Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Justin Amash Will Use Federal Dollars to Protect Transgenderism as President

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Fiscally conservative/socially liberal is the top left corner of that graph. How do you figure it's less popular than fiscally liberal/socially conservative, which is the area you circled? There doesn't seem to be anyone there but Clinton, Trump and their cronies.
    You can't even read a graph. The top left is socially conservative/economically liberal. Positive numbers are more conservative on both axes. What's relevant is how few people identify as socially liberal and fiscally conservative, which is what's circled. Very few people identify this way.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    No it's not enough. The degree to what humans contribute to global warming isn't really known. But there is something humans can do.

lol You made all of this up. Cats and dogs living together. And this two issues are minor in the scheme of things.
    Enjoy.

You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How would you interrupt this aspect of the Marxist and SJW agenda? Especially given that a large percentage of the population supports the Marxist agenda (secretly or openly), or they don't care about it?

What has Amash suggested that is so supportive of the Marxist agenda? Does he support public education which includes trans education? Does he support drag-queen story hour for children?

Unfortunately, Hollywood and the media are the prime movers and advertisers of this agenda. I suspect Amash has not called for censorship of entertainment and the media.

So what is a liberty-oriented solution?

Live Drag queen shows for children should not be allowed. Same with strippers. It is adult oriented, and not appropriate. Does that require a law, or just push back at the morons who want to organize these events for children at public schools and libraries?
    Well, he indicated that the word "sex", as in specific protections in federal law, is open to interpretation. That's critical theory, right there (subjective definition) and a lie as far as the truth and DNA goes. Maybe he should be shooting for amending federal law (which I would just get rid of) to include protected designations that fall outside of "sex" (male, female) to include other categories like transvestite, transsexual, furry, adult babies, sissies and various fetishes. Because he's talking about federal law, that would apply to something like title IX so males claiming to be females, as well as the reverse, would have federal protection to compete in the sports of the sex they claim to be (but are not) and to share their locker rooms and bathrooms. It would go far beyond that one example, as you know.

The liberty solution is that people are free to present as they wish, without legal protections based upon them being something they aren't.

No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    You can't even read a graph. The top left is socially conservative/economically liberal. Positive numbers are more conservative on both axes. What's relevant is how few people identify as socially liberal and fiscally conservative, which is what's circled. Very few people identify this way.
    I can't read a graph? Obviously you can act like a jerk. At least, I assume it's an act.

You assume because the words "social dimension" are vertical they describe the y axis, and because "economic dimension" is printed horizontally they describe the x axis. And most charts do have legends that describe the adjacent set of numbers. In other words, the label is next to the axis it describes, which is easy when the axis is the edge of the chart. But many Cartesian planes are labeled with the axes pointing at their labels, which is the only way to put the legend next to the axis short of writing the label in the data.

If you don't believe me, why don't you cite your source, so we can inquire?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-11-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers

The text is clear on the website of the party whose nomination he seeks, the Libertarian Party, which states matter of factly: “A matter as personal as gender identification should be decided by the person involved, not by the government.”

Amash on Transgender
    “I’ve always held the view that the government should not be a part of marriage. I think that marriage should be a private contract or a religious ceremony and not something that the government is a part of. But if the government is going to be a part of marriage for straight couples, then it must also allow others to get married.”

“Real threat to traditional marriage and religious liberty is government, not gay couples who love each other and want to spend lives together.”
    Amash on Environment

"I do think the federal government has a role in the environment,"

"A strong and prosperous economy is what helps keep the environment clean,"

"The stronger the economy, the more your country innovates."

"There are places where the EPA should have a role, but I do think the EPA overreaches."

"I do support eliminating the EPA's authority over those things."

"Government subsidies, regulations (like cap & trade), and taxes result in costlier and less efficient forms of energy than would be produced in the free market. Instead of letting you and me determine our needs, government intervention rewards energy producers with the most political pull, while discouraging innovation & eliminating the incentive to reduce costs. Energy sources that truly meet the demands of consumers will thrive in the marketplace and do not need government handouts to remain viable"

"I pledge to the taxpayers of my state, and to the American people, that I will oppose any legislation relating to climate change that includes a net increase in government revenue."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The text is clear on the website of the party whose nomination he seeks, the Libertarian Party, which states matter of factly: “A matter as personal as gender identification should be decided by the person involved, not by the government.”

Amash on Transgender

Amash on Environment
    I'd +rep you again, if I could!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    What is the source of the graph?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

Since it pained me to actually click on the OP's link, here's the source link and contains more relevant info on the whole topic, instead of cherry-picking one portion and spinning it like the OP's link does. I particularly liked the addition of Justin's other civil liberties stances such as his opposition to NDAA's indefinite detention, among others.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dawnsta.../#4ad5e2308d06

Rep. Justin Amash, the Independent congressman from Michigan who is considering running for president, vowed to support the rights of the LGBTQ community, in particular transgender Americans.

“I would protect transgender Americans under the protections that exist for sex,” Amash said in a telephone interview Friday. Amash, the former Tea Party Republican who defected from the GOP in July and voted for impeachment of President Donald Trump in January, announced on Wednesday he is forming a presidential exploratory campaign, as a Libertarian candidate.

Although it might be unusual for a Republican to stake such a claim, his endorsement of trans rights as well as marriage equality are in line with well-established Libertarian platform positions.

“I think that people can take the term ‘sex’ that's in federal law and interpret it to mean things beyond what it traditionally meant,” said Amash. In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court is expected to rule any day now on that interpretation, as to whether trans Americans are protected from discrimination on the job by a key provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination in employment because of sex.

“Sometimes, we have to catch up to the law,” Amash continued. “In other words, the law is written and the law will be fairly broad, and the public and the courts are not actually caught up to what is actually in the text.”

Transgender Troops

However, the record shows that when it came time to vote whether to condemn the president’s ban on trans troops serving in the U.S. Military, then-Republican Amash voted “present” rather than take a stand. He did not join five of his GOP colleagues who broke rank with the president and aligned with Democrats to pass the non-binding resolution.

Following publication of this post, the Amash campaign reached out to note that the congressman did cast a subsequent vote on an amendment in June 2019, in which the House moved to block the Department of Defense from spending appropriated funds to implement the trans military ban. Rep. Amash was one of nine Republicans to vote in favor of the amendment and it passed, 243-183, with a dozen members of the House not casting a vote.

But a month later — just days after switching parties — the congressman cast a vote against another amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA. The amendment by Rep. Jackie Speier (D) Calif., would enshrine into law that any person who meets gender-neutral occupational standards can serve in the military regardless of race, color, national origin, religion or sex, including gender identity or sexual orientation, as The Hill reported in July 2019. Rep. Amash is recorded as opposing this amendment that was aimed at reversing the president’s trans military ban.

Here’s what a campaign spokesperson said in response to a question about his “no” vote:

“The Speier amendment went around the executive order and instead changed the law to add a new standard of "equality of treatment" for everyone in the Armed Forces (not just transgender persons). It's not clear what impact this new standard would have in a military context, or whether it was appropriately drafted for that context given the military's mandate to maximize the nation's defenses with available resources, so the feeling was that it deserved more careful consideration and deliberation than a minimally debated amendment.”

The Speier amendment passed with the support of ten Republicans.

Amash also offered his own amendment to the NDAA, seeking to eliminate indefinite military detention of any person detained under the Authorization for Use of Military Force resolution of 2001. It was one of eight of the 58 amendments defeated.

If elected as the first Libertarian president, would Amash seek to change the 2015 Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality? “No, I support gay marriage and I have supported it for a long time,” Amash said, lining up with the Libertarians’ four-decade history of support. “I've always held the view that the government should not be a part of marriage. I think that marriage should be a private contract or a religious ceremony and not something that the government is a part of. But if the government is going to be a part of marriage for straight couples, then it must also allow others to get married.”
    Sexual Assault

Asked bluntly about the reports of sexual assault allegations now being weighed against the presumptive Democratic nominee, former Vice President Joe Biden, and the long history of such accusations against President Trump, Amash volunteered that he is skeleton-free.

“I have nothing in my closet,” the congressman said. “As for these individuals, everyone deserves due process and the people making the accusations deserve to be heard. And we should have a fair process for everyone where both sides, both parties, are having their concerns addressed, and have their issues fairly deliberated.”
    Amash’s Voting Record

Amash publicly vowed he would not vote for Trump in 2016, and told me he won’t vote for him this November, either. When presented with FiveThirtyEight’s account of his voting record, which shows over the course of his political career he voted in line with the president’s position 63.8% of the time, Amash maintained that showed he was still “fairly independent.”

“I think you have to take those numbers with a grain of salt,” Amash said. “I'm one of the most independent members of Congress. I'm pretty sure, statistically now, I'm the most independent member of Congress. But when I was a Republican, I would be the most independent Republican. So it reflected independence, a willingness to do what I think is right. And I follow the Constitution, represent my constituents, and I don't worry about the party labels.”
    Ending The Logjam

It’s that stuck-in-the-mud partisanship that the co-founder of the Freedom Caucus said has prompted him to enter the race, in hopes he can move Washington out of its rut. Politico headlined its report about his potential campaign: “Justin Amash Wants to Destroy the System That Created Trump.”

“The two parties are destroying the system on their own,” Amash said. “But they're destroying it in a way that will leave millions of Americans unrepresented. So, I want to create a new system that restores the way our government is supposed to work, and that means people having actual representation in Congress and executive branch actually executes the law instead of writing laws.”

Amash pointed to the leadership of both parties as carrying the blame for the logjam, and leaving rank and file representatives unable to participate in the process as it was designed. The result, he said, is that “millions of Americans go unrepresented. Our system is not working for them. It's failing them... So members of Congress don't actually debate legislation in the same way they used to. Now, they just debate personalities.”
    Family Life
    New Congress

House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio administers the House oath to Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., during ... [+] ASSOCIATED PRESS

Amash, a married father of three — two girls and a boy — said launching a presidential campaign during a pandemic lockdown is far from ideal.

“We're all at home together, so they have to be a little quieter than normal. I'm doing a lot of interviews, but they're very supportive, very loving,” he said. And his kids apparently are already invested in seeing their dad in the White House.

“My daughters yesterday made a campaign video for me, you know, to show their support. And it was really it was actually really quite funny. So they've been very kind, very loving and very supportive.” Amash wouldn’t say whether he’ll actually add that video to his campaign site.
    Amash’s Message

What he is focused on, he said, was getting out the message about why he’s different from Trump, from Biden, and from former wrestler and former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura, also weighing a potential run as another third-party candidate.

“I think it's important when we think about what we want in a president, we think about honesty and practicality and capability. And too often we're settling for candidates who don't represent those qualities, but are just the candidates who made it through their particular party primaries,” Amash said. “And we need to rethink this. We really should vote for the candidate who is the most qualified and the one we want to represent us. That's the only way this system is going to change. And it's easy to always say wait till the next election. But now is the time and we have a real opportunity. And I'm confident that I will present a strong contrast between myself and the other candidates over the course of this campaign.”

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Enjoy.

No thanks I don't listen to kids when it comes to policy. I also don't listen to people who think the transgender issue is make or break.

I can support purist ideas at times to prioritize a principle. But in this case, I can be pragmatic and would be ok with a billion $ spent on domestic/global LGBTQ rights campaigns provided he cuts $50 billions in yearly foreign aid (recently read news about $38 Billion taxpayers foreign aid to our closest ally and only non-racist democracy in mideast supported by neocons funded GOPA leader) that probably costs $Trillions in blowback costs. This is to make a point about dumb priorities that have plagued Republican party since at least it stood behind Bush-Cheney's $6 Trillion global war on terra and overlooked millions of lives/limbs destruction while never forgetting to hold 'pro life' rallies. Tremendous hypocrisy.

