Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 64

Thread: Mike Lee endorses Jon Huntsman for UT Governor

  1. #31

    Exclamation Mitts Romulins

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    What particularly bothers you? Do you really care about endorsements and nominations? They're minor things to have a gripe about...
    Endorsements matter, a lot. If they endorse evil, they'll vote for it too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Endorsements matter, a lot. If they endorse evil, they'll vote for it too.
    Mitt would have won with or without Lee's backing. It's really not that bad. It's like Rand endorsing McConnell. Who saw that coming!

    Sometimes Rand and Lee are team players but if you study their votes they're anti-big spending and anti-war. What more do you want? They're probably the best senators since Taft and once in a generation unless they inspire others to get there(which they are doing). Bear in mind how difficult it is to get to the US Senate especially if you believe in limited government. The enormous cost of campaigns forces them all to sell out to lobbyists and that's where the problem lies.
    Last edited by Warlord; 04-12-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb







  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    How about we stop worrying about Senators and start worrying about Governors, State Legislators, & State Judges. Washington DC is hopeless. Political energy should be spent developing a shield (the states) to protect against the usurpation of undelegated power.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    How about we stop worrying about Senators and start worrying about Governors, State Legislators, & State Judges. Washington DC is hopeless. Political energy should be spent developing a shield
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...erty-Campaigns

    It's not easy finding people to step up. But there are some trying to get to DC to make a difference.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  7. #35

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

    So the question for @Matt Collins who keeps hating on Rand/Lee. Would the Senate be a better place without them? Are you really trying to argue that?
    Nope:

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  8. #36

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Mitt would have won with or without Lee's backing. It's really not that bad. It's like Rand endorsing McConnell. Who saw that coming!
    The bigger question is why you are trying to justify their bad behavior?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The bigger question is why you are trying to justify their bad behavior?
    Endorsements are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Ron made some terrible endorsements in TX because he was told to be a good team player to keep committee positions, etc. The way Rand/Lee vote is important and you should look at that .
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Let's not forget that he really, really hated Ron Paul.
    That is completely false. Has been one of the only Senators complementary of Ron Paul. He definitely didn't hate Ron Paul. Feel free to post those hatred comments though. I am sure they must exist if you made the claim.

    Also Ron endorsed him https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ike-Lee-Senate

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    That is completely false. Has been one of the only Senators complementary of Ron Paul. He definitely didn't hate Ron Paul. Feel free to post those hatred comments though. I am sure they must exist if you made the claim.

    Also Ron endorsed him https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ike-Lee-Senate
    sparebulb is talking about Jon Huntsman. Who are you talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    So the question for @Matt Collins who keeps hating on Rand/Lee. Would the Senate be a better place without them? Are you really trying to argue that?
    Nope:

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    There's no strawman argument there. Did you just create a straw strawman?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-12-2020 at 11:48 AM.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    sparebulb is talking about Jon Huntsman. Who are you talking about?

    He is talking about Lee. Read the post he made a few minutes before the one I quoted.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He is talking about Lee. Read the post he made a few minutes before the one I quoted.
    Somebody is assuming facts not in evidence, and trying to create evidence out of circumstance which us in no way conclusive.

    I was talking about Matt Collins most recently. Are you assuming I'm talking about him now? Or am I allowed to change the subject?

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Somebody is assuming facts not in evidence, and trying to create evidence out of circumstance which us in no way conclusive.

    I was talking about Matt Collins most recently. Are you assuming I'm talking about him now? Or am I allowed to change the subject?
    Ok.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Ok.
    Thank you for allowing me to change the subject. I presume this also retroactively allows sparebulb to change the subject?

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Endorsements matter, a lot. If they endorse evil, they'll vote for it too.
    Show proof of this. It must have already happened since Rand endorsed McConnell, right? It's always about policy.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The bigger question is why you are trying to justify their bad behavior?
    The bigger question is why you are trying to justify making a mountain out of a molehill?

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich Remarque
    Kantorek had been our schoolmaster, a stern little man in a grey tailcoat, with a face like a shrew mouse. He was about the same size as Corporal Himmelstoss, the "terror of Klosterberg." It is very odd that the unhappiness of the world is so often brought on by small men. They are so much more energetic and uncompromising than the big fellows. I have always taken good care to keep out of sections with small company commanders. They are mostly confounded little martinets.
    During drill-time Kantorek gave us long lectures until the whole of our class went, under his shepherding, to the District Commandant and volunteered. I can see him now, as he used to glare at us through his spectacles and say in a moving voice: "Won't you join up, Comrades?"
    These teachers always carry their feelings ready in their waistcoat pockets, and trot them out by the hour. But we didn't think of that then.
    ..
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-12-2020 at 05:48 PM.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Show proof of this. It must have already happened since Rand endorsed McConnell, right? It's always about policy.
    President Donnell endorsed Take the Guns first, then voted for the Bumpstock Ban & Raising the Age for gun purchases to 21.
    Evil endorsements, lead to evil gov edicts.


    Evil gun grabbing dumbocrat, President Donnell
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Endorsements are not that important in the grand scheme of things.
    It depends.


    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Ron made some terrible endorsements in TX because he was told to be a good team player to keep committee positions, etc. The way Rand/Lee vote is important and you should look at that .
    Except that Ron's endorsements held zero consequence, plus his voting record was perfect. Rand's endorsement of Mitch the bitch meant that Bevin couldn't gain traction against him. Rand's (and Mike's) support for Kavanaugh and Pompeo is also a huge black stain which is just flat out embarrassing for someone who purports to support liberty and the Constitution.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Rand's endorsement of Mitch the bitch meant that Bevin couldn't gain traction against him.
    Oh? Bevin stood a chance without that?

    Do tell us how it would have made a difference, professor. We're all agog to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He is talking about Lee. Read the post he made a few minutes before the one I quoted.
    acptulsa is correct.

    I was referring to Huntsman.

    Thanks for playing though.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It depends.


    Except that Ron's endorsements held zero consequence, plus his voting record was perfect. Rand's endorsement of Mitch the bitch meant that Bevin couldn't gain traction against him. Rand's (and Mike's) support for Kavanaugh and Pompeo is also a huge black stain which is just flat out embarrassing for someone who purports to support liberty and the Constitution.
    Drama queen.

    If nominations are *so* important why does NO group in their right mind score for it?

    Like I said perhaps you can run for U.S Senate yourself and should you beat the 1 billion to one odds you can become a senator and your own perfect candidate. I'm sure if you did someone on the internet will still find fault with you
    Last edited by Warlord; 04-12-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    President Donnell endorsed Take the Guns first, then voted for the Bumpstock Ban & Raising the Age for gun purchases to 21.
    Evil endorsements, lead to evil gov edicts.


    Evil gun grabbing dumbocrat, President Donnell
    I don't think an endorsement changes the way one looks at policy.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh? Bevin stood a chance without that?
    Go back and read my post exactly for the words I used.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

    If nominations are *so* important why does NO group in their right mind score for it?
    The most Constitutionally / liberty minded score card usually scores these things but probably didn't want to in those cases because it would lower Rand and Mike's score. Hint: scoring is arbitrary regardless of the group doing it. Although it has Rand and Mike at 94% which is about where I would put them if I had to score them myself.




    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Like I said perhaps you can run for U.S Senate yourself and should you beat the 1 billion to one odds you can become a senator and your own perfect candidate. I'm sure if you did someone on the internet will still find fault with you
    Thomas is the best example to date. Ron is a close example.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Go back and read my post exactly for the words I used.
    OK.

    It says exactly what it said before. And I still don't believe it.

    If Rand Paul's Endorsement is all that, what happened to President Romney? Care to read that question again word for word?

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The most Constitutionally / liberty minded score card usually scores these things but probably didn't want to in those cases because it would lower Rand and Mike's score. Hint: scoring is arbitrary regardless of the group doing it. Although it has Rand and Mike at 94% which is about where I would put them if I had to score them myself.




    Thomas is the best example to date. Ron is a close example.
    Who has the highest score after Mike Lee/Rand Paul?

    Are you trying to argue they're sell outs who are no better than Lamar Alexander or Sen. Romney? Because clearly they're not sell outs.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb







  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, kvetch.

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If Rand Paul's Endorsement is all that, what happened to President Romney? Care to read that question again word for word?
    Because Rand's endorsement in a KY state wide election would go a lot further than in a Presidential election. Duh.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Who has the highest score after Mike Lee/Rand Paul?
    No one is saying that they aren't the best in the Senate.



    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Are you trying to argue they're sell outs who are no better than Lamar Alexander or Sen. Romney? Because clearly they're not sell outs.

    Yes they are sell outs on some issues and endorsements.


    Oh and this, once again:

    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  35. #60
    The Huntsmans are not the worst people in the world. Far from it. Their political ideology is a little off, but they are good people.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_Cancer_Institute
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. INTERESTING: Mike Lee hires Huntsmanís ex-chief of staff
    By realpolice in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 08:42 AM
  2. Jon Huntsman Breaking news....Huntsman out endorses Romney
    By DisabledVet in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 06:19 AM
  3. Boston Globe endorses Jon Huntsman......of course
    By thetruthhurtsthefed in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
  4. Jon Huntsman Boston Globe endorses Huntsman
    By bluesc in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •