Thread: Anybody Remember TV Show Bonaza?

Red face Anybody Remember TV Show Bonaza?

I have started watching episodes of Bonanza since the beginning of the year. How it came about is that I was looking for tv programs that have Portuguese sub titles and there is a channel that features episodes of Bonanza. So to brush up on my Portuguese I started watching.

I really like the stories on Bonanza. The episodes all seem to have a little moral lesson which I think is good. They deal with human issues like freedom and property and civil rights. I found a short video interview with Loren Green where he reminisces about Bonanza. Below is the blurb written about the interview and the video

Lorne Greene on nature, love, responsibility, 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘻𝘢, more 1983. In this interview at his home actor Lorne Greene speaks eloquently about nature, love, and responsibility. He reflects on how his long-running TV series 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘻𝘢 evolved, voices his displeasure with 𝘊𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥, a series in which he portrayed a fire captain, and speaks enthusiastically about his award-winning wildlife documentary TV program, 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴. (1983) 🅲🅲 https://www.youtube.com/c/tvcrewguy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We watched it every week when we were kids.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    We watched it every week when we were kids.
    My family did too. I love the scenery on the show too. I also like the way they engaged with women.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Oh yeah, I watched it when I was growing up, and I totally agree with you. I have been watching the old episodes of another great series. called Gunsmoke.

Never heard of the show.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Oh yeah, I watched it when I was growing up, and I totally agree with you. I have been watching the old episodes of another great series. called Gunsmoke.
    LOL. I’ve been watching it too. There are some channels that are showing a lot of old western shows, many I had never heard of.

Most had a “moral” lesson of some sort, if you want to call it that, but damn, times have changed since then. The political incorrectness of some of them is pretty shocking in this age. The moral of one episode of a show (Have Gun, Will Travel) was pretty much “keep your women in line, they are crazy, and slap ‘em around a bit to show them who’s boss.” In the end, the woman goes from evil to happy because her man got the backbone to put her in her place. Variations of that theme show up in many of those shows. Surprised they aren't banned. Probably the only reason they aren't is that they are flying under the radar.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you like Bonanza, try The Waltons some time.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Pretty good show. Especially when compared to what's been on tv for the last two or three decades.

Lyon Himan Green aka The Voice of Canada.

Official war propagandists for the Canadians during WW2.

Also, a recording artist.

I always liked The Rifleman
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Taco Bell Bonanza commercial

"It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Bonanza = here-comes-monday to me

I see a lot of people watch the same re-run channels I do.
    I have mixed feelings about Bonanza. Sometimes I watch it, but it's always a little grudgingly because it's retained that Sunday night feel - that inevitable sense of sadness that comes with knowing that tomorrow is Monday and I'll have to get up and go to school. So many decades later, but I still get that pang of depression from Bonanza. Also as a kid I found the stories boring. The Wild, Wild West was my favorite western.

So does anyone else think MeTV's Westerns promo has a really cool song?

Everybody's got
    their weapons drawn!
    Hold your breath!
    Dar-lin'
    You're in
    The Wild West!

I swear, if I could buy the record, I would.
    No one knows who sings it and I'm not the only one who's tried to find out. The MeTV people won't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Never heard of the show.
    Here is one of my favorites Episodes Season 1 episode 5 "Enter Mark Twain"

The Cartwrights help Virginia City reporter Samuel Langhorne Clemens investigate suspected shady goings-on between a railroad company and a local judge. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0529553/
    It is about local politics and property rights for sure The charioteers really stand up for their property rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    When this show came out I was cutting way back on watching tv. I watched it some but back then I was super busy and traveling a lot. I think the men are more appealing on Bonanza than the Waltons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6
    I have mixed feelings about Bonanza. Sometimes I watch it, but it's always a little grudgingly because it's retained that Sunday night feel - that inevitable sense of sadness that comes with knowing that tomorrow is Monday and I'll have to get up and go to school. So many decades later, but I still get that pang of depression from Bonanza. Also as a kid I found the stories boring. The Wild, Wild West was my favorite western.
    I love the Wild Wild West very cool show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nite John-Boy, Nite Mary-Ellen.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Nite Grandpa. Grandpa? Grandpa! Somebody dial 9-1-1!
    I wanna know what Oyarde would say

Most girls my age back then had a crush on "little Joe" but, I liked Adam. I still like the way he relates to women in the show and it is interesting to analyze the type woman he goes after. Joe and Hoss are just too innocent and are more likely to become involved with hoes and scammers than Adam is.

Who ever went to the Ponderosa Ranch?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

As my old pappy used to say, work is fine for killin' time, but it's a shaky way to make a living.

As my old pappy used to say, a man does what he has to do - if he can't get out of it.

As my old pappy used to say, "Son, stay clear of weddings because one of them is liable to be your own."

As my old pappy used to say, a fox isn't sly; he just can't think any slower.

As my old pappy used to say, you can be a gentleman and still not forget all you know about self-defense.

Never cry over spilt milk. It could've been whiskey.

My Pappy always said, A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but one. A thousand to one is pretty good odds.

As my old pappy used to say, if at first you don't succeed, try something else.

Son, hard work never hurt anyone - who didn't do it.

As my pappy used to say, "Son, the best time to get lucky is when the other man's dealin'."

Son, as my old pappy used to say, if you're ever served a rare steak that is intended for someone else, don't bother with ethical details - eat as much as you can before the mistake is discovered.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-15-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ya'll are going to cuss me for getting this stuck in your head....

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I'm here and I love that show. The older I get, the more I appreciate the older shows. They have far more substance than today's shows.

- ML