Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justin Amash launches an exploratory committee for the Libertarian Party nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Finished a distant fourth in vote total behind two people who dropped out early (Santorum and Gingrich). Won zero states. Was an abhorrent choice to 85% of Republican voters who would have voted for anyone but him.

He was never winning under any circumstance. He did as well as he did because the press and his opponents treated him with kid gloves. If any other candidate wanted to nuke him with ads they could have at anytime. They didn't because they knew he wasn't winning. Romney became his best buddy. And if he were winning primaries the press would have replayed endlessly his list of views that would have ended his campaign.
    Ron Paul almost won Iowa.He finished 2nd in New Hampshire.
    He did well Minnesota,Maine,Alaska,Idaho,North Dakota,Vermont & Virginia.
    He won one state Virgin Islands.
    Why did ron paul lose? Because most Republicans are not for limited Government!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Finally, we have a President who isn't a deep state tool and I would like to keep it that way.. not vote for somebody who promotes their agenda.
    Some of the time. He is a mixed bag. Sometimes he is great and other times he appoints deep state people like Pompeo, Kavanaugh, and Bill Barr.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Why did ron paul lose? Because most Republicans are not for limited Government!
    No, honestly Ron Paul lost because he refused to deal with the allegations of the racist newsletters at the last minute. He went away and hid from it instead of fighting against it. Otherwise Ron would have won Iowa. As someone on the inside of the campaign, it was frustrating as hell.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, honestly Ron Paul lost because he refused to deal with the allegations of the racist newsletters at the last minute. He went away and hid from it instead of fighting against it. Otherwise Ron would have won Iowa. As someone on the inside of the campaign, it was frustrating as hell.
    I hear ya man. I spent my christmas vacation in Boone Iowa door-knocking for the Ron Paul campaign. It was a magical time. Don't think I've ever felt more alive than that time period in my life.

Funny enough, i was looking through my former states house of rep's (Missouri) and I saw that one of my door knocking buddies is now a MO state congress member. Phil Christofanelli. I'm not well versed in Missouri state politics since i now live in GA but i hope he is advocating liberty policies in MO.
    Last edited by trey4sports; 04-30-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    two hardcore D friends of mine were both open to voting for Amash. they would never vote for the pussy-grabber, and I think they're starting to realize how difficult it may be to vote for a digital-rapist that keeps losing his Amtrak pass.

they do prefer peace and certain personal freedoms so....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Actually he won several states. And he was leading in the polls just prior to the Iowa Caucuses. Your memory is short.
    Zero states. Not one. Did win the Virgin Islands with 112 votes.

Distant fourth in voting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_R...tial_primaries

He would have lost by 40+ points in a head to head match up against every single person running in the Republican primary if it came down to two people and people had to pick one without there being any type of strategy involved.

You must've been high during the campaign, because that is NOT what happened.
    It is. Not remotely controversial. Not surprised you don't understand that. He was the press' useful idiot.

Some of the time. He is a mixed bag. Sometimes he is great and other times he appoints deep state people like Pompeo, Kavanaugh, and Bill Barr.
    He has his reasons. Look at the Fauci pick, for example. Fauci and the "experts" came out with astronomical numbers initially which did not pan out, and now Trump can claim a huge victory. Fauci provided cover for Trump by saying that Trump has taken all of his recommendations - despite the fact that Trump has not made any mandates, only put out guidelines.

Now we find out that Fauci was part of the crew that was doing research on the virus at the Wuhan lab. Do you think we would have found that out otherwise? Would the general public have any idea who he was if we had, or would it have just been buried? Since he is front and center, it will be more difficult to bury this story and it could uncover a whole lot of stuff that some people don't want us to know about.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He would have lost by 40+ points in a head to head match up against every single person running in the Republican primary if it came down to two people
    I seem to recall the biggest reason a lot of people didn't want to vote for him was because "he has no chance of winning". If it were a head to head match up and it looked like he had a chance of winning, there is no telling how many people may have voted for him.. especially as he got more media exposure.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He has his reasons. Look at the Fauci pick, for example. Fauci and the "experts" came out with astronomical numbers initially which did not pan out, and now Trump can claim a huge victory. Fauci provided cover for Trump by saying that Trump has taken all of his recommendations - despite the fact that Trump has not made any mandates, only put out guidelines.

Now we find out that Fauci was part of the crew that was doing research on the virus at the Wuhan lab. Do you think we would have found that out otherwise? Would the general public have any idea who he was if we had, or would it have just been buried? Since he is front and center, it will be more difficult to bury this story and it could uncover a whole lot of stuff that some people don't want us to know about.
    Exactly, and these people are so arrogant they think they can wield their power over all of us, which has exposed them to people who would not otherwise have payed attention. Lots of people are now paying attention towards the push of vaccines while there are other ways to stop this virus.

The agenda is being exposed!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...27610411307010

Obviously Confused Amash Runs For President Even Though We Already Have Two Choices

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Representative Justin Amash apparently can’t count to two. If he could, he’d notice that the U.S. already has two options for president: Donald Trump and Joe Biden. And yet the confused Amash has now entered the race as some sort of option beyond the two.

“I have no idea what’s going on,” said pundit Troy Bennett. “We already have a first party and a second party. I don’t even know what you’d call this additional party entering the race. It’s chaos.”

Presidential elections are when the American public chooses between a Republican and a Democrat for president. If they choose the wrong one, it could cause the complete destruction of all they hold dear. Luckily, they’ve always chosen the right one each election, and the country has continued to exist. It is unknown how some sort of option beyond Republican and Democrat could affect things, though, and scientists are baffled.

“We really have no idea how to characterize this unprecedented phenomenon,” said researcher Dr. Eric Rowe, who is currently studying advanced theoretical political science at the Large Hadron Collider. “It’s like how things in the universe are either charged negatively or positively -- there’s no third way. The mind can’t even process that. So, yes, voting for Amash could cause the collapse of the entire universe. Or the candidate you least like to be elected. Whichever is worse.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    I hear ya man. I spent my christmas vacation in Boone Iowa door-knocking for the Ron Paul campaign. It was a magical time. Don't think I've ever felt more alive than that time period in my life.
    Heh yeah... I would give almost anything to relive the winter of 2011-2012.

Thumbs down

Zero states. Not one.
    You need to go back and look at your numbers from a more reliable source. He had the majority of delegates from several states. 9 states maybe? I don't remember the exact number but he did in fact win several states.

He would have lost by 40+ points in a head to head match up against every single person running in the Republican primary if it came down to two people and people had to pick one without there being any type of strategy involved.
    Hypothetical polls are hypothetical.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123