May 2020

ID2020 Alliance has elected Kim Gagné as the chairman of its board of directors on a four-year term.
Gagné is currently Senior Counselor with advisory and advocacy communications consultancy APCO Worldwide, and replaces The Honorable Gary Connile, former Prime Minister of Haiti, as chairman. Gagné is also Executive Director of the European Cloud Alliance. He brings extensive communications, government relations, diplomacy and law experience to the role.

“Kim understands that technology, when ethically applied, can be transformative. It can enhance access to vital public services, enable people to exercise their rights as citizens and voters, and participate in the modern economy,” comments ID2020 Executive Director Dakota Gruener. “During these uncertain times, we look forward to Kim’s thoughtful leadership as we navigate our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and determine our strategic direction for the future.” (emphasis mine)

Gagné was previously a member of Microsoft’s Corporate, External and Legal Affairs group, and has served as a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State.

“Digital identity has the potential to transform the lives of more than one billion people around the world, providing access to critical political, social, and economic opportunities. I am excited to join the ID2020 Alliance as the organization champions the development of ethical, privacy-protecting digital identity solutions,” states Gagné.

“I am especially keen to support the organization as it establishes new collaborations with governments, technology companies, and civil society organizations to facilitate the return of individuals to the workplace and public life in the wake of the global pandemic.” (emphasis mine)

https://www.biometricupdate.com/2020...air-for-id2020