Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Michael Moore Documentary Completely Trashes Green New Deal

Wow, what an excellent exposé on the green fraudsters! Depressing and sad, yes, but knowledge is power and the more people know the truth, the sooner we can address real environmental issues. These fraudsters destroyed the real movement and replaced it with "climate change" and making CO2 the enemy, all to line their own pockets.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I'm not spending a dime to watch anything Mike produces just to see him turn around and donate it to the DNC.
    It's free and there aren't even any ads. Well worth watching.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As much as I dislike Michael Moore I watched the “documentary”. I honestly found it a welcome relief from all the green energy now movements.

It was a bit melodramatic but served a means to an end. The message I took away was really the out of control population was doing more harm than any fossil fuel damage and the green movement was really at this point nothing but a man behind the curtain scenario.

I did find the back ground music “In the Court of the Crimson King” amusing, as per my signature.
    Also the fool/charlatan Josh Fox’s comments made me smile. Sill trying to be relevant....
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    It's free and there aren't even any ads. Well worth watching.
    Ok, I watched it on your advise. It was insightful and enlightening. The best part was that Mike wasn't in it and this guy was ok. After the end I felt that the take home messages are

1) population control
    2) energy offsets
    3) lifestyle management

1) Population control to reduce demand on resources. Do we need a mass population die off? (see minute 49) regarding our state of denial.
    2) They reiterate new forms of energy to offset another form. Biomass to offset fossil fuels and they mentioned seaweed (kelp) as one. Reminded me of Soylent Green when they mentioned animal fat as fuel. Will we dump bodies into the meat grinder (literally) as an alternative fuel source? Will we walk around knowing that we ourselves are the alternative fuel to keep society running?
    3) I really liked the points that Prof. Sheldon Solomon makes at minute 49 of the film. The huge culture shift that would be required. This will not happen voluntarily. To that end, I feel we are going to be in constant wars and incursions due to cultural clashes and all that entails. This would require that everyone get on the same page. How is that decided? Who gets to set those rules?

Moreover, I'm left wondering where does one's freewill fit into all of this?

p.s. and thank you Susano for the recommendation. + rep.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Ok, I watched it on your advise. It was insightful and enlightening. The best part was that Mike wasn't in it and this guy was ok. After the end I felt that the take home messages are

1) population control
    2) energy offsets
    3) lifestyle management

1) Population control to reduce demand on resources. Do we need a mass population die off? (see minute 49) regarding our state of denial.
    2) They reiterate new forms of energy to offset another form. Biomass to offset fossil fuels and they mentioned seaweed (kelp) as one. Reminded me of Soylent Green when they mentioned animal fat as fuel. Will we dump bodies into the meat grinder (literally) as an alternative fuel source? Will we walk around knowing that we ourselves are the alternative fuel to keep society running?
    3) I really liked the points that Prof. Sheldon Solomon makes at minute 49 of the film. The huge culture shift that would be required. This will not happen voluntarily. To that end, I feel we are going to be in constant wars and incursions due to cultural clashes and all that entails. This would require that everyone get on the same page. How is that decided? Who gets to set those rules?

Moreover, I'm left wondering where does one's freewill fit into all of this?

p.s. and thank you Susano for the recommendation. + rep.
    The film opposed the atrocious use of animal bodies (I had to cover my eyes during that ) and drew attention to biomass burning as a green scam. I don't think it offered solutions for the alleged "problem" of conventional forms of energy, it just pointed out that the alternatives being sold as green are a fraud, often do more environmental damage and are schemes by people enriching themselves based up lies. That's why I liked it. I completely disagree with his POV on population and that just leads to Bill Gates territory. It's deeply immoral. Like most people, I have my own ideas about environmental issues and how to tackle them but they don't involve culling anyone or deciding how many souls have a right to inhabit the earth. I found him to a be tired old leftie in that regard but still thought the exposing of the fraud was very worth seeing.

-GLP poster

I watched it. I’d reiterate that Michael Moore is only a producer. It was written and narrated by Jeff Gibbs.

They expose the energy in, energy out scam that is “green” energy. It takes energy and resources (creating pollution along the way) to manufacture, and the energy produced is minimal, short-lived and unreliable. Gas fired power is still required. That part was already known to many people.

They also exposed the biofuel disaster. Destroying the forests of the world to burn wood. Brilliant. Farming a section of land for trees is one thing, but that would never create enough biomass. So instead they are destroying the rain forests and older growth forests. What could possibly go wrong?

Apparently Koch industries is behind a lot of the green energy industry. The whole green industry is exposed as a money making scam (not limited to Koch). Plenty of fraudsters out there like Al Gore.

