Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Laid-off Americans are making more $ than working.

  1. #1

    Laid-off Americans are making more $ than working.

    Case 1: Single retail worker

    $600/wk on top of Unemployment Benefits to the end of July.
    $1200/adult, $500/child one time payment.

    For example, you work in service sector, make $12/hr. That's $480/wk, take home $400
    400 x 4 = $1,600/mo

    April you made $1200, plus $1200 unemployment, plus $2,400 in $600/wk unemployment stimulus. That is $4,800 for April. May, June, July - $3,600/mo.

    Working Result: 4 months =$5,600
    Unemployed Result: 4 months = $15,600

    Case 2: Empty Nest couple, breadwinner takes home $800/wk. Spouse takes home $400/wk

    4 months working: $19,200
    4 months unemployed: $13,200 for April. $8,400 for May/J/J = $38,400

    Case 3: Breadwinner $1100/wk, Spouse does not work, 3 children

    4 months working: $17,600
    4 months unemployed: $24,700

    - Near-Indefinite extensions for UI are automatic.
    Added stimulus past July is already being worked on.

    See how this adds fuel to the fire for Universal Basic Income and Free Housing (dubbed "Affordable" housing) ?
    Moreover, Billions are on tap for rental help and foreclosure "relief".



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Many of these laid off workers will milk it for as long as they can.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  4. #3
    To give credit where due, Hillary Clinton/Trump/Pelosi all came together and displayed strong leadership to quickly pass #FamiliesFirst bills.
    Technically, this is not really full fledge socialism:


    Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton
    Mar 13 10:51 AM
    Call your representatives today and demand they pass the #FamiliesFirst coronavirus bill. It contains:
    - Free testing
    - 14 days paid sick leave
    - 3 months paid family leave
    - Expanded unemployment insurance & food security
    - Medicaid funds Lives are on the line.

    (202) 224-3121


    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    Mar 13 8:42 PM
    I fully support H.R. 6201: Families First CoronaVirus Response Act, which will be voted on in the House this evening. This Bill will follow my direction for free CoronaVirus tests, and paid sick leave for our impacted American workers. I have directed....

    #Families First

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Technically, this is not really full fledge socialism:
    Define "full fledge socialism."

    Even in China, people get money they call their "own" and they can go out and spend it however they like, in terms of food to buy, places to live, etc.

    I woke up one day and America was no different than China. I am still pinching myself every day trying to find out if this is all a bad, long dream....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  6. #5
    My income dropped by more than 67 percent from mar 13 to apr 30

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My income dropped by more than 67 percent from mar 13 to apr 30
    I'm so sorry. Take back what was already yours if they offer it (stimulus checks). Then look for new opportunities, because they will arise even in this socialist faux-capitalist society, if you are willing to adapt and get creative. Online businesses, for example, will now explode even more, and for those who do not sell their souls to Jeff Bezos and Amazon.com, there will be plenty of niche markets to serve the masses.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Case 1: Single retail worker

    $600/wk on top of Unemployment Benefits to the end of July.
    $1200/adult, $500/child one time payment.

    For example, you work in service sector, make $12/hr. That's $480/wk, take home $400
    400 x 4 = $1,600/mo

    April you made $1200, plus $1200 unemployment, plus $2,400 in $600/wk unemployment stimulus. That is $4,800 for April. May, June, July - $3,600/mo.

    Working Result: 4 months =$5,600
    Unemployed Result: 4 months = $15,600

    Case 2: Empty Nest couple, breadwinner takes home $800/wk. Spouse takes home $400/wk

    4 months working: $19,200
    4 months unemployed: $13,200 for April. $8,400 for May/J/J = $38,400

    Case 3: Breadwinner $1100/wk, Spouse does not work, 3 children

    4 months working: $17,600
    4 months unemployed: $24,700

    - Near-Indefinite extensions for UI are automatic.
    Added stimulus past July is already being worked on.

    See how this adds fuel to the fire for Universal Basic Income and Free Housing (dubbed "Affordable" housing) ?
    Moreover, Billions are on tap for rental help and foreclosure "relief".
    NO KIDDING.

    they make more than me and Im working full time.I ALSO DONT QUALIFY FOR HELP EVEN THOUGHT MY JOB GOT HURT.
    It was too weird to live, and too rare to die - hunter s. thompson .
    ..this is the darkest timeline..

  9. #8
    As one of the most left wing Governors in the country has explained (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtJdN--6Mc), there is an agenda behind this strategy.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    As one of the most left wing Governors in the country has explained (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtJdN--6Mc), there is an agenda behind this strategy.
    Fixed:


    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Define "full fledge socialism."

    Even in China, people get money they call their "own" and they can go out and spend it however they like, in terms of food to buy, places to live, etc.

    I woke up one day and America was no different than China. I am still pinching myself every day trying to find out if this is all a bad, long dream....

    It would be when everything is funded by gummit including things like abortions and everything controlled by gummit including movement of people.

    This at most could be possibly categorized as socialism-lite.

  13. #11
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  14. #12
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  15. #13
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  16. #14
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 01:37 AM
  2. 1 In 4 Americans In Their Prime Are Not Working
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 06:49 PM
  3. Record 92,120,000 Americans Not Working, Not Looking
    By DamianTV in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 03:51 PM
  4. 6.3 Million Americans Working Overseas!
    By mello in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM
  5. FDA working for da man making us sick
    By RP4ME in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 01:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •