Thread: Dr. Rand Paul Questions Dr. Fauci

Dr. Rand Paul Questions Dr. Fauci

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand was right it is Fauci's doom and gloom that the Media and Democrats are running with. They are striking fear in people to become dependent upon government for the answers, instead of presenting the facts and allow people to make their own minds up.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What would Fauci's opinion be if HE was locked down and was not getting paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What would Fauci's opinion be if HE was locked down and was not getting paid?
    Or had no food in his house for 14 days.

He would wet himself and scream for government to intervene. Most of these people who think they wield power are the biggest cowards.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Sen. Rand Paul spar over safety and death rates among children with coronav

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Sen. Rand Paul spar over safety and death rates among children with coronavirus - CNBC

Republican Sen. Rand Paul challenged one of the Trump administration’s top health advisors on the coronavirus pandemic, questioning why the U.S. shouldn’t reopen schools in the fall when relatively few children die from Covid-19.

“Shouldn’t we at least be discussing what the mortality of children is?” Paul asked White House coronavirus task force advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci during a Senate hearing Tuesday on reopening the economy. Paul then noted that the mortality rate of coronavirus patients age 0 to 18 “approaches zero” in New York where 12 children have died, according to the state health department. The notion of not sending students back to school in the fall is “really ridiculous,” he said.

At one point, Fauci countered: “I think we better be careful that we’re not cavalier, in thinking that children are completely immune to the deleterious effects.”

Paul’s challenge encapsulates the debate between elected officials eager to open up businesses and willing to accept the risk that more people will die, and public health experts committed to lowering infection rates and keeping the public as safe as possible.

“People are hurting and we’re destroying our country,” Paul told reporters outside the hearing room. “We’ve got to open up business we got to let people vote, and we’re not going to live in a perfect world without infectious disease, we’re still going to have it, but we got to open the economy and that’s the number one message I have.”

The Kentucky senator, an opthamologist, told Fauci he didn’t believe there would be a surge in cases if schools opened, which is not what public health experts say. Paul dismissed predictive models of the virus. “The history of this, when we look back, will be of wrong prediction after wrong prediction after wrong prediction,” Paul said.

Paul then targeted Fauci personally: “As much as I respect you Dr. Fauci, I don’t think you’re the end-all, I don’t think you’re the one person that gets to make the decision. We can listen to your advice. But there are people on the other side saying there won’t be a surge and we can safely open the economy.”

Fauci asked for a chance to respond, and pushed back.

“I never made myself out to be the end-all,” he said. “I’m a scientist, a physician, and a public health official. I give advice according to the best scientific evidence.”

He said other people have advised the U.S. of the “need to get the country back open again economically. I don’t give advice about economic things, I don’t give advice about anything other than public health.”

Fauci then turned Paul’s own phrasing on him. “You used the word we should be ‘humble’ about what we don’t know. I think that falls under the fact that we don’t know everything about this virus, and we really had better be very careful, particularly when it comes to children,” Fauci said.
    They let Fauci get the last word in, and it is obvious how the Media is framing this: Trump and co. want to save the economy, Fauci and co. want to save people's lives.

If they don't expose Fauci for his corruption and conflict of interest, they are going to lose this debate, because the American public has been trained to worship medical doctors.

Interesting that Fauci is toning down his rhetoric on vaccines. I am sure he is aware of the avalanche of press linking him to Bill Gates and his agenda....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I found that very disappointing; Rand's just repeating GOP talking points (watch Hannity, $#@!er, other dummies).

The GOP wants to downplay the thing because otherwise Trump looks bad.

And the Dems wants to overplay it because it makes Trump look bad.

It's monstrous that these are the people actually running policy: nitwits, morons, clowns.

Thank God it's not a really serious disease, or other disaster; we'd be quite screwed.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-12-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Thank God it's not a really serious disease, or other disaster; we'd be quite screwed.
    Oh, the disease may not be out to screw us, but somebody is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, the disease may not be out to screw us, but somebody is.

That's generally so.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Or had no food in his house for 14 days.

He would wet himself and scream for government to intervene. Most of these people who think they wield power are the biggest cowards.
    That would be his first reaction. But if he was locked down by the government and couldn't receive any government benefits he'd be screaming for the government to END the lockdown.

My point is 100% of the people in favor of a continued lockdown HAVE jobs or are getting government benefits. In other words 100% of the people in favor of a continued lockdown are hypocrites because they haven't had to make any sacrifices.

That would be his first reaction. But if he was locked down by the government and couldn't receive any government benefits he'd be screaming for the government to END the lockdown.

My point is 100% of the people in favor of a continued lockdown HAVE jobs or are getting government benefits. In other words 100% of the people in favor of a continued lockdown are hypocrites because they haven't had to make any sacrifices.
    Oh I absolutely agree with you. I work with people who are drawing a paycheck and they all think what would another month hurt for people to let this virus go away for the good of the our country. I am constantly bucking against their idea and explain that it is easy for them to say they want others to sacrifice for the greater good. <----I hate that word but use it because they use it. I also drive home that an economic crash will have a domino effect and that we will be the last dominos to fall, but fall nonetheless. I also ask them how prepared are they, if these lockdowns continue? I got a few of them to stop and think about it, and they may not be so quick to see other people's constitutional rights stomped on.

This is exactly why I hate when politicians say we're all in this together. Easy for them to say that when they still have a salary and are getting government benefits. They should sacrifice their salary so that they can be on an equal footing with everybody thats currently unemployed. Of course politicans won't do that due to how narcissistic they are.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Team Fauci/Pelosi/Trump's dream is to get everyone infected with a Warp Speed TDS vaccine before the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again