Thread: Texas Attorney General Issues Letter Demanding Release of Woman Jailed for Opening Her Salon

Texas Attorney General Issues Letter Demanding Release of Woman Jailed for Opening Her Salon

Texas Attorney General Issues Letter Demanding Release of Woman Jailed for Opening Her Salon

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is demanding the “immediate release” of Shelley Luther, the mother who refused to comply with the government edicts and keep her Dallas salon closed.

“I find it outrageous and out of touch that during this national pandemic, a judge, in a county that actually released hardened criminals for fear of contracting COVID-19, would jail a mother for operating her hair salon in an attempt to put food on her family’s table,” Attorney General Paxton said.

“The trial judge did not need to lock up Shelley Luther. His order is a shameful abuse of judicial discretion, which seems like another political stunt in Dallas. He should release Ms. Luther immediately,” he added.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should be noted that the judge who sentenced this woman is also up for reelection this year. Hopefully he'll end up losing his position.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge