Thread: Goal is in sight!

Smile Goal is in sight!

As some of you know, I've been helping run a rescue operation, together with other liberty-loving friends, since 2009. Right now due to the loss of revenue from our normal fundraising activities (thanks to this virus nonsense) we've reached a critical point. So I started a charity fundraiser. If we can get a total of $1k from a minimum of ten donors in the next 7 days, GoFundMe Charity will give us a matching grant! This would get us over the hump, I think!

So if you can chip in, that would be great, and/or share the link on your social media account(s)?

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/ca...ng-up-for-cats

Thanks in advance!

We are just $375 away from the goal as of now!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Three very generous people chipped in a total of $625 prior to my posting this here. Another just sent $10. So now we need only 6 more donations to reach the minimum number of donors to qualify for the grant. I know there are still people here who've helped this cat operation in the past. I was hoping some of them might see this post...

Help KSH At No Cost

Guys and gals, the cats really need your help with this effort. Please go to the page linked above and Share. It will help immensely to get this in front of more people. We need five more donors and $340 in contributions, by May 5th, to qualify for the matching grant.

Thank you so much!!
    Last edited by Suzu; 04-29-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Creeping closer to the goal... still need four more donors and $330. Can you help put us over the top? I've been trying to contact all past donors but about have lost the contact info for many.

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/ca...ng-up-for-cats

We have 7 donors now and $305 more to raise, by Tuesday May 5th. The latest donor is my co-founder's brother. @KCIndy was our best cheerleader here in past fundraising efforts, along with @Deborah K. Where are they now?

We now have 9 donors and only $232 left to raise in order to qualify for the matching $1k grant. It would be such a huge blessing for the cats if we manage to get this done!

I've said it before and will say it again here, because it's still true (and always will be): The only people involved in any way with this organization who receive any compensation are veterinarians. Every cent we take in is used directly to support the cats' welfare. Any money that you might decide to chip in will not be enriching me or any other person who takes care of these cats (aside from the vet, from time to time, which is unavoidable).

[Note: I tried attaching pics to this post. On previewing it after doing so, three out of five pics were incorrectly oriented, and I couldn't find a way to fix that. Also, they were all stretched way out to fill the screen, making them look very "grainy", but I do not know how to shrink them to their original size once uploaded to this site, either. The same thing happened after I uploaded them to Flickr and tried inserting them from those URLs. So I gave up and just linked to the external photos.]

One of the current rescue residents is Sophie. She was thrown out of a car along with her brother, Dimitri. Sophie was trembling and wet from being sprayed with a water gun when she came to us. She's about the sweetest little kitty I've ever met. Dimitri is sweet, too, but he likes to leap onto your shoulder by surprise, then tangle himself in your hair and nomm on your scalp. Both of them almost died of a flare-up of some rare kitty virus right after their neutering surgeries. Their mouths were so sore they couldn't eat, drink or even groom themselves for a long time without pain meds. The vet put it down to the extreme stress of their ordeal, brought to a crisis by the surgeries. They're both fine now, but the vet bills!!! This is the sort of stuff we deal with. It's very rewarding but sometimes quite heartbreaking at the same time.

Another recent rescue we did was a large tom named Bruiser. He showed up with one ear torn to shreds and his face badly scratched. We had him neutered and treated by the vet, then he spent a week or so in our quarantine area. His wounds are all healed now, and he's a very happy boy! See these before and after pics of Bruiser.

Mimi was dumped here on the night of April 14, 2019 after recently giving birth to a litter. The scumbag(s) who left her didn't even provide a cardboard box for warmth. That night, the temp went down to near freezing while Mimi hunted for a safe place to move her brood. By morning, there was a trail of kittens dead of hypothermia leading to the new nest, where a single survivor was mewling as Mimi did her best to let us know what had happened. The vet thinks Mimi's ears were damaged by frostbite. She also had a severe abdominal hernia, possibly from being kicked, or from being attacked by a dog. They tried to repair it when she was out for spaying but later said that it might not hold due to the severity of the damage.

These are just a few of the cats we've helped recently. This is the sort of work your donation would support. If you think it's worthwhile, and you can spare a few dollars, we will be very grateful!
    Last edited by Suzu; 05-02-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Well, we reached the $1k goal, however it did not happen quickly enough to get the matching funds. Only the first 350 charities to hit that goal got the grant money. They will still be giving away $50k more on Tuesday, for the top ten fundraisers on Tuesday -- meaning which raise the most funds ON that day.

I found another platform that is matching EVERY donation made on Tuesday, May 5th ONLY. Signed up the rescue... Please share link:

https://now.firespring.com/nonprofit...o-kill-shelter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I found another platform that is matching EVERY donation made on Tuesday, May 5th ONLY. Signed up the rescue... Please share link:

https://now.firespring.com/nonprofit...o-kill-shelter
    Oops! Incorrect! This matching challenge continues through May 26!