Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 222

Thread: Why the murderers of Ahmaud Arbery need to be prosecuted

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Displaying a gun can be considered an act of aggression which makes Arbery the one defending himself even if he lunges and swings first.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I don't think you can go after someone over theft since there isn't force used. If it was a robbery then he could.

    Keep hearing that the B and E into the unoccupied house was a felony and therefore a citizens arrest is legal.
    Displaying a gun is not in itself an act of aggression and theft does require force, any libertarian will tell you that.

    Whether going after them was the smart thing to do can be debated - but it was legal, moral and ethical. They witnessed him commit a felony and they asked him to stop so the police could come. They did not even use physical force to get him to stop, even though that was completely within their rights under the law. So they did not go nearly as far as they would be allowed under the law.

    I'm not sure if you read this entire thread, but it has already been determined what happened here, and it isn't being reported. So unless you follow Molyneux, you will have to read this thread where I described what happened. Did you read that part? Here's a short version..

    The father was previously a police investigator and had faced down Arbery in court several years prior. Arbery had two strikes, so this felony would have landed him a life sentence.

    So Arbery comes running out of the house that he was robbing, and who comes up to him? The police investigator who faced him down in court several years prior. So first he runs, and they go around the block to cut him off at the pass. As he is running, he realizes that he can't run anymore, because he was spotted by somebody who knows his name and as far as he knows is still a law enforcement officer. So when he sees them again, he could have run away, but instead he charges the truck, goes around the side and tries to take the gun so he can murder the father and son to get rid of the witnesses.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    He was previously charged with bringing firearm to school, on probation and broke probation by stealing. So we know he steals and has a gun or is capable of carrying a gun. The media of course does not want to mention his previous crimes and only wants everyone to think of him as an innocent jogger.

    The white guy (dad) was involved in a case pertaining to Ahbery in the past so its very possible he knows exactly what this kid is capable of (potential prior knowledge of him bringing a firearm to school = he may be carrying).

    But yea if anybody wants to believe he was just jogging for several hours getting chaffed by his cargo shorts and snooping into houses, you can also believe Trayvon Martin's girlfriend was not a fake witness.

    Aside from all of that, its obvious one of these men should've been carrying pepper spray and having that as a first line of defense.
    They should be tried with all available evidence, of course. You don't just shoot someone and call it a day.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-11-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF :
    DNCIA-SB (Soros, Brennan)
    CLINTON-PELO-SCHIFF
    NYT-CNN-SOCIALIST

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    They already confessed to an unlawful arrest. That may not technically be kidnapping, but close enough for me.
    wait what? They confessed to an unlawful arrest?! If so, that does it. Georgia's self defense laws do not apply when one initiates the situation.

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Displaying a gun can be considered an act of aggression which makes Arbery the one defending himself even if he lunges and swings first.
    pointing a gun can be considered an act of aggression. Displaying a gun is innocuous in a society with the right to bear arms.

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    did this guy read my posts?

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    did this guy read my posts?
    You'll have to be more specific.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Displaying a gun is not in itself an act of aggression
    Displaying a gun can be an act of aggression. Depends on what else is going on. Which was the point I tried to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    and theft does require force, any libertarian will tell you that.
    Which is why I made the distinction between theft, which does not use force and a robbery which does use force. If it's robbery the citizens arrest applies, which was the point I was trying to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Whether going after them was the smart thing to do can be debated - but it was legal, moral and ethical. They witnessed him commit a felony and they asked him to stop so the police could come. They did not even use physical force to get him to stop, even though that was completely within their rights under the law. So they did not go nearly as far as they would be allowed under the law.
    I haven't heard what was said. They could have said stop or we'll shoot you. And why get out with a shotgun if they weren't planning on using force?

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm not sure if you read this entire thread, but it has already been determined what happened here, and it isn't being reported. So unless you follow Molyneux, you will have to read this thread where I described what happened. Did you read that part? Here's a short version..

    The father was previously a police investigator and had faced down Arbery in court several years prior. Arbery had two strikes, so this felony would have landed him a life sentence.

    So Arbery comes running out of the house that he was robbing, and who comes up to him? The police investigator who faced him down in court several years prior. So first he runs, and they go around the block to cut him off at the pass. As he is running, he realizes that he can't run anymore, because he was spotted by somebody who knows his name and as far as he knows is still a law enforcement officer. So when he sees them again, he could have run away, but instead he charges the truck, goes around the side and tries to take the gun so he can murder the father and son to get rid of the witnesses.
    The last part is a little shaky but it could be true. And so is this - You mean goes around the side and tries to take the gun so he can defend himself until police arrived.

    I still don't know if going into an unoccupied house is a felony. I've heard it both ways. That going in isn't a felony, you have to prove intent. Seems reasonable. Is there proof his intent was to rob?

    My take is he wasn't going to rob places in broad daylight especially without a getaway vehicle nearby. I think he was a spotter or planned to come back later himself. In the fuzzy pic of what looks like a hammer which is something he is accused of taking, if he did take it, it was impulsive as I don't think he planned to take anything imo. Any mention of it on a 911 call or was it after the fact?

  10. #98
    White supremacist threatens a “mass shooting” of Arbery supporters!

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ry-supporters/

    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) recently announced that it has arrested a 20-year-old man for allegedly making threats towards supporters of Ahmaud Arbery
    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg

    Photo of white supremacist:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rashawn-Smith-arrested-in-Ahmaud-Arbery-hate-hoax-640x480.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	7522
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-12-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  11. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    wait what? They confessed to an unlawful arrest?! If so, that does it. Georgia's self defense laws do not apply when one initiates the situation.
    Want I'm trying to say, anything you say to the police can and will be used against you. Nothing will be used to help you. The article I read reported they conducted a citizens arrest because he matched a description of a suspect. It could be fake news and I can't find the article, so it might have been pulled due to B.S.

    If the defense can show the contact was legal, I think they get an good verdict. If McMichael told police he conducted a citizens arrest because he matched the description, that is very bad for McMichael.

    I don't have any skin in the game, just interested in the legal aspect only. I don't care about the racial or political issues surrounding the case at all.

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Want I'm trying to say, anything you say to the police can and will be used against you. Nothing will be used to help you. The article I read reported they conducted a citizens arrest because he matched a description of a suspect. It could be fake news and I can't find the article, so it might have been pulled due to B.S.

    If the defense can show the contact was legal, I think they get an good verdict. If McMichael told police he conducted a citizens arrest because he matched the description, that is very bad for McMichael.

    I don't have any skin in the game, just interested in the legal aspect only. I don't care about the racial or political issues surrounding the case at all.
    Doesn't it all depend on Gregory McMichaels 911 call. If he said we see a guy running out of a house AND he might be the one who has done previous burglaries. It's about going after someone they think has just committed a crime. The other burglaries are after the fact.

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Doesn't it all depend on Gregory McMichaels 911 call. If he said we see a guy running out of a house AND he might be the one who has done previous burglaries. It's about going after someone they think has just committed a crime. The other burglaries are after the fact.
    Speaking of "other burglaries", here is a video of Arbery robbing the same construction site in October 2019.

    As of now, this is the only place I can find it on youtube..

    23:00

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #102
    Wow... and here we go.

    We can thank jmdrake in part for pushing the BS mainstream media narrative, which was only designed to start a race war.

    Elderly Couple Shot in Revenge of Arbery By Sniper in Cemetery

    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...st-responders/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  15. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Doesn't it all depend on Gregory McMichaels 911 call. If he said we see a guy running out of a house AND he might be the one who has done previous burglaries. It's about going after someone they think has just committed a crime. The other burglaries are after the fact.
    That depends on how good the defense attorneys are. The really question is will the state act ethically and share all the discovery evidence with the defense? Because this case is so charged with race and politics, I expect the state to hide evidence to get a conviction and avoid the consequences of a not guilty conviction.

  16. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Speaking of "other burglaries", here is a video of Arbery robbing the same construction site in October 2019.

    As of now, this is the only place I can find it on youtube..

    23:00

    He just enjoys night-jogging.
    /sarc



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    That depends on how good the defense attorneys are. The really question is will the state act ethically and share all the discovery evidence with the defense? Because this case is so charged with race and politics, I expect the state to hide evidence to get a conviction and avoid the consequences of a not guilty conviction.
    What is more likely to happen is that the jury will see all of the evidence, testimony and be given a review of Georgia's laws and statues related to citizen's arrest and they will let them off.

    Then the media will rile everybody up and say how the government is ok with white people murdering black people in cold blood and our justice system is racist. And something about Trump.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  19. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow... and here we go.

    We can thank jmdrake in part for pushing the BS mainstream media narrative, which was only designed to start a race war.

    Elderly Couple Shot in Revenge of Arbery By Sniper in Cemetery

    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...st-responders/
    We have no idea what that shooting was about. Another case to wait for facts before jumping to conclusions.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  20. #107

    https://twitter.com/AmandiOnAir/stat...17447061303296
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  21. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow... and here we go.

    We can thank jmdrake in part for pushing the BS mainstream media narrative, which was only designed to start a race war.

    And you're not?

    Rather hypocritical, dontcha think?
    There is no spoon.

  22. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Speaking of "other burglaries", here is a video of Arbery robbing the same construction site in October 2019.
    What does this have to do with whether or not the McMichaels can execute Arbery in May of 2020?
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  23. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What does this have to do with whether or not the McMichaels can execute Arbery in May of 2020?
    You should watch the video of what actually happened, because it is very clear you did not watch it yourself.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  24. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    And you're not?

    Rather hypocritical, dontcha think?
    What? No, I'm not pushing the BS mainstream media narrative, which was designed to start a race war.

    I am trying to prevent a race war by accurately portraying the series of events that took place rather than making $#@! up and lying. You should try it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  25. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What does this have to do with whether or not the McMichaels can execute Arbery in May of 2020?
    My top priority in this case is to show that the mainstream media narrative that these were white supremacists who were hunting down an innocent black guy jogging through his neighborhood is complete bull$#@!.

    One video shows him walking through the neighborhood, then sprinting into the house. After a few minutes, someone on the street sees him and yells at him and he runs out. That is when the incident began.

    What the two videos show is that he was repeatedly going into the neighborhood that was having problems with crime and entering premises illegally and had been doing so for months.

    This discredits the whole idea that he was just "jogging through his neighborhood".

    Since the McMichaels witnessed him in the commission of committing a crime, they had every right to go and do a citizens arrest - up to and including using force to hold him down until police arrive. They waived their rights to use force and simply armed themselves and asked him politically to stop so they could talk to him. He ran off, and realized that he was screwed and had been spotted by a police officer who knew who he was, so instead of running away from the truck when they cut him off at the pass, he ran towards it and tried to steal their guns and execute them because he was facing a third strike and a life sentence in prison.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-12-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #113
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...S&q=race%20war

    Its May AKA Racial antagonism month. Since 2004 the media has deliberately inflamed racial tensions every May.

    If the McMichaels had immediate knowledge that Arbery was a felon in flight, they were within their rights to pursue and detain him. Its really that simple. The available evidence indicates this is a possibility. However, the archetypal value of this story with regards to stoking racial tensions is too great. I don't know much, but I do know the McMichaels didn't hunt Arbery down in cold blood, and execute him. Because, even the deliberately limited video evidence that has been released SHOWS this.
    Last edited by bv3; 05-12-2020 at 01:45 PM.

  28. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...S&q=race%20war

    Its May AKA Racial antagonism month. Since 2004 the media has deliberately inflamed racial tensions every May.

    If the McMichaels had immediate knowledge that Arbery was a felon in flight, they were within their rights to pursue and detain him. Its really that simple. The available evidence indicates this is a possibility. However, the archetypal value of this story with regards to stoking racial tensions is too great. I don't know much, but I do know the McMichaels didn't hunt Arbery down in cold blood, and execute him. Because, even the deliberately limited video evidence that has been released SHOWS this.
    The thing is, it doesn't matter if he actually stole something from the site, if he trespassed with the intent to steal something that is a felony. Furthermore, the only requirement the McMichaels had was that they has reasonable cause to believe that he was committing a felony..

    For example, if somebody comes into the store with a loose jacket, acting suspicious, pretend to put something in their jacket and run out of the store and the security guard detains them and waits for the police to arrive, it matters not whether they actually took something if there is reasonable suspicion that they took something.

    It is pretty clear that the McMichaels had reasonable suspicion to assume that he had committed a crime since the son saw him in the house, and then saw him run out of the house.

    Now, we also have evidence from another thread that there was a power tool on the ground where the car drove by, and I had heard something about hammer as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  29. #115
    Insane that with the new footage released yesterday of Ahbery paying several unwelcomed "visits" same house under construction over a period of time, still has not changed anybody's mind, even here.

    RPF'ers biting hard onto MSM racial outrage narrative hook line and sinker.
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF :
    DNCIA-SB (Soros, Brennan)
    CLINTON-PELO-SCHIFF
    NYT-CNN-SOCIALIST

  30. #116
    Another outrage. This will be big! This racist white man hunted down this black woman and got away with shooting her in the head! Now they released him! There needs to be an investigation of the officials involved.

    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  31. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Another outrage. This will be big! This racist white man hunted down this black woman and got away with shooting her in the head! Now they released him! There needs to be an investigation of the officials involved.


    https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1260344648360325121
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  32. #118
    Has there been any confirmation on how far away he actually lived?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  33. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Has there been any confirmation on how far away he actually lived?
    I heard it was 10 miles if you google map it, that's almost an entire marathon round trip.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  34. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The thing is, it doesn't matter if he actually stole something from the site, if he trespassed with the intent to steal something that is a felony. Furthermore, the only requirement the McMichaels had was that they has reasonable cause to believe that he was committing a felony..

    For example, if somebody comes into the store with a loose jacket, acting suspicious, pretend to put something in their jacket and run out of the store and the security guard detains them and waits for the police to arrive, it matters not whether they actually took something if there is reasonable suspicion that they took something.

    It is pretty clear that the McMichaels had reasonable suspicion to assume that he had committed a crime since the son saw him in the house, and then saw him run out of the house.

    Now, we also have evidence from another thread that there was a power tool on the ground where the car drove by, and I had heard something about hammer as well.
    Intent is a difficult thing to prove. Particularly when a Jury is going to be predisposed to not find intent.



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-12-2020, 11:20 PM
  2. Why does RPF love defending murderers?
    By eduardo89 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 06:33 AM
  3. The Murderers of Christianity by Pat Buchanan
    By bobbyw24 in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •