Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash denounces armed protests in Michigan

Thumbs down Amash denounces armed protests in Michigan

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since Collin's thread title can be interpreted as Amash denouncing protests, here's the actual Amash quote:

"Everybody has the right to protest and I think the governor overreached in a lot of ways. I denounce and condemn the nazi symbols that were used in some protests and I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators. Everyone has the right to protest and we're a state that cares about our rights and our freedoms."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Since Collin's thread title can be interpreted as Amash denouncing protests, here's the actual Amash quote:

"Everybody has the right to protest and I think the governor overreached in a lot of ways. I denounce and condemn the nazi symbols that were used in some protests and I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators. Everyone has the right to protest and we're a state that cares about our rights and our freedoms."
    Thank you for the clarification.

pity. The government is revolting, why aren't you?

Hmmmm
    Me not like...him speak with fork demon tongue
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

You know what? I kind of agree with Amash. I do support these guys right to bear arms. I would never support any law that takes away that right. But honestly did you really need to show up with an AR15 strapped to your back? It just freaks out the liberals and dilutes your message. If you really feel a threat to your safety carry a pistol concealed. If the day comes when it gets bad enough we need to open carry long guns for our safety, I will be there alongside you fighting.

Thanks for the quote. I sorta agree with him on this. I think it should be legal but if I was to protest this, I will do all I can to avoid giving the media any extra animoto demonize us.

No political flags, no guns, no silly signs etc etc.. just focus on the issue at home and get your message across

+rep

Oh Please. Intimidating legislators? What a Soyboy. Read the Preamble to the U.S. Declaration of Independence!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators
    Yeah, just another reason for me to dismiss this guy.

Of course that's the purpose...just like mere act of displaying a firearm is many times all it takes to intimidate and discourage a criminal attack.

When a poohbah or ruler gets up on a podium and announces that "my new rules are such and such and so and so" and if you don't comply you will be harshly punished, and behind them are a whole phalanx of scowling, stern faced cops, keen to bust heads and force compliance...what the $#@! is that but "intimidation"?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, just another reason for me to dismiss this guy.

Of course that's the purpose...just like mere act of displaying a firearm is many times all it takes to intimidate and discourage a criminal attack.

When a poohbah or ruler gets up on a podium and announces that "my new rules are such and such and so and so" and if you don't comply you will be harshly punished, and behind them are a whole phalanx of scowling, stern faced cops, keen to bust heads and force compliance...what the $#@! is that but "intimidation"?
    I believe at this point trying to win hearts and minds should be priority. This lockdown still have majority support. The media has brainwashed people into thinking that this virus is going to kill em all. We lose the public debate and we will be swallowed up by the new laws.

What in the actual $#@! is going on with Amash? His actions are bewildering and I can't make any sense of it. I can't tell if hes showing his true colors or if he's being blackmailed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I notice Amash does not seem upset that people may feel intimidated by the legislature posting armed police to stop the people from speaking with the legislators.

The lesson, your armed neighbor is a bigger threat than what happens at the Capital.
    Last edited by RJB; 05-05-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What in the actual $#@! is going on with Amash? His actions are bewildering and I can't make any sense of it. I can't tell if hes showing his true colors or if he's being blackmailed.
    His loyalty is to Chynah!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

WTF is with all the Amash hate? The bloody world is falling apart & y'all are booing & hissing over Amash?

Looks like the old game of taking everyone's eye off the mark so TPTB can finalize our prison.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF is with all the Amash hate? The bloody world is falling apart & y'all are booing & hissing over Amash?

Looks like the old game of taking everyone's eye off the mark so TPTB can finalize our prison.
    Speaking for myself, it is not hate at all. It's disgust, by the comments he sheepishly said. He is clearly not representing the people and the constitution. We have played nice for far too long, and these people think it is a sign of weakness.

Exercising our rights only points out that we are not weak.
    Last edited by donnay; 05-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unbelievable. Thread after thread for a few years now, what is it going to take for Amash to be removed from "Defenders of Liberty" and some people here continuing to support this traitor.

Effectively comparing any protester carrying as being a Nazi. Exactly the narrative the news media and the far left want to represent which he continues to carry water for. This is indefensible.

Amash Condemns Trump's Red Flag Law

vs

Trump's Sr. Advisor Ivanka is Advising Her Father to Stand For Red Flag Gun Controls

EM.

On a related note, Trump administration is also condemning and taking notice of such protests.

Coronavirus Crisis Unleashed 'Tsunami' of anti-Semitism, Trump Official Says

Special envoy Elan Carr says his office is closely monitoring online expressions of anti-Semitism around the world, clearly seeing an uptick in hate speech caused amid the spread of COVID-19
    Washington May 05, 2020

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I believe at this point trying to win hearts and minds should be priority. This lockdown still have majority support. The media has brainwashed people into thinking that this virus is going to kill em all. We lose the public debate and we will be swallowed up by the new laws.
    That is a guaranteed losing strategy.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

One thing I learned from the Virginia rally a few months ago is that armed protesters don't get shot, tazed, sprayed, or shut down. The cops pretty much just let them be because they don't want to force an armed conflict (cops would probably lose).

And while I too prefer not having armed people at a protest, the reality is that in many cases it is now necessary to protect oneself from government abuse. Justin's messaging is wrong and once again throws his base under the bus.

At this point he may not even get the LP nomination.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 05-05-2020 at 09:55 PM.

He is trying to appeal to the woke left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    My bet is that he is really trying to be more "moderate" than libertarian. A strategy that just might pay dividends.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    BTW, on 2nd amendment/red flag laws/due process etc, whose stance you find more anti-Constitutional, Amash's or Trump's?
    False equivalent.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    My bet is that he is really trying to be more "moderate" than libertarian. A strategy that just might pay dividends.
    Who collects these "dividends"?

Joe Biden or Trump?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    … or maybe the mainstream middle
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    You are equating libertarian with being a moron. Amash clearly makes the distinction. Nothing to do with being moderate.

Here is the liberty position on protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AYN RAND
    The forcible occupation of another man’s property or the obstruction of a public thoroughfare is so blatant a violation of rights that an attempt to justify it becomes an abrogation of morality. An individual has no right to do a “sit-in” in the home or office of a person he disagrees with—and he does not acquire such a right by joining a gang. Rights are not a matter of numbers—and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob.

The only power of a mob, as against an individual, is greater muscular strength—i.e., plain, brute physical force. The attempt to solve social problems by means of physical force is what a civilized society is established to prevent. The advocates of mass civil disobedience admit that their purpose is intimidation. A society that tolerates intimidation as a means of settling disputes—the physical intimidation of some men or groups by others—loses its moral right to exist as a social system, and its collapse does not take long to follow.

well , he is pretty $#@!ed up if he thinks the legislators do not need intimidated, lol

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I notice Amash does not seem upset that people may feel intimidated by the legislature posting armed police to stop the people from speaking with the legislators.

The lesson, your armed neighbor is a bigger threat than what happens at the Capital.
    ya . thats how i see it

i am starting to think something is very wrong

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast