Thread: Is The Continuing Lockdown Medical...Or Political?

Is The Continuing Lockdown Medical...Or Political?

April 23, 2020

They say we must "follow the science" and not resist the near-total lockdown of the economy and our way of life. But is "the science" tainted by politics and ideology? Also in today's program: Houston Police push back against Harris County "mandatory mask" orders, the potential danger of ventilators, and a look at Bill Gates' dreams for 2020...

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem"

Gov is making it worse, not to mention the devastating economic effects of the stupid policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I never knew one person, a governor can make laws without going through the congress of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I never knew one person, a governor can make laws without going through the congress of the state.
    Sure he can.

If he's named Vladimir, Adolph, Idi or Fidel.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Sure he can.

So are we living in a dictatorship?

Purely political.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

So are we living in a dictatorship?

You have to ask?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    You have to ask?
    Just looking for confirmation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Definitely political.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just looking for confirmation.

Understood. From where I sit I think we can consider it confirmed.
    Chris

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    It is political. Democrats are using this as a weapon in an attempt to beat Trump. I suspect they will fail and Trump will own them again.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    "Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem"

Gov is making it worse, not to mention the devastating economic effects of the stupid policies.
    As we all know this economic system has been free falling for several years. It was bound to crash so boom here it is. Is anyone surprised? Really? They are calling it Corona virus catchy name huh
    Last edited by Working Poor; 04-23-2020 at 03:57 PM.

The Koch network, avatar of the tea party, rejects shutdown protests
    The decision reflects changes in the focus and tactics of the Koch-led movement in the Trump era.

The libertarian-leaning Koch political network, founded by brothers Charles and David Koch, rose to prominence by funding the tea party protests a decade ago, when taxpayers outraged by an economic stimulus bill and President Barack Obama’s health care plans embraced combative tactics in town halls and protests — and remade politics for years to come.

Now, as another recession looms and concerns about government overreach and civil liberties are causing some conservatives to take to the streets, the Koch network is explicitly rejecting the in-person protests.

Americans for Prosperity — the main political arm of the Koch family — decided not to join some of its former collaborators from the tea party movement, such as FreedomWorks, in embracing the protests or helping organize them online.

The move reflects a dramatic shift in tactics within the network, which in the past has spent hundreds of millions of dollars a year on political action. It also demonstrates how the grassroots activist wing of the Republican Party — which was once funded and largely molded by the Kochs — has veered away from the small-government priorities of an earlier era.
    “I think there's been a lesson,” said Frayda Levin, a board member at Americans for Prosperity. “We saw what we wanted in the tea party. It didn’t work out like we’d like. And now we’re much more practical.”
    More: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rotests-202320
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Is that part of the name of their company or organization? Is it their name? Was their father's surname Libertarianleaningkoch?

I mean, they aren't, and they don't. But the MSM never mentions them without attaching that prefix.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    April 23, 2020

They say we must "follow the science" and not resist the near-total lockdown of the economy and our way of life. But is "the science" tainted by politics and ideology? Also in today's program: Houston Police push back against Harris County "mandatory mask" orders, the potential danger of ventilators, and a look at Bill Gates' dreams for 2020...

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/
    Interesting that Daniel and Ron said that one of the objectives of the Koch network was to eliminate anti-interventionism from the Tea Party movement...

A post from 2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, that's another aspect of it. First and foremost, that kind of money buys access and influence with the candidates themselves. They have the telephone numbers. Their calls get answered or returned. They can give their "advise" on laws, on appointments, on foreign policy, on monetary policy, on regulation, etc.

The other aspect you bring up is influence with organizations. Can the Cato Institute be moved a bit in one direction or another? Can Reason magazine? How about the Republican Party? Can they eliminate that foreign policy perspective that made Ron Paul such a bother for them?

And when you make these alliances, you have to do that based on shared values. A "neo-libertarian" movement that has "greed is good" as it's only common denominator can count me out.
    I have used the term "teocon" for quite a long time. It was meant to describe a Tea Party movement that embraced neoconservative and MIC foreign policy. This was the co-opting of the Tea Party movement.

Also from the article:

By steering away from combat and embracing an under-the-radar approach, the Koch network sees opportunities during the current crisis to make headway on one of its most prized objectives: dismantling the government regulation that they feel drives up the costs of health care and pharmaceuticals.
    Limited government and fiscal conservatism are all but gone now too. A Tea Party movement that focuses only on removing regulation? Was that what started the Tea Party? TARP and bailouts are now a good thing?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-24-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is that part of the name of their company or organization? Is it their name? Was their father's surname Libertarianleaningkoch?

I mean, they aren't, and they don't. But the MSM never mentions them without attaching that prefix.
    The first rule of co-opt club is don't talk about co-opt club.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It is political. Democrats are using this as a weapon in an attempt to beat Trump. I suspect they will fail and Trump will own them again.
    Pretty sure they will continue the lockdown is gone out either way. In four years. Or at least two years.
    So yeah it seems politically as well to. Italy is already slowly already opening up and slowly.

Sure he can.

I always knew dictators only existed in foreign countries.

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I always knew dictators only existed in foreign countries.
    I didn't. Though the mainstream media keeps telling me that.

It's unfair for businesses if anything. Places like Amazon are raking in the cash, and I also find it hilarious stores like Walmart and Target get to stay open and keep selling toys and vacuum cleaners just because they're marked as essential since they also happen to sell food.

I wish my barber would start selling ice cream.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    It's unfair for businesses if anything. Places like Amazon are raking in the cash, and I also find it hilarious stores like Walmart and Target get to stay open and keep selling toys and vacuum cleaners just because they're marked as essential since they also happen to sell food.
    Those two corporations in particular are certainly getting their bribe campaign contribution money's worth. And every restaurant chain with drive through windows, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I wish my barber would start selling ice cream.

Political. And that was the intention from the very start.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge