outrageous to suggest that Joe has an obligation – enforceable at gunpoint – to hand over money (or liberty) because Frank – a person he never even met, whose actions he has no way to control – caused harm to himself or someone else.

Hold Frank accountable for what Frank does – and Joe accountable for what Joe does. And leave both of them alone if what they do causes no harm to either – or anyone else.

The problem, of course, is that reason and logic – let alone moral principles – don’t register much with Clovers.

They want and need and feel.

Their anxieties must be assuaged – by gutting your freedom. By cosseting and corralling you (and me) and everyone else, just to be “safe.”

Such people are dangerous for the same reason that its dangerous to hand an idiot child an automatic rifle and a bottle of gin and leave him alone for the day. Only they’re worse because they’re nominally adults and so ought to function at a higher level. Unfortunately – deliberately – they don’t.

The whole point of “public” – i.e., government – schooling is in fact stultification of the critical faculties. It is to keep the mind from ever developing much beyond that of a child’s mind. Such minds are much easier to control, without the “child” even realizing it.

Even more progress in this regard has been made over the past 30 or so years, during which time a generation has grown up caged – literally. Pretty much everyone born since about 1990 spent their earliest years strapped into a “safety” seat – which is in fact a psychological seat. Intended not to keep the child “safe” but rather to impart fear and passivity.

The outside world is a dangerous and scary place.

Authority will keep you safe!

This isn’t said overtly but the message is the same, regardless. And the result is an entire generation of young people imbued with a hysterical aversion to risk – exaggerated to neurosis – who have been conditioned to sit inertly and wait to be told what to do by Authority.

People’s minds – and spirits – have been crippled. Which is deliberate policy. Fear-riddled, child-thinking adults cannot deal with life; they look to their parent – the government – to make it all right.

To keep them safe.

And the walls of a prison grow around us all – but seen only by those whose minds have somehow not been crippled, who aren’t the functional equivalent of terrified child in desperate need of years of cognitive and emotional reparative therapy.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)