Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash denounces armed protests in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Since Collin's thread title can be interpreted as Amash denouncing protests, here's the actual Amash quote:

"Everybody has the right to protest and I think the governor overreached in a lot of ways. I denounce and condemn the nazi symbols that were used in some protests and I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators. Everyone has the right to protest and we're a state that cares about our rights and our freedoms."
    I unapologetically disagree and deem Amash a Weakman for making so ill-bred a statement as this.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF is with all the Amash hate? The bloody world is falling apart & y'all are booing & hissing over Amash?

Looks like the old game of taking everyone's eye off the mark so TPTB can finalize our prison.
    I'm not hating on Amash. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here and get to the bottom of it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What part of Magazine Bans and Semi Auto Weapon Bans and Disarmament are they drawing attention away from???
    This WAS a 2nd Amendment rally that was canceled due to the Cold.

It started with the Guns...
    Then it was Kindergarten Sex Grooming by Law.
    Then they Closed the Churches the Restaurants and Bars.

and now folks just are not asking.

They are warning.
    I support the 2nd. Heck I even personally go beyond the current laws about semi-auto and think you should be able to own full auto and any capacity mag if that is your desire.

If it's a 2nd protest it's one thing, but if it's a protest against the lockdown, you don't win over the liberals by freaking them out with dudes with in tactical gear with an AR15 slug on their back. You just make clickbait stories about "armed right wing racists" for the MSM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I unapologetically disagree and deem Amash a Weakman for making so ill-bred a statement as this.
    You know, Amash may have a point. Average working people are hurting, they lost their jobs and are angry with the government. This could be an opportunity to turn them and wake them up to how bad things are getting loss of freedom and liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Unbelievable. Thread after thread for a few years now, what is it going to take for Amash to be removed from "Defenders of Liberty" and some people here continuing to support this traitor.

Effectively comparing any protester carrying as being a Nazi. Exactly the narrative the news media and the far left want to represent which he continues to carry water for. This is indefensible.
    I think he's saying "Why give the media ammo to smear you?" In a lot of ways, protestors walk right into the trap that the media wants, where the protests can be characterized however the media decides and broadcast far and wide based on a few select pictures. Going into the state house with nazi signs and guns isn't going to change much unless they're intended to be used. Clearly, the mere ownership of guns in the country hasn't stopped the slow grind into tyranny. Maybe slowed it down some but obviously hasn't stopped or reversed it.

Having said that, I'm somewhat a purist but so far I'm willing to cut Amash some breaks on his rhetoric since his track record is otherwise fabulous. He's so far campaigning like he's actually trying to win a national election instead of harping on wonky policy points that most voters don't care about nor even really understand. We KNOW how dumbed down the average voter is and it's folly to think they'll suddenly decide to become scholars. I'm ok at this point with a libertarian with a solid track record running a populist campaign since only populist campaigns actually win. Slogging through another election season just to win the usual 1-2%? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What in the actual $#@! is going on with Amash? His actions are bewildering and I can't make any sense of it. I can't tell if hes showing his true colors or if he's being blackmailed.
    Or maybe he's trying to win by running a populist campaign that offers appeal to all sections of voters? No one is going to win a national election by advocating storming state houses with rifles and Hitler pictures. They're just not.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Well we know he ain't gonna be president....
    It is highly unlikely, sure, but I hope you don't seriously think that the independent/unaffiliated voters that decide elections (assuming free and fair elections, big assumption I know) are in favor of running into state houses with rifles and Hitler pictures, do you? There's personal preferences and then there's electoral realities. I'm reminded of Clinton's statement about having "private positions and public positions"...
    Plus, he's already getting more media coverage than pretty much every LP candidate ever and it's not because he's saying everyone should go all 3%er on their state houses.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-06-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    That is an ineffective strategy
    Depends on what you are wanting to accomplish. Weren't you the one that said Amash wasn't going to get any coverage of his presidential campaign? Maybe that was someone else. Anyway, Amash is getting press. And he's clearly trying to appeal to people who aren't Trump supporters. Which means it's highly possible that he'll end up being more of a Biden spoiler than a Trump spoiler.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think he's saying "Why give the media ammo to smear you?" In a lot of ways, protestors walk right into the trap that the media wants, where the protests can be characterized however the media decides and broadcast far and wide based on a few select pictures. Going into the state house with nazi signs and guns isn't going to change much unless they're intended to be used. Clearly, the mere ownership of guns in the country hasn't stopped the slow grind into tyranny. Maybe slowed it down some but obviously hasn't stopped or reversed it.

Having said that, I'm somewhat a purist but so far I'm willing to cut Amash some breaks on his rhetoric since his track record is otherwise fabulous. He's so far campaigning like he's actually trying to win a national election instead of harping on wonky policy points that most voters don't care about nor even really understand. We KNOW how dumbed down the average voter is and it's folly to think they'll suddenly decide to become scholars. I'm ok at this point with a libertarian with a solid track record running a populist campaign since only populist campaigns actually win. Slogging through another election season just to win the usual 1-2%? No thanks.
    Pretty much my POV.
    There is no spoon.

Unbelievable. Thread after thread for a few years now, what is it going to take for Amash to be removed from "Defenders of Liberty" and some people here continuing to support this traitor.
    Rand Paul set the bar pretty low by supporting 48 hour red flag laws.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexingt...-red-flag-laws

Effectively comparing any protester carrying as being a Nazi. Exactly the narrative the news media and the far left want to represent which he continues to carry water for. This is indefensible.
    He compared the people carrying Nazi symbols to Nazis. The point made about those carrying guns into the legislature was that it might be seen as attempting to intimidate the legislators. Frankly I'm surprised Michigan even allows that. I'm pretty sure Tennessee doesn't. I know you can't carry going into a courthouse. Michigan is freer than I thought. I wonder how they ended up with their current governor?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I support the 2nd. Heck I even personally go beyond the current laws about semi-auto and think you should be able to own full auto and any capacity mag if that is your desire.

If it's a 2nd protest it's one thing, but if it's a protest against the lockdown, you don't win over the liberals by freaking them out with dudes with in tactical gear with an AR15 slug on their back. You just make clickbait stories about "armed right wing racists" for the MSM.
    You are never going to.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He compared the people carrying Nazi symbols to Nazis. The point made about those carrying guns into the legislature was that it might be seen as attempting to intimidate the legislators. Frankly I'm surprised Michigan even allows that. I'm pretty sure Tennessee doesn't. I know you can't carry going into a courthouse. Michigan is freer than I thought. I wonder how they ended up with their current governor?
    I don't see where that comparison is made except by posters to this thread and those looking to continue their ongoing LP smear campaign on RPF like Swordy. Amash's quote doesn't say that and could only be inferred by the use of "and" in his quote. Some of y'all are acting like he said "people carrying nazi symbols with guns", instead of his actual quote which I posted at the beginning of the thread.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You are never going to.
    I know that deep down. I still at least try.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Effectively comparing any protester carrying as being a Nazi.
    I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You just make clickbait stories about "armed right wing racists" for the MSM.

NO

The media does that.. and they do that regardless of the facts.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF is with all the Amash hate? The bloody world is falling apart & y'all are booing & hissing over Amash?

Looks like the old game of taking everyone's eye off the mark so TPTB can finalize our prison.

He failed to appropriately worship the Leader. You can see that right here where he's called a traitor:

Thread after thread for a few years now, what is it going to take for Amash to be removed from "Defenders of Liberty" and some people here continuing to support this traitor.
    Last edited by TheCount; 05-06-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Justin Amash = when the cure is worse than the disease.

I don't understand what's happened to Amash.

I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators.
    WTF?
    ...When government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Do legislators have any qualms about intimidating us?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion.
    What conclusion? If the Jews were more heavily armed they could have fought the Nazis?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Since Collin's thread title can be interpreted as Amash denouncing protests, here's the actual Amash quote:

"Everybody has the right to protest and I think the governor overreached in a lot of ways. I denounce and condemn the nazi symbols that were used in some protests and I think it's a terrible idea to come in with weapons, as it might be perceived as intimidation of legislators. Everyone has the right to protest and we're a state that cares about our rights and our freedoms."
    And, "we should work with the governor" - who is an out of control tyrant.

$#@! him.

There is no point to a right if one isn't free to exercise that right. He has no problem with armed govt goons intimidating the citizens at the capital, only with armed citizens intimidating legislators. What was that that Thomas Jefferson about govt fearing the people?

I really loathe this $#@!.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Perhaps they should have crafted a strongly-worded letter instead
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What in the actual $#@! is going on with Amash? His actions are bewildering and I can't make any sense of it. I can't tell if hes showing his true colors or if he's being blackmailed.
    True colors. He's not important nor influential enough to be blackmailed.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Amash Condemns Trump's Red Flag Law

vs

Trump's Sr. Advisor Ivanka is Advising Her Father to Stand For Red Flag Gun Controls

EM.

On a related note, Trump administration is also condemning and taking notice of such protests.

Coronavirus Crisis Unleashed 'Tsunami' of anti-Semitism, Trump Official Says

Special envoy Elan Carr says his office is closely monitoring online expressions of anti-Semitism around the world, clearly seeing an uptick in hate speech caused amid the spread of COVID-19
    Washington May 05, 2020

Odd are good the person holding the Jew rat sign is a Democrap. Of course, the other sign being held is calling the governor a Nazi which is pretty damn close, though I'd go with Marxist.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You are equating libertarian with being a moron. Amash clearly makes the distinction. Nothing to do with being moderate.

Here is the liberty position on protesting.
    What's your point? The governor of Michigan took it upon herself to wage war against the people of the state by, essentially, outlawing the Bill of Rights. Businesses are still closed down here. Nobody can go to a dentist or a doctor. Nobody can get addiction treatment or therapy. It's a communist coup and that $#@! Amash thinks we should "work with the governor" who is a $#@!ing tyrant. The state capital belongs to the people, not the employees who work there.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

In which Justin Amash explains to glue sniffers that just because you have the right to do something in a free society doesn't mean it is smart.
    Glue sniffers?

Neither you nor Amash has any problem with armed goons of the state being present in the building so who's the "glue sniffer"?

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Odd are good the person holding the Jew rat sign is a Democrap. Of course, the other sign being held is calling the governor a Nazi which is pretty damn close, though I'd go with Marxist.
    http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/
    Quite possible.. although R & D might not be very telling in some cases; also based on track record, it could be argued that Trump is more of a Democrat/Liberal than Hillary Clinton on various issues.

But to follow up on the fake hate aspect, do you think Trump officials are also responding to 'fake hate' or their global campaign against hate is genuine?

Coronavirus Crisis Unleashed 'Tsunami' of anti-Semitism, Trump Official Says
    Special envoy Elan Carr says his office is closely monitoring online expressions of anti-Semitism around the world, clearly seeing an uptick in hate speech caused amid the spread of COVID-19
    Washington May 05, 2020

Winning the hearts and minds of the average citizen against their behemoth news media and Hollywood propaganda machine is not going to happen right now. Taking a stand, having the numbers on the ground in mass, not backing down will cause people to take notice and think for themselves for a change. Slowly but surely a little at a time just like the Progressives strategy has been over the years.

No matter how much you comply and conform to appease them, the left will still slam you and through MSM propaganda they will continue to move people in favour of willingly relinquishing their rights. This has always been their strategy and it is has worked successfully because people on the right think the strategy of trying to look good to the people that hate them and their beliefs will some how work. With each retreat, each apology and conformity, they will continue to attack you and gain ground for themselves.
    And, my goodness gracious, we don't want to offend them or risk bad optics while they're in a middle of their communist coup and are running our state (and country) into the ground! I mean, we want took good, after all, not like a bunch of glue sniffers.

-GLP poster

Nothing wrong with a sidearm. I just think open carrying a long gun at a protest like this draws attention from the issue you are protesting.

If this current mess turns out to be the end, I would be part of the 3% and carry a rifle in the fight. I don't think we are there yet.
    Define "there" because the "lockdown" is a coup and a coup is war.

-GLP poster

I was thinking "cuck". He's a poster boy for the definition. All he needs are the jammies and hot cocoa.

-GLP poster

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not hating on Amash. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here and get to the bottom of it.
    He's my congressman and I smelled a rat with him a long time ago with his pandering to progressives at town halls. That he would say we should "work with" the governor is unbelievable. She's a raging commie who, while shutting down all health care in our state said that abortions had to continue because they're "life sustaining". She rules by executive order. The woman needs to be in prison and he wants to work with her.

-GLP poster

We're in a war. Just because the shooting hasn't begun doesn't mean we aren't. Our state is being crushed and lives are being ruined. Those people there know it.

-GLP poster

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast