Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justin Amash Will Use Federal Dollars to Protect Transgenderism as President

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Justin Amash Will Use Federal Dollars to Protect Transgenderism as President

Rep. Justin Amash (L-MI) has announced that protecting transgenderism is high on his priority list, and he would expend federal resources if he were elected president to harbor the delusions of these severely mentally ill individuals.

“I would protect transgender Americans under the protections that exist for sex,” Amash said during a radio interview on Friday.

Amash, who claims to be a crusader against government overreach, would expand current federal laws that are on the books to protect trannies.

Trending: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Texas Vigilantes Show Up Outside of Dallas Storefront to Demand End to Shutdown

“I think that people can take the term ‘sex’ that’s in federal law and interpret it to mean things beyond what it traditionally meant,” said Amash.

“Sometimes, we have to catch up to the law. In other words, the law is written and the law will be fairly broad, and the public and the courts are not actually caught up to what is actually in the text,” he added, setting the stage for a vast expansion of federal power.

Amash has a long record of supporting government intervention to facilitate transgenderism. He once voted to appropriate taxpayer dollars from Christians and other Americans so military personnel could have their genitals mutilated:

When self-proclaimed constitutionalist Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) endorsed impeachment of President Donald Trump, it shocked many conservative Republicans to see the former tea party favorite join in the Democrats’ witch hunt.

But Amash’s left-ward drift has been a long time in the making. One egregious example in recent years was Amash’s support of federally-funded elective surgery for transgenders in the military.

In 2017, Amash joined 190 Democrats and a handful of liberal anti-Trump Republicans to reject a proposal by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO) to deny federal funds for the elective surgery of military personnel claiming they are transgender.

“We must confront these challenges by ensuring our defense dollars maximize the military’s readiness and lethality,” Hartlzer said. “That is why I’m offering an amendment to advance these goals by prohibiting taxpayer dollars from funding gender reassignment surgeries and related hormone therapy treatment for members of the military and their dependents.”

The measure could have saved up to $3.7 billion over the next decade by refusing to indulge these potentially mentally ill individuals with genital mutilation surgery and other health care services pertaining to their condition. The supposed fiscal conservative voted in effect to expend federal funds on this social project.
    Amash announced his presidential campaign last week, likely an effort to sabotage President Trump in the key battleground state of Michigan. But with Amash going around promoting trannies, he may pull more liberal voters than conservatives.

Source: Big League Politics
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I disagree with the OP topic, but if done right, I advocate open borders as any freedom-promoting conservative would. Fed.gov has no business knowing where I go or why, or taking private property utilizing eminent domain, or voiding my private contract rights with who I want to hire even if I don’t offer minimum wage, or require my employee to Fund the Fed. Walls don’t work. They merely process people into a system that I want to get rid of.

Good short clip, btw. But I would like to listen to the whole conversation.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Good short clip, btw. But I would like to listen to the whole conversation.
    https://reason.com/video/justin-amas...tical-capable/

Thanks AF. Yes, he is a threat to the establishment, like Ron Paul was.

Though voting doesn’t matter, I would certainly vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Thanks AF. Yes, he is a threat to the establishment, like Ron Paul was.

Though voting doesn’t matter, I would certainly vote for him.
    He is a commie and it is no surprise you would vote for him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Disagree with treating a choice to change one's sex with one's actual sex and expanding the Federal Government power in this regards. I'm ambivalent about the border. Right now Mexico doesn't want us going down there. Disagree with government action on "climate change." The only sensible government action would be to build new nuclear power plants, especially thorium reactors. I like that Amash voted against the 2.2 trillion dollar boondoggle.

During the coronavirus pandemic, Amash has castigated federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration, first for botching containment efforts and then for asserting monopoly control over testing. He was one of a mere handful of no votes on the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, arguing that all relief payments should go directly to individuals and households rather than corporations, nonprofits, or government agencies.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Disagree with treating a choice to change one's sex with one's actual sex and expanding the Federal Government power in this regards. I'm ambivalent about the border. Right now Mexico doesn't want us going down there. Disagree with government action on "climate change." The only sensible government action would be to build new nuclear power plants, especially thorium reactors. I like that Amash voted against the 2.2 trillion dollar boondoggle.

During the coronavirus pandemic, Amash has castigated federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration, first for botching containment efforts and then for asserting monopoly control over testing. He was one of a mere handful of no votes on the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, arguing that all relief payments should go directly to individuals and households rather than corporations, nonprofits, or government agencies.
    Judging by this interview, it looks like he does support nuclear power and at least a primarily private-sector-based climate change policy:
    https://reason.com/podcast/justin-am...ian-president/
    "And some of the things we can do, for example, would be to look into further nuclear power, and finding ways to get nuclear power in this country because it is a relatively safe form of production and very low emissions compared to other forms of energy.

There's a lot of pushback about that, whenever you talk about nuclear power, but I think it's important to consider it. I also think we need to make sure we're not subsidizing any particular energy sources. So to the extent there are oil subsidies or any other subsidies, we should get those subsidies out of the way and allow people in the market to make decisions about how they get their energy."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From that interview:

Justin Amash: It is really important. And I believe climate change is happening. I want to be clear about that because you sometimes hear from elected officials and it's not clear where they stand on that. I believe there is climate change. I believe it's very important. I believe that humans do affect it, and that we should take action with respect to climate change.

What action?

From that interview:

Justin Amash: It is really important. And I believe climate change is happening. I want to be clear about that because you sometimes hear from elected officials and it's not clear where they stand on that. I believe there is climate change. I believe it's very important. I believe that humans do affect it, and that we should take action with respect to climate change.

What action?
    Bingo. How is this guy passed off as a libertarian??
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Bingo. How is this guy passed off as a libertarian??

I have had my issues with Justin Amash especially with him not coming out against the lockdown and him supporting the bailouts but too be fair, he is a Ron Paul type of libertarian in this instance i.e. she supports letting people come and work without giving them welfare or citizenship. I think these are areas where grassroots conservatives differ from mainstream libertarianism.

We can disagree with him but that doesn't mean that he is a leftists. If anything, it is Bernie Sanders who supports your position(at least before he started running for office) but even that don't mean you are a leftist. You just happen to find yourself on the same side as Bernie

From that interview:

What action?
    Government action.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

From that interview:

What action?
    Whoa, trannies and global warming. smh.

I recall, a few years ago, watching part of town hall with him, where it struck me, "OMG, he's a progressive". I think it might have been about repealing Obamacare and though he was in favor of it, it was the way in which he pandered to the commies in the crowd that made me really suspicious of him. While his voting record wasn't affirming my spidey sense about him, I remained suspicious. Now, it's like he's removing the mask.

I think this guy is angry inside and has a massive chip on his shoulder. I do not think he likes "America" (the concept, traditions, etc).
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post

I recall, a few years ago, watching part of town hall with him, where it struck me, "OMG, he's a progressive". I think it might have been about repealing Obamacare and though he was in favor of it, it was the way in which he pandered to the commies in the crowd that made me really suspicious of him. While his voting record wasn't affirming my spidey sense about him, I remained suspicious. Now, it's like he's removing the mask.

I think this guy is angry inside and has a massive chip on his shoulder. I do not think he likes "America" (the concept, traditions, etc).
    It's becoming clear that he wants to destroy America.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post

Because how he votes doesn't matter and a scenario you made up does?

Amash is a leftist. He is not a libertarian. I just wish he would be honest about it. Moreover, he is a boring leftist. If you're going to tow the same line as Elizabeth Warren on something, then at least be bombastic about it. Stand out from the crowd.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The text is clear on the website of the party whose nomination he seeks, the Libertarian Party, which states matter of factly: “A matter as personal as gender identification should be decided by the person involved, not by the government.”

Amash on Transgender
    “I’ve always held the view that the government should not be a part of marriage. I think that marriage should be a private contract or a religious ceremony and not something that the government is a part of. But if the government is going to be a part of marriage for straight couples, then it must also allow others to get married.”

“Real threat to traditional marriage and religious liberty is government, not gay couples who love each other and want to spend lives together.”
    Amash on Environment

"I do think the federal government has a role in the environment,"

"A strong and prosperous economy is what helps keep the environment clean,"

"The stronger the economy, the more your country innovates."

"There are places where the EPA should have a role, but I do think the EPA overreaches."

"I do support eliminating the EPA's authority over those things."

"Government subsidies, regulations (like cap & trade), and taxes result in costlier and less efficient forms of energy than would be produced in the free market. Instead of letting you and me determine our needs, government intervention rewards energy producers with the most political pull, while discouraging innovation & eliminating the incentive to reduce costs. Energy sources that truly meet the demands of consumers will thrive in the marketplace and do not need government handouts to remain viable"

"I pledge to the taxpayers of my state, and to the American people, that I will oppose any legislation relating to climate change that includes a net increase in government revenue."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Amash Says That He Will Use Federal Dollars to Protect Transgenderism

Rep. Justin Amash (L-MI) has announced that protecting transgenderism is high on his priority list, and he would expend federal resources if he were elected president to harbor the delusions of these severely mentally ill individuals.
    “I would protect transgender Americans under the protections that exist for sex,” Amash said during a radio interview on Friday.
    Amash, who claims to be a crusader against government overreach, would expand current federal laws that are on the books to protect trannies.

“I think that people can take the term ‘sex’ that’s in federal law and interpret it to mean things beyond what it traditionally meant,” said Amash.

“Sometimes, we have to catch up to the law. In other words, the law is written and the law will be fairly broad, and the public and the courts are not actually caught up to what is actually in the text,” he added, setting the stage for a vast expansion of federal power.
    Amash has a long record of supporting government intervention to facilitate transgenderism.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/justin...-as-president/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Getting concerned how far he is moving in another direction so far so quickly although I do believe it was his intention to run when he came out in support of impeachment , I still personally like the guy and the job he had done . Now I am more worried he has just adapted the leftist Big L agenda and then whatever commie $#@! sarawark thinks of between now & then . These concerns are very legitimate regardless of whatever others say in his defense . I am concerned with his future not his past . What I see now is looking like a waste .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-03-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Getting concerned how far he is moving in another direction so far so quickly
    For those of us paying some attention it hasn't been a quick turn in that direction.

What I want to know is how the hell he kept getting elected in Michigan while supporting the climate change hoax?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    For those of us paying some attention it hasn't been a quick turn in that direction.

What I want to know is how the hell he kept getting elected in Michigan while supporting the climate change hoax?
    Because people in Michigan know what's important and thank goodness they didn't base their vote on something so unimportant as climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Because people in Michigan know what's important and thank goodness they didn't base their vote on something so unimportant as climate change.
    You are very ignorant.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Getting concerned how far he is moving in another direction so far so quickly although I do believe it was his intention to run when he came out in support of impeachment , I still personally like the guy and the job he had done . Now I am more worried he has just adapted the leftist Big L agenda and then whatever commie $#@! sarawark thinks of between now & then . These concerns are very legitimate regardless of whatever others say in his defense . I am concerned with his future not his past . What I see now is looking like a waste .
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again.

Okay. This is the first legitimate criticism I have seen here of Amash. It is still nothing in the grand scheme of his policy views but at least it isn't babbling about the deep state or the CIA or something about Chinese ties.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does it even matter? Amash is not going to be potus. He's a protest vote if you don't like Trump or Biden. Why expend your energy arguing some minor policy point that he will never do anything about?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Does it even matter? Amash is not going to be potus. He's a protest vote if you don't like Trump or Biden. Why expend your energy arguing some minor policy point that he will never do anything about?
    And this is a very valid line of thinking. Amash might get my vote simply as a protest despite the fact I disagree with him on some big things.

However it is important for the ideology and labeling not to get watered down. So if someone calls themselves a libertarian but yet they support big government nonsense, then they should indeed get called out for it. Two recent examples...Paul Ryan said he was a libertarian. Obama said he supported the 2nd Amendment. Obviously both are false.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And this is a very valid line of thinking. Amash might get my vote simply as a protest despite the fact I disagree with him on some big things.

However it is important for the ideology and labeling not to get watered down. So if someone calls themselves a libertarian but yet they support big government nonsense, then they should indeed get called out for it. Two recent examples...Paul Ryan said he was a libertarian. Obama said he supported the 2nd Amendment. Obviously both are false.
    Trump also said he supported the 2nd amendment but accomplished more to undermine it than did President Obama. Case in point the bumpfire stock ban. Trump floated red flag laws before backing away from them. He even suckered Rand into temporarily supporting them. (Worst move Rand ever made and in ever). And Trump has now twice pushed the idea of an assault weapons ban, once as a private citizen and once as president. By contrast Obama undid executive orders that banned guns on Amtrack and in Federal Parks. Trump is an undercover progressive himself.

But yeah, bad messaging on Amash's part. This kind of reminds me of the Gary Johnson "Jewish baker must bake a Nazi wedding cake" fiasco. Some people in the libertarian movement confuse libertarian with libertine. From the libertine movement, anyone who impinges on my "freedom" must be opposed by any means necessary. So if a performance venue refuses to allow an performance artist to smear herself with feces that's a violation of her free speech rights and must be opposed by the gubmint.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump also said he supported the 2nd amendment but accomplished more to undermine it than did President Obama. Case in point the bumpfire stock ban. Trump floated red flag laws before backing away from them. He even suckered Rand into temporarily supporting them. (Worst move Rand ever made and in ever). And Trump has now twice pushed the idea of an assault weapons ban, once as a private citizen and once as president. By contrast Obama undid executive orders that banned guns on Amtrack and in Federal Parks. Trump is an undercover progressive himself.
    Exactly, which is why I might vote for the LP nominee.

But yeah, bad messaging on Amash's part. This kind of reminds me of the Gary Johnson "Jewish baker must bake a Nazi wedding cake" fiasco. Some people in the libertarian movement confuse libertarian with libertine. From the libertine movement, anyone who impinges on my "freedom" must be opposed by any means necessary. So if a performance venue refuses to allow an performance artist to smear herself with feces that's a violation of her free speech rights and must be opposed by the gubmint.

Regarding what I've bolded above, consider the following facts:

The first red flag law in the US was enacted in Connecticut in 1999. There was almost no momentum favoring the gun grabbers over the next almost two decades so it took them 19 years to get red flag laws enacted in just 4 more states, leaving a total of 5 states having them by the start of 2018.

Then Trump made his infamous "take the guns first..." remark and things changed immediately.

Over the next year and a half or so 12 more states and DC enacted red flag laws. So far in 2020 2 more states have done so, leaving us with a total of 19 states and DC with such laws. Plus, there are serious effirts currently underway in at least 7 more states to get them passed, fortunately, thus far, unsuccessful efforts.

Trump has been much more of a liability than a benefit where the 2nd Amendment is concerned.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Regarding what I've bolded above, consider the following facts:

The first red flag law in the US was enacted in Connecticut in 1999. There was almost no momentum favoring the gun grabbers over the next almost two decades so it took them 19 years to get red flag laws enacted in just 4 more states, leaving a total of 5 states having them by the start of 2018.

Then Trump made his infamous "take the guns first..." remark and things changed immediately.

Over the next year and a half or so 12 more states and DC enacted red flag laws. So far in 2020 2 more states have done so, leaving us with a total of 19 states and DC with such laws. Plus, there are serious effirts currently underway in at least 7 more states to get them passed, fortunately, thus far, unsuccessful efforts.

Trump has been much more of a liability than a benefit where the 2nd Amendment is concerned.
    ^^^ This ^^^

I would add that as much as the 10th Amendment is needed in this form of governance, I got the distinct impression that tptb and Trump waited for when the time was ripe, and used it against us.

This is another example where there is NO provision in the centralist constitution to outline punishment of government workers if/when the people’s natural rights are violated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast