Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Boot Vermin Supreme from the LP

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Libertarians are such collectivists.

Absolutely should not be forced out.

I am still owed a pony.

Ok, he wears a boot on his head. But where does he stand on the issues?

Spike Cohen, Supreme's running mate, remarked that their campaign is "perfectly serious". Explaining the campaign's message, Cohen said, "it's the system that's a joke and it treats us as a joke and it treats the idea of having more than two options as a joke. We're changing the punch line by trolling the system."[21]

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I want a free pony from Supreme.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I want a free pony from Supreme.
    The current mess in D.C. is talking about a $2000 a month hand out, maybe you can buy one with that. Might even get to make payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The current mess in D.C. is talking about a $2000 a month hand out, maybe you can buy one with that. Might even get to make payments.
    If I'm getting $2k I'd spent it on a tiger, not a pony.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

One of the many reasons why the LP is not taken seriously... unfortunately.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    One of the many reasons why the LP is not taken seriously... unfortunately.
    They could have a sitting congressman run LP for the first time ever and you oppose that. Pot is calling the kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Absolutely should not be forced out.

I am still owed a pony.

meh, I already got one.

Last edited by Danke; 05-10-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Forward, into a zombie powered future!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I think he's the perfect symbol of the clown show the LP is.
    They should keep him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    They could have a sitting congressman run LP for the first time ever and you oppose that.
    Depends on the situation.

Last night Justin Amash, the presumed LP nominee for President, was featured in a debate hosted by the LP of Kentucky. National attention was on this debate with thousands of people watching. However, there was Vermin Supreme being given a stage next to a host of serious candidates running for President.
    Is there a youtube of this??

YES!

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think he's the perfect symbol of the clown show the LP is.
    They should keep him.
    More or less of a clown show than the GOP?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    More or less of a clown show than the GOP?
    Is there a difference? The LP never had any clowns until the CFR/CIA decided to send them GOP clowns.

Can you say Bob Barr?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-11-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is there a difference? The LP never had any clowns until the CFR/CIA decided to send them GOP clowns.

Can you say Bob Barr?
    Can you say Bob Dole?

We need more vermin and less trumpkins.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

If you gave him sarawarks job it would be an improvement .

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Another genius idea about how to make the party smaller. See because the reason the LP isn't big is because its got too many of the wrong people in it.

Its a big-tent party don't you know. Nearly 15,000 get the news letter.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

The natural background rate of libertarians is about 2.1%.

There should be 4 million or so registered libertarians, that's without changing anything.

That is what was special about Ron Paul, he appealed to more than the 2%. LP has 0.005% of the population. At a time when people are gathering at extremes.

In NZ the libertarian party reliably hits their 2% base, sometimes up to 6%.

Maybe Matt should get on Tiktok?
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Ok, he wears a boot on his head. But where does he stand on the issues?

Spike Cohen, Supreme's running mate, remarked that their campaign is "perfectly serious". Explaining the campaign's message, Cohen said, "it's the system that's a joke and it treats us as a joke and it treats the idea of having more than two options as a joke. We're changing the punch line by trolling the system."[21]
    Trump gets it. Why are the LP still acting like its the 1970s?
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Maybe Matt should get on Tiktok?
    That's an excellent idea.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Trump gets it. Why are the LP still acting like its the 1970s?
    Idk, maybe that's the last time they had a serious candidate like Vermin Supreme?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libert...tates)#History
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 05-12-2020 at 07:18 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I personally love Vermin Supreme. Yes it is an act, but even the character of Vermin Supreme is more articulate and intelligent than Trump or Biden. KEEP VERMIN! He belongs in the LP Hall of Fame.

I pledge to vote for VS if he is the LP nominee. Seriously.

I think the libertarian party is a joke. I used to have some hope that they would get their act together but, I see no evidence of it.

Inarresting times.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think the libertarian party is a joke. I used to have some hope that they would get their act together but, I see no evidence of it.
    Both other parties are Bad Jokes as well.

That is how a New York Democrat got elected as a Republican.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast