Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72

Thread: Justin Amash launches an exploratory committee for the Libertarian Party nomination

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Justin Amash launches an exploratory committee for the Libertarian Party nomination

    Amash 2020 is happening just when I started to think it wouldn’t. I wonder if he is changing his registration to Libertarian(which would make him the first Libertarian congressman)?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Dumb.


    Another one to throw away a massive opportunity.


    Plus he supports UBI/socialism, no thanks.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Dumb.


    Another one to throw away a massive opportunity.


    Plus he supports UBI/socialism, no thanks.
    I'm beginning to worry about you; are you OK?

  5. #4
    Amash / GunnyFreedom 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

  6. #5
    Amash for America
    A * AmashForAmerica
    $25.00

    04/29/2020 01:25AM
    just me

  7. #6
    Though I like Justin on most things, folks still looking for a “president”.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Though I like Justin on most things, folks still looking for a “president”.
    In what ways would Donald Trump or Joe Biden be a better president than Justin Amash?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    In what ways would Donald Trump or Joe Biden be a better president than Justin Amash?
    Global Corp and the American People do not want such a candidate.

    I would like Justin to have the stage during debates, if possible, to talk to the people like Ron did/does.

    My hope is that people (with a sh at the beginning) will stop worrying about president and begin to think and act as individuals.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Global Corp and the American People do not want such a candidate.

    I would like Justin to have the stage during debates, if possible, to talk to the people like Ron did/does.

    My hope is that people (with a sh at the beginning) will stop worrying about president and begin to think and act as individuals.
    I agree American people don't want such a candidate, except 1%-5%. American people don't want to eat healthy and exercise either until they have serious health problems. At some point the culmination of runaway federal spending, neo-conservation foreign policy, deterioration of individual rights is going to take effect. Limited government is the change that is needed for the serious "health" problems caused by the two party system.

  12. #10
    “Amash” is #1 trending on twitter, however it is mostly due to $#@!libs being like “omg he’s going to get us 4 more years of Trump”.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    “Amash” is #1 trending on twitter, however it is mostly due to $#@!libs being like “omg he’s going to get us 4 more years of Trump”.
    It will be interesting to see who this hits hardest...
    just me

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    It will be interesting to see who this hits hardest...
    Yeah, how many votes do Amash and Ventura peel away?
    When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Federal Reserve Notes of patriotic central banks

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    It will be interesting to see who this hits hardest...
    I can predict that . No libs will be voting for Amash .

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    “Amash” is #1 trending on twitter, however it is mostly due to $#@!libs being like “omg he’s going to get us 4 more years of Trump”.
    This is not true. NO Democrat will ever vote for Amash. Do you really think that a Democrat is going to vote for somebody who is for less government?
    Democrats want more spending & more Taxes!

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This is not true. NO Democrat will ever vote for Amash. Do you really think that a Democrat is going to vote for somebody who is for less government?
    Democrats want more spending & more Taxes!
    Not so fast. Bernie Bros were burned by the DNC. Twice. Though Amash is smaller government, he's anti-Trump and another underdog to support. If Amash played it right, which is all so hard to do, he might actually find a middle ground of 5%. If the economy is in the $#@!ter come election time, a good many Republicans might back him. Which would be enough for his goal...

    Rather than winning 270 electoral votes and the presidency outright, he may be looking to be a spoiler candidate ― preventing either Trump or Biden from getting 270. In that situation, the election would be thrown to the House of Representatives, and Amash may think he can be a compromise candidate.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not so fast. Bernie Bros were burned by the DNC. Twice. Though Amash is smaller government, he's anti-Trump and another underdog to support. If Amash played it right, which is all so hard to do, he might actually find a middle ground of 5%. If the economy is in the $#@!ter come election time, a good many Republicans might back him. Which would be enough for his goal...
    Even if he didn't throw the election to the house but got 5% nationwide that would give the LP automatic ballot access in all 50 states for 2024 and they could use their resources toward advertising in 2024 rather than getting on the ballot.
    just me



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Even if he didn't throw the election to the house but got 5% nationwide that would give the LP automatic ballot access in all 50 states for 2024 and they could use their resources toward advertising in 2024 rather than getting on the ballot.
    Debate appearance and 5% are major milestones that could break the two party death strangle on the country.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not so fast. Bernie Bros were burned by the DNC. Twice. Though Amash is smaller government, he's anti-Trump and another underdog to support. If Amash played it right, which is all so hard to do, he might actually find a middle ground of 5%. If the economy is in the $#@!ter come election time, a good many Republicans might back him. Which would be enough for his goal...
    About 85-90% of Bernie sanders supporters voted for Hillary Clinton. They are going to vote for Biden since their dear leader supports him.
    Bernie Bros are economically Communists they would never vote for a Libertarian.
    Amash is not going to get many Republicans since he is weak on immigration. Immigration matters to people.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    About 85-90% of Bernie sanders supporters voted for Hillary Clinton. They are going to vote for Biden since their dear leader supports him.
    Bernie Bros are economically Communists they would never vote for a Libertarian.
    Amash is not going to get many Republicans since he is weak on immigration. Immigration matters to people.
    Well, that leaves 10% so..... <shrug>

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This is not true. NO Democrat will ever vote for Amash. Do you really think that a Democrat is going to vote for somebody who is for less government?
    Democrats want more spending & more Taxes!
    Democraps are worried that never Trumpers who would have nowhere to go other than Biden will now vote for Amash.
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

    No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Democraps are worried that never Trumpers who would have nowhere to go other than Biden will now vote for Amash.
    Most Never Trumpers are Neoconservatives & they will not vote for Amash.
    They will vote for Biden.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Most Never Trumpers are Neoconservatives & they will not vote for Amash.
    They will vote for Biden.
    Depends on the spin. Amash never digitally penetrated a woman against her will. At least we know of. I now many DEMs. They don't particularly care for Biden. He's just someone that is not Trump.

  26. #23
    Amash / Sharpe 2020 is your winning ticket. Larry can take anyone in a debate.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

    And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

  27. #24
    He has no chance of winning. Might break 1% if he is lucky. Hope nobody wastes a lot of money on this. I will vote for him if he is the LP nominee though.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He has no chance of winning. Might break 1% if he is lucky. Hope nobody wastes a lot of money on this. I will vote for him if he is the LP nominee though.
    I have doubts the libertarian party will ever break one percent in more than a handful of states again .

  30. #26
    The world as we know it being dismantled and mass genocide is planned and he's exploring a Libertarian bid. What planet is he on? He should start a militia.

    I received a most unsatisfactory reply from him about the destruction of our freedom and this lockdown $#@!. He's worthless.
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

    No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The world as we know it being dismantled and mass genocide is planned and he's exploring a Libertarian bid. What planet is he on? He should start a militia.

    I received a most unsatisfactory reply from him about the destruction of our freedom and this lockdown $#@!. He's worthless.
    Care to post it?

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Care to post it?
    Yeah, hang on. I'll see if I have what I sent, as well. I wrote basically the same letter to him, the MI state senate leader and my MI state senator.

    brb
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

    No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Yeah, hang on. I'll see if I have what I sent, as well. I wrote basically the same letter to him, the MI state senate leader and my MI state senator.

    brb
    Maybe you should follow his Twitter, where he addresses specifics about your concerns, instead of relying on a generic form letter sent by a staffer.

    Quote Originally Posted by bananadan View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbEw90Z5adk

    Read the comments: - that is what Trumptards actually think of Amash, unlike what compulsive liar dannno says.
    I scrolled for a while. Truly is scary to read how many flat out brainwashed Fox News morons are out there. These people still can't see that Trump is as big a socialist as Nancy??? Fluoride is a hell of a drug...

    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    well, i'm very happy to have the first "open" libertarian in congress and i'll proudly sport an Amash 2020 bumpersticker
    Finally some real libertarians to choose from this time instead of retread elite family Beltway faux libertarians like Chafee.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-29-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

  34. #30
    Okay, this was to the MI state pols and my letter to Amash was tailored to him, as a federal rep, but this it was pretty much the same letter:

    March 27

    Gentlemen,

    I'm a Republican in Alto MI and I always vote. Rarely do I write to politicians because it's generally useless and generates only canned responses. I hope this won't be the case this time.

    Gretchen Whitmer is out of control and is exceeding her powers as governor. She is trashing both our federal and state constitutions, destroying Michigan's economy and has become a threat to the unalienable rights of every Michigan citizen. She and her fellow travelers have threatened citizens, businesses, doctors, pharmacists, etc. This is Stalinesque. She's depending on the abusive potential of bureaucracy to create fear in the daily normal activities of people dependent on state licensure, knowing that anyone in that situation has to expect burdensome, expensive and punitive consequences intended only to demonstrate dictatorial power. This is tyranny.

    Gretchen Whitmer and her crew of fellow travelers are domestic enemies and you must address this and call for her removal IMMEDIATELY. I don't know or care what that entails but find the way and DO IT. I will remind you all that you took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Well, that time has arrived. Make haste.

    "The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men."
    - Samuel Adams




    A month later I get this from Amash:

    Thank you for contacting my office regarding COVID-19 and the State of Michigan. These are challenging times, and I appreciate hearing your concerns.



    After Governor Whitmer issued her April 9 executive order, I shared publicly my concern that the state government was going too far. Several measures, such as banning landscaping services or prohibiting open retailers from selling items related to home and garden maintenance, provide marginal benefits at best, while substantially heightening frustration and resentment.



    Sensible instructions to practice social distancing, wear masks, and stay at home already do most of the work to reduce the virus’s spread. By pushing too far, the governor could undermine her own authority and increase the likelihood people will not follow reasonable guidelines. Not every place has the same risks, and communities and businesses should be allowed to establish safety procedures based on actual conditions.



    On April 24, the governor issued a new order that extends most restrictions through May 15 while also lifting many of the most concerning parts of her previous order. The order is available at https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...6894--,00.html. My staff and I are reviewing the full order, and I will keep your concerns in mind as I continue to monitor the overall COVID-19 response.



    Information and resources on COVID-19 are available from the State of Michigan at https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus and from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at https://www.cdc.gov. If you need any assistance with a federal agency, please feel free to reach out to my Grand Rapids office at (616) 451-8383. Thank you again for contacting me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________


    So, not one word about the Bill of Rights and he supports some of the communist restrictions. $#@! him.
    You've got Sharia patrols in the USA..?

    No, not in America, only in the big cities. there are no americans there, only democrats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Bill Weld launches GOP presidential exploratory committee
    By PAF in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-24-2019, 06:38 PM
  2. Amash to run for Libertarian Party nomination?
    By Brett85 in forum Justin Amash Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 10:18 AM
  3. Ron Paul Texas launches exploratory campaign committee
    By hillbilly123069 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
  4. Mitt Romney Launches Presidential Exploratory Committee
    By tangent4ronpaul in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
  5. Nader Launches Exploratory Committee [Video]
    By Knightskye in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •