Thread: Amash has Another National Media Interview about His Libertarian Presidential Campaign

Amash has Another National Media Interview about His Libertarian Presidential Campaign

Rep. Justin Amash has Another National Media Interview about His Libertarian Presidential Campaign. He Again Says Nothing Libertarian.
    Written by Adam Dick - Tuesday May 5, 2020

On Thursday, I wrote about Rep. Justin Amash (L-MI), in a ten-minute interview at MSNBC focused on why he is interested in seeking the Libertarian Party presidential nomination, saying nothing libertarian. Further, I noted that, when Amash was asked about what a libertarian would do concerning coronavirus (a policy area where government is heavily restricting people’s exercise of liberty, intentionally shutting down much of the economy, and spending with abandon), Amash chose to promote adding a new government program to hand out money to people — something the host noted does not sound like a limited government proposal.

On Friday, Amash was back in another national media interview focused on why he would want to run for president as the Libertarian Party nominee. This time Amash was interviewed for five minutes by Rachel Martin at National Public Radio (NPR).

Second act, same as the first.

Though presented with question after question that gave him opportunities to promote libertarian ideas, Amash chose not to do so.
    More: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...g-libertarian/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-05-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I should be noted that another Libertarian candidate, Jacob Hornberger, has been associated with the Ron Paul Institute, and is likely the favored candidate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/RonPaulInstitut/...50712374702084

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I should be noted that another Libertarian candidate, Jacob Hornberger, has been associated with the Ron Paul Institute, and is likely the favored candidate.
    Well that would certainly be stupid. A nobody over a sitting congressman. Way to grow your party. It's not like the other guy or Amash is going to be president. So why not go with the one who might have a tiny chance of getting you some attention and ballot access.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Historically, libertarians do not gain enough ground; tptb do not permit it. Perhaps Justin realizes that, especially the way they treated Ron Paul.

Here is a thread that I started:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Index-Score-94

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

He will score less than GJ in 2016
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

It is very sad news that Justin Amash is not the favorite of the Ron Paul Institute. After all, Ron Paul has had such outstanding remarks and endorsements of Justin Amash.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Justin Amash had such a stellar debate performance on Saturday, May 9th. Jacob Hornberger did not have any real public policy issues. I cannot view anyone, but Justin Amash as the 2020 Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee. I think Justin Amash with a high quality/profile Vice Presidential nominee will perform better than Gary Johnson in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    He will score less than GJ in 2016
    Justin Amash will do better nationwide in the popular vote and percentage wise. Gary Johnson has already endorsed his candidacy. If Gary Johnson campaigns for him in New Mexico, Justin Amash may outperform Gary Johnnson's 2016 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    Justin Amash will do better nationwide in the popular vote and percentage wise. Gary Johnson has already endorsed his candidacy. If Gary Johnson campaigns for him in New Mexico, Justin Amash may outperform Gary Johnnson's 2016 numbers.
    Nope. There is hope and there is fact. GJ scored record numbers for LP because republicans hated Trump so they went to GJ. Now far less republicans hate Trump so they will go back to voting GOP. Same exact thing happened with Hilary and green party. Amash's results will have nothing to do with him but everything to do with how the two main parties are perceived.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Scott Horton was right that the job of the libertarian candidate at this stage - is to put the two-party consensus to the test of libertarian ethics, consistently and consequently.

Hornberger takes the unforgivable position of supporting the current government and NGO-fueled active importation of people who literally hate our guts, don't speak english and have no useful skills - into our existing welfare state.

I don't know whether Amash is any better on that issue, someone tell me good news.
    >_<

WE’RE READY.
    For something new. For a government that secures our rights. For equality before the law. For an end to cronyism. For a government that fulfills its purpose and recognizes its limits. For practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people. For an honest, principled president who will defend the Constitution and put individuals first.

Let’s do this.

The Justin Amash for President 2020 Money Bomb is today, Saturday, May 16th 2020. Join in and hit the ground running.

Bad timing for that.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

The media is reporting headlines that he's out. Can anyone verify this?

*Edit: Never mind. I guess dropping out on Twitter is the future of politics in this world...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's a fine decision assuming that he is now going to focus on his Congressional run and hopefully win that. He's arguably the only good one left in there.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Historically, libertarians do not gain enough ground; tptb do not permit it. Perhaps Justin realizes that, especially the way they treated Ron Paul.

Here is a thread that I started:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Index-Score-94
    So it's ok for Justin Amash to suck up to the Satanic Pedophile deep state that hates liberty and not be libertarian, but it's not ok for Trump to destroy the Satancic Pedophile deep state that hates liberty and not be libertarian. Got it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So it's ok for Justin Amash to suck up to the Satanic Pedophile deep state that hates liberty and not be libertarian, but it's not ok for Trump to destroy the Satancic Pedophile deep state that hates liberty and not be libertarian. Got it.
    Since when is voting to lower government spending, end spying and wanting to bring the troops home sucking up to the deep state? Replace Trump with Amash and America is many times better off.

I didn't think much of Amash even way back. Another Johnson character. Massie was ok, Rand I like.

Also, I see Vermin Supreme beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    I didn't think much of Amash even way back. Another Johnson character. Massie was ok, Rand I like.

Also, I see Vermin Supreme beat him.
    Uhh, you do realize Amash never formally entered the LP race, right? You have a strange sense of libertarian when Massie is just "ok", Amash is "another Johnson" but Rand you like. Sounds like you're just a run-of-the-mill Republican, not a libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Since when is voting to lower government spending, end spying and wanting to bring the troops home sucking up to the deep state? Replace Trump with Amash and America is many times better off.
    Dannno is like TheTexan. Consider every post to be satirical.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-24-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Uhh, you do realize Amash never formally entered the LP race, right? You have a strange sense of libertarian when Massie is just "ok", Amash is "another Johnson" but Rand you like. Sounds like you're just a run-of-the-mill Republican, not a libertarian.
    I've actual met Rand and probably Massie. I like Rand in life as much as what he does. I don't think as much of Massie, I personally have talked to one of his coordinators and one of the preachers at his church. Both were exactly alike, not trustworthy, and bad people. Yes, he says the right things, but he surrounds him with people that aren't good. In contrast, I've also talked to a Rand staffer, who was very good at their work and nice.

No one likes Amash. But I said he was that way at the outset, now most people say it.

I don't need to say anything about how liking Rand Paul, the strongest of the three, makes me anti-liberty.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 05-25-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    I've actual met Rand and probably Massie. I like Rand in life as much as what he does. I don't think as much of Massie, I personally have talked to one of his coordinators and one of the preachers at his church. Both were exactly alike, not trustworthy, and bad people. Yes, he says the right things, but he surrounds him with people that aren't good. In contrast, I've also talked to a Rand staffer, who was very good at their work and nice.

No one likes Amash. But I said he was that way at the outset, now most people say it.

I don't need to say anything about how liking Rand Paul, the strongest of the three, makes me anti-liberty.
    And I probably don't need to say anything about how being the closest to Red Donnie, the pathological lying sociopath, probably isn't a good measuring stick, either. Nor is "speaking with a coordinator" indicative of anything other than your perception of the interaction. Carry on.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    And I probably don't need to say anything about how being the closest to Red Donnie, the pathological lying sociopath, probably isn't a good measuring stick, either. Nor is "speaking with a coordinator" indicative of anything other than your perception of the interaction. Carry on.
    It was a little more than perception, I could relate very bad actions and things they are involved in for both of them. Disgusting stories, but to do so would reveal a little about who I am, and I don't feel like doing that. A better argument for you is massie isn't responsible for other people around him - and that might be a better argument, but one appears to be the top staffer he hired, and the other the preacher he choose to listen to (or it is just a political contrivance, which isn't good either).

I'm not willing to hold what others do absolutely against massie, and if I see something later I like about him, I won't continue to think worse of him for it. Amash on the other hand I never liked, even before he won, and now many people don't like him for what I already thought.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 06-18-2020 at 07:42 PM.