The take away is population control. They don't really suggest any solutions to that. I would offer that as the world develops, population growth naturally tapers off. But once again, the same corrupt billionaire interests profit from population growth and cheap labor, thus the powers that be want population growth.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    As much as I dislike Michael Moore I watched the “documentary”. I honestly found it a welcome relief from all the green energy now movements.

It was a bit melodramatic but served a means to an end. The message I took away was really the out of control population was doing more harm than any fossil fuel damage and the green movement was really at this point nothing but a man behind the curtain scenario.

I did find the back ground music “In the Court of the Crimson King” amusing, as per my signature.
    Also the fool/charlatan Josh Fox’s comments made me smile. Sill trying to be relevant....
    Therein lies the real agenda of the hardcore greeners. It's faster, easier and cheaper to just kill a bunch of people (which never includes them, of course, because who will oversee the extermination and inherit the new clean planet??) through starvation, poor living conditions, vaccines (see Gates' 15% population reduction via vaccines comments) than to try to replace fossil fuels with other energy sources. The corporate greeners want to sell green tech to the 3rd world. The hardcore greeners just want to kill a bunch of people. It is Bill Gates' wet dream.

Thanks to others for watching it and posting the conclusions so I didn't have to. The irony of a morbidly obese rich man financing a film that apparently implies that useless eaters (all the other ones, of course, not him) are the problem, is too much for me to digest.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-30-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Finally watched it - this is a "must see" imo, whether you like Moore or not.

Totally exposed Al Gore as a complete fraud and profiteer on green energy.

Completely exposed industrial green energy as a fraud and worse for the planet than just burning fossil fuels.

Scott Adams mentioned was that there was one very important word conspicuously missing from the documentary. Nuclear. First generation nuclear plants were very dangerous - think Chernoble. Second generation plants have the huge domes and are what most people know as nuclear energy. They are occasionally prone to failure - think Fukishima. Third generation are currently being built and running, and these are much safer than Gen 2. Gen 4 is where it really gets interesting. These are incapable of meltdowns. Some designs use spent fuel from Gen 2 and 3 plants as fuel, with almost zero nuclear waste. Other Gen 4 designs produce zero or almost zero nuclear waste.

I can't really see us headed anywhere else at this point.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

New Michael Moore-Backed Documentary On YouTube Reveals Massive Ecological Impacts Of Renewables

Over the last 10 years, everyone from celebrity influencers including Elon Musk, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Al Gore, to major technology brands including Apple, have repeatedly claimed that renewables like solar panels and wind farms are less polluting than fossil fuels.

But a new documentary, “Planet of the Humans,” being released free to the public on YouTube today, the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, reveals that industrial wind farms, solar farms, biomass, and biofuels are wrecking natural environments.

“Planet of the Humans was produced by Oscar-winning filmmaker Michael Moore. “I assumed solar panels would last forever,” Moore told Reuters. “I didn’t know what went into the making of them.”

The film shows both abandoned industrial wind and solar farms and new ones being built — but after cutting down forests. “It suddenly dawned on me what we were looking at was a solar dead zone,” says filmmaker Jeff Gibbs, staring at a former solar farm in California. “I learned that the solar panels don’t last.”
    The film unearths a great deal of information I had never seen before. It shows Apple’s head of sustainability, former EPA head Lisa Jackson, claiming on-stage at an Apple event, “We now run Apple on 100% renewable energy,” to loud applause.

But Gibbs interviews a scientist who researched corporate renewables programs who said, “I haven’t found a single entity anywhere in the world running on 100% solar and wind alone.” The film shows a forest being cut down to build an Apple solar farm.

After Earth Day Founder Denis Hayes claims at a 2015 Earth Day concert that the event was being powered by solar, Gibbs goes behind the stage to find out the truth. “The concert is run by a diesel generation system,” the solar vendor said. “That right there could run a toaster,” said another vendor.

The film also debunks the claim made by Elon Musk that his “Gigafactory” to make batteries is powered by renewables. In fact, it is hooked up to the electric grid.

“Some solar panels are built to only last 10 years,” said a man selling materials for solar manufacturing at a corporate expo. “It’s not like you get this magic free energy. I don’t know that it’s the solution and here I am selling the materials that go in photovoltaics.”

“What powers a learning community?” said MicKibben at the unveiling of a wood-burning power plant at Middlebury College in Vermont. “As of this afternoon, the easy answer to this is wood chips. It’s incredibly beautiful to look at the bunker of wood chips. Anything that burns we can throw in there! This shows that this could happen everywhere, should happen everywhere, and must happen everywhere!”

The film reveals that climate activist Bill McKibben of 350.org, and the Sierra Club, supported a Michigan ballot initiative that would have required the state get 25% of its electricity from renewables by 2025, and that the initiative was backed by biomass industrial interests, and that efforts to build a biomass plant at Michigan State University were hotly opposed by climate activists — including ones from 350.org.

In reality, scientists have for over a decade raised the alarm about biomass and biofuels causing rainforest destruction around the world including Brazil and Malaysia, and have documented that, when one takes into account their landscape impacts, the fuels produce significantly higher carbon emissions than oil and gas and may produce more than coal.
    The main problem with biofuels—the land required—stems from their low power density. If the United States were to replace all of its gasoline with corn ethanol, it would need an area 50 percent larger than all of the current U.S. cropland.

Even the most efficient biofuels, like those made from soybeans, require 450 to 750 times more land than petroleum. The best performing biofuel, sugarcane ethanol, widely used in Brazil, requires 400 times more land to produce the same amount of energy as petroleum.

Publicly, renewables advocates promote solar panels as an alternative to fossil fuels. “There were days where Germany was generating 80 percent of its power from solar,” said Mckibben. In reality, wind and solar provided just 34 percent of German electricity in 2019, and Germany relies upon burning natural gas, coal, and biogas from corn.
    Building the Ivanpah solar farm resulted in the deaths of hundreds of old desert tortoises. “Deserts are not dead,” said the filmmaker. “They are in fact full of ancient life.”
    The man noted that Koch Industries provide many of the materials used to build solar panels and industrial solar farms. “The funny part is that when you criticize solar plants like this you are accused of working for the Koch brothers,” he laughs. “That’s the idiocy. This relies on the most toxic industrial processes we’ve ever created.”
    More: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...of-renewables/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Building the Ivanpah solar farm resulted in the deaths of hundreds of old desert tortoises. “Deserts are not dead,” said the filmmaker. “They are in fact full of ancient life.”
    That part was bad news too. Destruction of ancient desert life (including Joshua trees) to build solar plants that last 10 years, which then fall apart and the end result is relatively much less life and sand dunes. Essentially they create dust (sand) bowls.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hah, good lord, did Michael Moore really go Bill Gates on us?

Also, have you ever flown on an airplane?
    So you haven't flown in an airplane?
    Ah, the old "fly in an airplane" example. Much of the western states are desert. They may look empty but there is life there. Just not life like there is where there is more water. (Well, until they chip up the hundreds of years old plants and put a solar farm there that lasts ten years).

The reason that it is "barren" right now is that it is not fit for humans. Not enough water to terraform and support people. You can only divert enough water to build so much (AZ, Vegas, etc). There is also an elevation problem. That empty space is often not very flat. If it could be developed, it would have been developed a long time ago.

An inarresting turn.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

A follow up interview.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

I'm not spending a dime to watch anything Mike produces just to see him turn around and donate it to the DNC.
    You can download the video into an mp4 with some websites (search : youtube to mp4).

I wonder now if Moore will apologize for all the years of his psychotic leftist babbling.
    Last edited by eleganz; 04-28-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    You can download the video into an mp4 with some websites (search : youtube to mp4).

I wonder now if Moore will apologize for all the years of his psychotic leftist babbling.
    Deep down I can't help but think that he's setting up for a bigger move. Population control, resource re-distribution, bugs as food, ... something.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Deep down I can't help but think that he's setting up for a bigger move. Population control, resource re-distribution, bugs as food, ... something.
    I dunno I doubt he will be around much longer.

@Anti Federalist and @donnay, I know you guys are going to suffer through his ramblings about population.. he never talks about any official form of population control, but over-population and over-consumption is a theme of the film.. but seriously, nobody has produced anything nearly as damning against the industrial green movement as this film... This film is going to radically change the future. I recommend suffering through the bad parts and checking it out.

He absolutely skewers Al Gore and all the people at the top of it.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-28-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I dunno I doubt he will be around much longer.

@Anti Federalist and @donnay, I know you guys are going to suffer through his ramblings about population.. he never talks about any official form of population control, but over-population and over-consumption is a theme of the film.. but seriously, nobody has produced anything nearly as damning against the industrial green movement as this film... This film is going to radically change the future. I recommend suffering through the bad parts and checking it out.

He absolutely skewers Al Gore and all the people at the top of it.
    I will have to check it out. Thanks.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Full on communism, with the requisite giant reduction in "useless eaters" that takes place beforehand.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rats jumping ship?

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1255606263741771777

Free on Youtube, Michael Moore just released a documentary entitled, "Planet of the Humans" which exposes industrial wind farms, industrial solar farms, biomass and bio-fuels are wrecking natural environments.
    Wow. Talk about striking the root!

If you hate Moore, you still need to see this entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I just don't feel comfortable giving him ad revenue.
    I just watched it and didn't see a single commercial ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rats jumping ship?

I wouldn't have thought it possible but she looks even creepier here than in past pics.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The end of this movie reminds me of how I felt and what I knew when I was very young, watching the forest around my neighborhood being bulldozed, finding a gravely injured salamandar stuck in a dozer track. I knew as far back as those high school days in the 1960s where our entire way of life was leading. This is the first time I've seen it so poignantly expressed in a major production.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Guess the docu doesn't have any truth in it, otherwise it'd be pulled immediatelly like Lauren Southern's documentary
    What is the title of that one, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I just watched it and didn't see a single commercial ad.
    Cute.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

According to the film, that is 100% opposite of what is true because he completely trashes all of the industrial scale "green energy" solutions.

I don't think he trashes it for personal use, because at least when you use solar and wind on your property you are being self-sufficient. What's the point of using industrial made green energy if it doesn't come with all of the benefits of self-sufficiency and it trashes the environment just as much or worse than fossil fuels?
    I got through about half the documentary and watched Michael Moore interviewed on TheHill.com about it. Yes he trashes wind farms and solar farms and I agree. But his point is our way of life must change to stop climate change (as he sees it). He blames capitalism itself for the "problem" and says that growth itself is the issue. He wants depopulation as bad as Bill Gates. That's his "solution." The video is good in the sense that it points out the folly that a wind farm is any more "green" than a coal fired power plant. It's bad because he's asking modern economies to commit mass suicide in order to save the planet.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rats jumping ship?

I would think she would be happy with COVID-19 because of how much carbon emissions it has stopped. I've seen other so called environmentalists take that angle. Let me guess, her plan to "fight" COVID-19 is to lock down humanity even harder?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Finally watched it - this is a "must see" imo, whether you like Moore or not.

Totally exposed Al Gore as a complete fraud and profiteer on green energy.

Completely exposed industrial green energy as a fraud and worse for the planet than just burning fossil fuels.

Scott Adams mentioned was that there was one very important word conspicuously missing from the documentary. Nuclear. First generation nuclear plants were very dangerous - think Chernoble. Second generation plants have the huge domes and are what most people know as nuclear energy. They are occasionally prone to failure - think Fukishima. Third generation are currently being built and running, and these are much safer than Gen 2. Gen 4 is where it really gets interesting. These are incapable of meltdowns. Some designs use spent fuel from Gen 2 and 3 plants as fuel, with almost zero nuclear waste. Other Gen 4 designs produce zero or almost zero nuclear waste.

I can't really see us headed anywhere else at this point.
    Why would a documentary that has the main purpose of pushing the idea that there is no "solution" to the world's environmental problems than for westernized human to radically change our way of life advance an obvious energy solution that allows the westernized way of live not only to continue but to flourish?

The documentary didn't limit itself to talking about energy. It also talked about over-fishing and species die off etc. Meanwhile it attacked fish farming. (Don't fish the oceans....don't grow more fish...just...starve?) And obvious solution to overfishing is aquaponics. (Growth the fish and use the nitrogen in the fish waste to fertilize plants).

Rats jumping ship?

The fact that people consider this girl an expert in anything is ridiculous.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Why would a documentary that has the main purpose of pushing the idea that there is no "solution" to the world's environmental problems than for westernized human to radically change our way of life advance an obvious energy solution that allows the westernized way of live not only to continue but to flourish?

The documentary didn't limit itself to talking about energy. It also talked about over-fishing and species die off etc. Meanwhile it attacked fish farming. (Don't fish the oceans....don't grow more fish...just...starve?) And obvious solution to overfishing is aquaponics. (Growth the fish and use the nitrogen in the fish waste to fertilize plants).
    As you know from my support of Trump, I am very results driven. I am not going to wait around another 20 years for somebody on the left to make a documentary that $#@!s on the green new deal and lives up to my or your idealistic image of what the documentary should be. This education for the left needs to happen NOW.

If there was a hypothetical documentary that is 3 hours long with 90% useless and unhelpful information, but has 10 or 15 minutes of content that will radically shift the trajectory of society in a positive direction and no other such content exists anywhere else that the segment of society who needs this information the most (the left) is willing to view and accept this information, then that would be a breakthrough documentary worth watching and promoting even if you don't belong to the target segment.

This film just happens to be an hour and half or so, with about 50-60 minutes of useful content and 50-60 minutes of unhelpful useless content.. useful content that will radically shift the trajectory of our society because it is the only content like it that the left would be willing to watch and trust the source. Which makes it even more worth watching and promoting.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast