Thread: Millions Of Americans Now Make More Money Being Unemployed Than They Did When They Worked

Millions Of Americans Now Make More Money Being Unemployed Than They Did When They Worked

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...tually-working

More than 26 million Americans have filed new claims for unemployment benefits in recent weeks, and a lot of them will now be bringing home much more money than they did while they were actually working. Needless to say, this is going to create a perverse incentive for people to stay unemployed for as long as possible. Just think about this for a moment. If you could earn more money sitting on your sofa gobbling down chips and watching Netflix, what possible motivation would you have to go back to work? Many low paid workers are going to want to ride this gravy train all the way to the end, and as you will see below, this is already causing big problems for businesses all across America.

So how did we get to this point?

Well, the Democrats pushed extremely hard to get a provision into the CARES Act that would give unemployed workers an additional $600 a week on top of any normal unemployment benefits. The following comes from USA Today…

The CARES Act includes a $600-a-week bonus until July 31 for those registered as unemployed. The $600 is issued in addition to the standard unemployment benefit, which varies by state and by individuals’ record of previous earnings.

This means that for the next several months, unemployed workers all over America will be bringing home at least the equivalent of $15 an hour based on a 40 hour work week, and some Republican members of Congress were very concerned about this…

Some Republican lawmakers warned about this unintended consequence of the relief bill when it was being drafted, noting that $600 a week amounts to $15 an hour, more than twice the federal minimum wage. That’s in addition to state unemployment benefits, which vary widely, from a maximum of $235 per week in Mississippi to $795 per week in Massachusetts.

Despite those concerns, the CARES Act easily sailed through both chambers of Congress, and now we are stuck with it.

If it was just a small percentage of workers that were being overpaid not to work, we could certainly live with that on a temporary basis.

But according to one study, more than 42 percent of all workers made less than $15 an hour in 2015…

According to a report by the Leadership Conference Fund and the Georgetown Center on Poverty and Inequality, 42.4% of people working in the United States in 2015 earned less than $15 an hour.

So how is the economy supposed to “get back to normal” if more than 40 percent of our workers would be better off unemployed?

In a previous article, I documented the fact that Social Security Administration numbers show that half of all U.S. workers make less than $33,000 a year. Of course if you multiply $600 by 52 weeks, you get $31,200. The provision in the CARES Act that pays this bonus money to unemployed workers is supposed to expire on July 31st, but there is likely going to be a tremendous push to extend these benefits far beyond that date.

Full article at link

---

Just wait until the Inflation and Interest for all this new money hits. What could possibly go wrong?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just because they filed doesn't mean they got it.

Not me , I never filed and have not gotten a stimulus , my govt loan application was denied . I have worked one day in the past 45 days . Two thirds of my income comes from two businesses that were deemed non essential by the state govt . So I've lived on 1/3 up to now . Intend to go back to my part time job 5/05 or look for another job. I just hate govt even more than I already did .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-26-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian TV
    What could possibly go wrong?
    At least gas is cheaper now. It seems like at this time I do actually have more money than before.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not me , I never filed and have not gotten a stimulus , my govt loan application was denied . I have worked one day in the past 45 days . Two thirds of my income comes from two businesses that were deemed non essential by the state govt . So I've lived on 1/3 up to now . Intend to go back to my part time job 5/05 or look for another job. I just hate govt even more than I already did .
    I have received nothing and I have applied for nothing.

Slow and steady working in my shop..

Yep. They have incentivized the lowest paid and entry level workers to not go back to work.

There was a business owner on TV who said that many of his employees had told him they are not coming hack to work until the UI runs out. I talked to someone this weekend who would not go back to work for this reason.

People on UI are supposed to be looking for work, and if their job is available to them, theoretically they no longer qualify for UI.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yep. They have incentivized the lowest paid and entry level workers to not go back to work.

There was a business owner on TV who said that many of his employees had told him they are not coming hack to work until the UI runs out. I talked to someone this weekend who would not go back to work for this reason.

People on UI are supposed to be looking for work, and if their job is available to them, theoretically they no longer qualify for UI.
    Im not sure how this is gonna turn out. It has high potential for problems as well as solutions.

Biggest thing I am concerned about is Hyperinflation. This new money has to get its value from somewhere, and in the end, it will all end up going back to the rich.

Possible upside is if this is "temporary", and the extra unemployment money ends in 3 months like they say, then hopefully people will have enough to pay their bills, and with extra money could increase spending, which may offset the coming Depression? I doubt that is how it is gonna turn out as the real owners of the world know damn good and well to never let a good crisis go to waste.

We may very well end this all with mandatory chips and vaccinations.

The last 20 years we have been told to be afraid of "Weapons of Mass Destruction", then pretty much Brown People, after this it will be "be afraid of the Unvaccinated and Unchipped".
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I suspect a lot of people will take advantage of this and remain unemployed and won't go back to work for a while.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drug dealers like to give potential new customers free samples to get them hooked/addicted.

Govco has a bunch of potential new customers getting a free sample of UBI right now.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that Congress may need to consider a guaranteed income for Americans as one way to keep people employed while the country remains paralyzed by the coronavirus pandemic.

"Let's see what works, what is operational and what needs attention," the California Democrat said in an interview with MSNBC.

"Others have suggested a minimum income, a guaranteed income for people. Is that worthy of attention now? Perhaps so. Because there are many more people than just in small business and hired by small business ... that may need some assistance as well."

An aide to Pelosi later clarified that the Speaker was referring specifically to paycheck guarantee proposals, and not to a more sweeping universal basic income.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/27/coro...losi-says.html

Slippery slope?

I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

yeah, even in Trump world, the rich have it harder than the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I suspect a lot of people will take advantage of this and remain unemployed and won't go back to work for a while.
    yeah, wouldn't you if you could?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    At least gas is cheaper now. It seems like at this time I do actually have more money than before.
    2008 all over again, except this time there's netflix and smart phones.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    2008 all over again, except this time there's netflix and smart phones.
    I don't have either one so maybe that is why my money goes farther. I do land line and I don't even have an antenna for tv. I know some people who have these things. I do watch youtube. I tried netflix in a free trial online and I just couldn't stand the programing even for free. I saw a bunch of what I would call blatantly satanic and demonic. I got enough problems to solve for myself without inviting that cr@p in.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    yeah, even in Trump world, the rich have it harder than the poor.
    Returning to my part time retirement job 5/01 it looks like . I feel wealthy already .

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't have either one so maybe that is why my money goes farther. I do land line and I don't even have an antenna for tv. I know some people who have these things. I do watch youtube. I tried netflix in a free trial online and I just couldn't stand the programing even for free. I saw a bunch of what I would call blatantly satanic and demonic. I got enough problems to solve for myself without inviting that cr@p in.
    good for you, but for other people, it's an easy way to keep them occupied and thus cause less trouble.

Returning to my part time retirement job 5/01 it looks like . I feel wealthy already .
    I feel wealthy too. I have everything I need it feels great. I am glad I thought about having what I need when I was young. I can have anything I want because I have everything I need to get it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.