Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul Accuses Kentucky Governor of Acting Like a Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    She is irrelevant to this conversation, and she had to have help from those in power, the Texas Supreme Court for example.
    She didn't have help until after she engaged in civil disobedience. The outcry over her treatment is what caused the Governor, Lt Governor and Texas Supreme Court to act.

We should appeal to those with power, like Trump.
    I appeal to Trump to keep his hands off the 2nd amendment. He has shown he cannot be trusted with martial law. He hasn't even had the guts to #firefauci. And when Georgia announced it was opening up, Trump attacked the governor for extending the re-open to salons. Under Trump's advice the salon owner in Texas still wouldn't have been allowed to open. And that is who you want people to appeal to? The Apostle Paul was told he would not escape Rome if he appealed to Ceaser. He did so anyway. He ended up beheaded for his troubles.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL
    Trump is not going to implement any Red Flag laws and the Governor will if a Republican form of government is not restored.
    Yeah...just like he's not going to implement a bumpfire stock ban....oh wait.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    She didn't have help until after she engaged in civil disobedience. The outcry over her treatment is what caused the Governor, Lt Governor and Texas Supreme Court to act.

I appeal to Trump to keep his hands off the 2nd amendment. He has shown he cannot be trusted with martial law. He hasn't even had the guts to #firefauci. And when Georgia announced it was opening up, Trump attacked the governor for extending the re-open to salons. Under Trump's advice the salon owner in Texas still wouldn't have been allowed to open. And that is who you want people to appeal to? The Apostle Paul was told he would not escape Rome if he appealed to Ceaser. He did so anyway. He ended up beheaded for his troubles.
    Has anyone (INCLUDING TRUMP) said not to engage in civil disobedience?

Trump has only issued ADVICE, no mandates. And he has also warned (along with his AG) that governors should not violate the rights of their citizens, guns have nothing to do with this and Trump is not going to take any guns.
    Paul is irrelevant.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah...just like he's not going to implement a bumpfire stock ban....oh wait.
    Anything he may do he will do or not whether he overthrows the tyrant governors or not.
    You love to bring up irrelevancies when you are losing the argument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Has anyone (INCLUDING TRUMP) said not to engage in civil disobedience?

Trump has only issued ADVICE, no mandates. And he has also warned (along with his AG) that governors should not violate the rights of their citizens, guns have nothing to do with this and Trump is not going to take any guns.
    Paul is irrelevant.
    You said what the salon owner did was irrelevant. I happen to disagree.

Anything he may do he will do or not whether he overthrows the tyrant governors or not.
    You love to bring up irrelevancies when you are losing the argument.
    I don't think bringing up abuses of the constitution by the man you are wanting to implement martial law is irrelevant.

Interestingly enough the same Rand Paul who rejects the idea that the governor of KY has absolute power of his citizens has also rejected the idea that Donald Trump has absolute power over the states.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/ran...y-over-states/

And again, Trump spoke against the governor of Georgia allowing salons to re-open.

Interestingly enough the same Rand Paul who rejects the idea that the governor of KY has absolute power of his citizens has also rejected the idea that Donald Trump has absolute power over the states.

And again, Trump spoke against the governor of Georgia allowing salons to re-open.
    Nobody said trump has absolute power over the states, but he does have the power and the duty to restore a Republican form of government.
    And Trump gave an OPINION about Georgia, meanwhile he spoke out in favor of the protestors in Michigan, the same protestors Amash criticized.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think bringing up abuses of the constitution by the man you are wanting to implement martial law is irrelevant.
    They are irrelevant because they do not have to do with the issue of state governors taking absolute dictatorial powers and implementing Martial Law.
    If Trump imposes Martial Law in order to restore a Republican form of government on a state that is already in Martial Law under the governor there is no risk and only potential for increased liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They are irrelevant because they do not have to do with the issue of state governors taking absolute dictatorial powers and implementing Martial Law.
    If Trump imposes Martial Law in order to restore a Republican form of government on a state that is already in Martial Law under the governor there is no risk and only potential for increased liberty.
    Not buying that shuck & jive malarkey, no sale.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Not buying that shuck & jive malarkey, no sale.

Keep supporting the Tyrant governors, Amash is proud of you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Keep supporting the Tyrant governors, Amash is proud of you.
    I hear ya Mitt, but I still ain't buying that broken down wreck Donnell.

I hear ya Mitt, but I still ain't buying that broken down wreck Donnell.
    It has become pretty obvious you will never buy into anyone... ever... Not even Jesus Christ himself if he ran for President.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Don't you see? We can TRUST Trump. He'll donthe right thing. Unless, of course, the deep state sends him to his room. Because remember that almost every single time Trump has failed to do the right thing it was because, we were told, the deep state wiuldn't let him. But hey, this time it'll be different for sure.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    It has become pretty obvious you will never buy into anyone... ever... Not even Jesus Christ himself if he ran for President.
    it''s pretty obvious that you're suffering from swordy syndrome, aka TDS.

If you're trying to get me to vote for some mainstream jagoff like Mitt, Donnell or Juan McCain you can forget it, I'll never vote for evil even with a D or an R.

it''s pretty obvious that you're suffering from swordy syndrome, aka TDS.

If you're trying to get me to vote for some mainstream jagoff like Mitt, Donnell or Juan McCain you can forget it, I'll never vote for evil even with a D or an R.
    Just sharing how to troll a troll... lol

Really man... You will never be satisfied... Yours is not a problem with the who, it is a problem with any rules at all period. And if it would work I would be right behind you 100%. But IT WON'T WORK, and it is pretty simple, you are barking up a tree you will never ever be able to climb.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Thumbs down Bushbot revival 2020

Just sharing how to troll a troll... lol

Really man... You will never be satisfied... Yours is not a problem with the who, it is a problem with any rules at all period. And if it would work I would be right behind you 100%. But IT WON'T WORK, and it is pretty simple, you are barking up a tree you will never ever be able to climb.
    You don't get it, and you probably never will. You aim for defeat and you are gonna hit that mark.

It's a losing strategy and you seem to be loving it.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 05-09-2020 at 09:06 PM.

If Beshear continues to ignore judgements from the Federal Courts, the Federal Government will have to step in at some point.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't get it, and you probably never will. You aim for defeat and you are gonna hit that mark.

It's a losing strategy and you seem to be loving it.

And 200 years later where are we and what have you done to make a noticeable change? Nothing, it is a train out of control. So we can figure out how to not fall off or just jump and get it over with... I ain't jumping and will ride it out...

And 200 years later where are we and what have you done to make a noticeable change? Nothing, it is a train out of control. So we can figure out how to not fall off or just jump and get it over with... I ain't jumping and will ride it out...
    We defeated the Reconquista Republican Bush amnesty, a BF'nD. Juan McCrazy was also defeated. You ain't done NOTHING except screw over America & the world. A pox upon your D&R party.

We defeated the Reconquista Republican Bush amnesty, a BF'nD. Juan McCrazy was also defeated. You ain't done NOTHING except screw over America & the world. A pox upon your D&R party.
    How do you know? Do you know me or if I even voted since Ron Paul? No... You don't know $#@!. You are inventing $#@! in your own delusional head once again. Stop that... Do you ever give benefit of the doubt? No... everyone but you is an $#@!.

Know what they say? When you think everyone around you is an $#@!, you may want to take a long look at yourself as the real and true cause... And you just might be the one in the wrong...

Arrow Lies, lies, I can't believe a word you say

How do you know? Do you know me or if I even voted since Ron Paul? No... You don't know $#@!. You are inventing $#@! in your own delusional head once again. Stop that... Do you ever give benefit of the doubt? No... everyone but you is an $#@!.

Know what they say? When you think everyone around you is an $#@!, you may want to take a long look at yourself as the real and true cause... And you just might be the one in the wrong...
    I know you made up a bunch of lies about me. That's the neocon way.

"Lie, cheat & steal" neocon President Trump's Sec of State, Mike Pompeo. Everyone expects you neocons to lie, carry on.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 05-09-2020 at 10:27 PM.

I didn't know that "states rights" was a libertarian position. Slavery was not libertarian, neither was Jim Crow. The 10th amendment must be interpreted in light of the 9th.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Also every state has its own version of the bill of rights. Check out the Kentucky bill of rights.

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/constitution

Section 1 ... Rights of life, liberty, worship, pursuit of safety and happiness, free speech, acquiring and protecting property, peaceable assembly, redress of grievances, bearing arms.
    Section 2 ... Absolute and arbitrary power denied.
    Section 3 ... Men are equal -- No exclusive grant except for public services -- Property not to be exempted from taxation -- Grants revocable.
    Section 4 ... Power inherent in the people -- Right to alter, reform, or abolish government.
    Section 5 ... Right of religious freedom.
    Section 6 ... Elections to be free and equal.
    Section 7 ... Right of trial by jury.
    Section 8 ... Freedom of speech and of the press.
    Section 9 ... Truth may be given in evidence in prosecution for publishing matters proper for public information -- Jury to try law and facts in libel prosecutions.
    Section 10 ... Security from search and seizure -- Conditions of issuance of warrant.
    Section 11 ... Rights of accused in criminal prosecution -- Change of venue.
    Section 12 ... Indictable offense not to be prosecuted by information -- Exceptions.
    Section 13 ... Double jeopardy -- Property not to be taken for public use without compensation.
    Section 14 ... Right of judicial remedy for injury -- Speedy trial.
    Section 15 ... Laws to be suspended only by General Assembly.
    Section 16 ... Right to bail -- Habeas corpus.
    Section 17 ... Excessive bail or fine, or cruel punishment, prohibited.
    Section 18 ... Imprisonment for debt restricted.
    Section 19 ... Ex post facto law or law impairing contract forbidden -- Rules of construction for mineral deeds relating to coal extraction.
    Section 20 ... Attainder, operation of restricted.
    Section 21 ... Descent in case of suicide or casualty.
    Section 22 ... Standing armies restricted -- Military subordinate to civil -- Quartering soldiers restricted.
    Section 23 ... No office of nobility or hereditary distinction, or for longer than a term of years.
    Section 24 ... Emigration to be free.
    Section 25 ... Slavery and involuntary servitude forbidden.
    Section 26 ... General powers subordinate to Bill of Rights -- Laws contrary thereto are void.

Now the question comes, what should a free people do about an out of control state government? One is to appeal to the feds for relief. Good luck with that! The other is to ask smaller units of government to resist state tyranny. For instance there are sheriffs in Virginia who have vowed not to enforce the state's newly enacted gun control laws. But ultimately what happens in Kentucky is up to the people of Kentucky. How many have decided "enough is enough" and are willing to go against the lockdown? Who is willing to be like the salon owner in Texas who chose civil disobedience and jail rather than just sitting back and watching her children go hungry? A dictator can only be a dictator as long as the people propping him up allow him to be.
    I live in Kentucky and our Constitution is beautiful. Don't worry about us, we have people still operating "curbside pickup" that are business people and people removing barriers from park parking lots and basketball goals and sure some people are wearing masks more to not tilt at windmills than because we actually think it's needed. We will reopen soon enough, with or without the approval our Governor.

I know you made up a bunch of lies about me. That's the neocon way.

"Lie, cheat & steal" neocon President Trump's Sec of State, Mike Pompeo. Everyone expects you neocons to lie, carry on.

No I didn't... And can prove every word of it... We copied, logged, and screenshotted everything just for this occasion. Really want to go there?

No I didn't... And can prove every word of it... We copied, logged, and screenshotted everything just for this occasion. Really want to go there?
    Shove it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12