Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Why the murderers of Ahmaud Arbery need to be prosecuted

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    My POV is 1st, you'd better KNOW, not "think" & 2nd talking to someone is one thing, chasing them down with trucks & guns is a whole different ballgame.
    I'm aware of the right of citizen's arrest- but looking inside a unfinished building structure, which most of us have done, is questionable grounds for stalking someone. Plus, if tools are actually being stolen, then any smart person would make sure stuff was locked up & safe.
    Are you reading the thread?

Arbery was caught on the camera multiple times, including in the middle of the night. They were aware of the video, the police were passing his photo around the neighborhood. The videos where he was caught coincided with multiple other robberies in the neighborhood.

Travis actually had an in person incident with Arbery at about 4am one morning when he pulled his truck up and saw him coming out of the house. He got out of his truck, and Arbery reached under his waistband and Travis fled. The police asked the McMichaels to come over to the property armed to help clear the area and make sure he wasn't on any adjacent properties.

THEY KNEW FOR A FACT this was him that they had been looking for.. the only reason the court ruled the way they did was because the judge ruled that their "probable cause" from the prior incident had extinguished, and they did not personally witness him on the property that day - though a neighbor had informed him that he saw him on the property, and they saw him running from the property.

Sorry, I'm calling bull$#@! on all of this. They were convicted on a technicality and the Judge was mis-interpreting the civil arrest statute. They had MORE than probable cause that this was the guy, in fact it was almost 100% certainty in their eyes, and we know it now to be 100% certain.

That can be determined as "stalking". "The crime of stalking can be simply described as the unwanted pursuit of another person."

Also, if 3 black guys were following you in their trucks would you just calmly stand there & ask them what they wanted or would you take off & try to get out of sight?
    If 3 black guys were following me after I came out of a house in their neighborhood that I wasn't authorized to be in, and they saw video camera footage of me going onto the property multiple times in the middle of the night and there were thefts coinciding with all those incidents??? Yes, they would absolutely have a right to follow me, with guns..
    Last edited by dannno; 11-28-2021 at 01:47 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Question, the house that Arbery was in, had he been in it previously?

Had things been stolen from the house?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Are there any similarities between this incident and Zimmerman/Martin?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...life-in-prison

A judge in Georgia sentenced Travis McMichael, Gregory McMichael and William “Roddie” Bryan to life in prison on Friday for the murder of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man who was running through their mostly white neighborhood in February 2020 when they chased him down and killed him.

The Rev Al Sharpton arrives with Ahmaud Arbery's parents, Wanda Cooper-Jones, left, and Marcus Arbery, right, at the Glynn county courthouse.
    Ahmaud Arbery murder: trial laid bare America’s faultlines on race
    Read more
    Murder carries a mandatory life sentence under Georgia law unless prosecutors seek the death penalty, which they opted against for Arbery’s killing.

For the judge, Timothy Walmsley, the main decision was whether to grant father and son Greg McMichael, 66, and Travis McMichael, 35, and their neighbor, Bryan, 52, a chance to earn parole.
    The McMichaels will spend the rest of their lives in prison. Walmsley ruled that Bryan could seek parole after 30 years, the minimum sentence allowed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/22/a...te-crime-jury/

Jury Finds Killers Of Ahmaud Arbery Guilty Of Hate Crimes

A federal jury in Georgia found the three men who murdered Ahmaud Arbery guilty of hate crimes Tuesday.

Travis McMichael, his father Greg McMichael and their neighbor William Bryan were found guilty on all counts after the jury determined that race was a motivating factor when they chased down and shot a 25-year-old black man, Arbery, in February 2020. The trio was already found guilty of murder during a state trial in November 2021.

The jury deliberated for four hours on the charges that the three men kidnapped Arbery, violated his civil rights, and in the case of the McMichaels, used a firearm to commit a crime, according to NPR. They will have 14 days to file appeals before sentencing, at which point they face a maximum of life in prison.

Prosecutors spent four days of the trial calling witnesses who recounted racist interactions with the defendants, as well as highlighting racially insensitive content from their digital communications in the past, in order to prove to the jury that the men committed their crimes due to racial motivation.

“If Ahmaud was another white person jogging, would this have happened in the way that it did?,” prosecutor Christopher Perras asked during closing arguments.

(RELATED: Deputy Resigns After Calling Arbery A ‘Criminal’ Who ‘Got The Death Penalty’)

The defense argued that the three men would have pursued a white man in the same situation and that they had legitimate reason to do so. All three defendants have already been sentenced to life in prison for the prior convictions: the McMichaels without the possibility for parole and Bryan with the possibility.

The defense argued that the three men would have pursued a white man in the same situation and that they had legitimate reason to do so.

I have zero doubt in my mind that this is 100% true..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If they had sentenced him to death, they would have dug him up and killed him again.

Man Who Fatally Shot Ahmaud Arbery Gets Life in Prison for Hate Crime

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022...or-hate-crime/

AMY FURR 8 Aug 2022

The man who shot Ahmaud Arbery received a sentence Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, of life in prison on charges of committing a federal hate crime.

U.S. District Court Judge Lisa Godbey Wood handed down the sentence for Travis McMichael. However, McMichael was previously sentenced to life without parole regarding Arbery’s murder, the Associated Press (AP) reported Monday.

The outlet continued:
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415