Anyways, point of discussions is to enhance our understanding of differing views on issues and that entails answering directly posed questions. But after posting an article that appears to be from a Deep Zionism/Globalsit Neocons (not necessarily same ones that fund current 'fool me twice' GOPA wing) agenda pushing site, OP has not reappeared to answer questions posed.

So another Q to better understand OP view.

Which driving principle is behind this concern about some potential future spending on LGBTQ civil rights by a junior political candidate who had a good track record on liberty issues?

A- Is it concern for US debt/Big Gummit Spending ?

Or is it driven by opposition to progressive LGBTQ approach?

Or is it driven by opposition to his candidacy due to some other reason?

Or something else?

I'm guessing A can be ruled out , cuz if one is concerned about a potential small FUTURE spending that may or may not happen , one would certainly make time to criticize 1000s times bigger spending like this taking place in PRESENT time right under our noses?

US national debt hits a record $25 trillion

Trump pledged to remove the national debt within eight years of office. Four years in, it has risen by $5 trillion. And it shows no signs of slowing down.
    By Daniel Phillips
    May 7, 2020
    The national debt is now just inches away from breaking the record for highest debt to GDP ratio in US history.
    The United States national debt has just crossed the $25 trillion threshold after adding $7 trillion in the last five years.
    Since the start of the 2019/2020 fiscal year (beginning October 1, 2019), the US national debt has ballooned by more than 10% alone, climbing from $22.7 billion to its current value of $25 trillion, or $25,057,924,023,406.80 to be precise.

Mike Pence: “I was Tea Party before it was cool”

Actions also speak louder than words.

To the untrained eye, such a stance with glaring omissions appears contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Rep. Justin Amash (L-MI) has announced that protecting transgenderism is high on his priority list, and he would expend federal resources if he were elected president to harbor the delusions of these severely mentally ill individuals.

“I would protect transgender Americans under the protections that exist for sex,” Amash said during a radio interview on Friday.

Amash, who claims to be a crusader against government overreach, would expand current federal laws that are on the books to protect trannies.

Trending: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Texas Vigilantes Show Up Outside of Dallas Storefront to Demand End to Shutdown

“I think that people can take the term ‘sex’ that’s in federal law and interpret it to mean things beyond what it traditionally meant,” said Amash.

“Sometimes, we have to catch up to the law. In other words, the law is written and the law will be fairly broad, and the public and the courts are not actually caught up to what is actually in the text,” he added, setting the stage for a vast expansion of federal power.

Amash has a long record of supporting government intervention to facilitate transgenderism. He once voted to appropriate taxpayer dollars from Christians and other Americans so military personnel could have their genitals mutilated:

Amash announced his presidential campaign last week, likely an effort to sabotage President Trump in the key battleground state of Michigan. But with Amash going around promoting trannies, he may pull more liberal voters than conservatives.

Source: Big League Politics
    amash isva traitor
    It was too weird to live, and too rare to die - hunter s. thompson .
    ..this is the darkest timeline..

Quality comment there Cap'n. Deep thinking on display, indeed. Keep up the hard work.

No thanks I don't listen to kids when it comes to policy. I also don't listen to people who think the transgender issue is make or break.
    Well, you listen to Amash who decided it's an important issue for him.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I can support purist ideas at times to prioritize a principle. But in this case, I can be pragmatic and would be ok with a billion $ spent on domestic/global LGBTQ rights campaigns provided he cuts $50 billions in yearly foreign aid (recently read news about $38 Billion taxpayers foreign aid to our closest ally and only non-racist democracy in mideast supported by neocons funded GOPA leader) that probably costs $Trillions in blowback costs. This is to make a point about dumb priorities that have plagued Republican party since at least it stood behind Bush-Cheney's $6 Trillion global war on terra and overlooked millions of lives/limbs destruction while never forgetting to hold 'pro life' rallies. Tremendous hypocrisy.

Anyways, point of discussions is to enhance our understanding of differing views on issues and that entails answering directly posed questions. But after posting an article that appears to be from a Deep Zionism/Globalsit Neocons (not necessarily same ones that fund current 'fool me twice' GOPA wing) agenda pushing site, OP has not reappeared to answer questions posed.

So another Q to better understand OP view.

Which driving principle is behind this concern about some potential future spending on LGBTQ civil rights by a junior political candidate who had a good track record on liberty issues?

A- Is it concern for US debt/Big Gummit Spending ?

Or is it driven by opposition to progressive LGBTQ approach?

Or is it driven by opposition to his candidacy due to some other reason?

Or something else?

I'm guessing A can be ruled out , cuz if one is concerned about a potential small FUTURE spending that may or may not happen , one would certainly make time to criticize 1000s times bigger spending like this taking place in PRESENT time right under our noses?

US national debt hits a record $25 trillion

Trump pledged to remove the national debt within eight years of office. Four years in, it has risen by $5 trillion. And it shows no signs of slowing down.
    By Daniel Phillips
    May 7, 2020
    The national debt is now just inches away from breaking the record for highest debt to GDP ratio in US history.
    The United States national debt has just crossed the $25 trillion threshold after adding $7 trillion in the last five years.
    Since the start of the 2019/2020 fiscal year (beginning October 1, 2019), the US national debt has ballooned by more than 10% alone, climbing from $22.7 billion to its current value of $25 trillion, or $25,057,924,023,406.80 to be precise.

Mike Pence: “I was Tea Party before it was cool”

Actions also speak louder than words.

To the untrained eye, such a stance with glaring omissions appears contradictory.
    Just look at it (closely):

https://usdebtclock.org/

lol Because he comments on it doesn't mean it's anywhere near the top of the list. Plus did he never say to increase spending for it?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    amash isva traitor
    He wants to bring the troops home and lower Federal spending. He's not the traitor here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wants to bring the troops home and lower Federal spending. He's not the traitor here.
    No, he wants to impeach the President that is trying to do those things and make sure a Demoncrat that will not wins the election, he's a traitor.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

http://ponerology.com/evil_2b.html
    “In any society in this world, psychopathic individuals and some of the other deviant types create a ponerogenically active network of common collusions, partially estranged from the community of normal people… Their sense of honor bids them to cheat and revile that ‘other’ human world and its values at every opportunity.”
    “Living in a world whose morals and customs are meaningless to them and even seen as oppressive, psychopaths dream of a “happy” and “just” world where their depraved worldview is accepted as reality. They seek, by any means necessary, to achieve positions in government where their dreams can be brought to fruition. If injustice does exist in a society, their statements regarding the ‘unfairness’ of their situation can resonate with those who actually do experience such injustice. Thus, revolutionary doctrines can be accepted by both groups for diametrically opposed reasons.”
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, he wants to impeach the President that is trying to do those things and make sure a Demoncrat that will not wins the election, he's a traitor.
    No, that doesn't make him a traitor. What makes people traitors are those who make things up and throw Liberty politicians under the bus because for some reason they don't think Trump is a lying, flip flopping POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He does?

And what country is this person the president of?
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

He does?
    Yes His votes tell us that.

And what country is this person the president of?
    Ant why does this matter?

Yes His votes tell us that.
    Amash wants to impeach somebody who's trying to lower spending and bring some troops home? I still want to know who that is, because I haven't heard about this.

Amash wants to impeach somebody who's trying to lower spending and bring some troops home? I still want to know who that is, because I haven't heard about this.
    lol Stop you know I'm speaking of Amash. And yes the current and almost every President has not vetoed increased spending and not brought the troops home. Which is why I'll won't support Trump, who isn't as bad as Obama or Bush but is still bad. Slightly tempted but I do understand the lessor of 2 evils thing.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    On what planet is that an issue?

I think conservatives are more concerned about getting arrested for using the wrong gender pronoun.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345