Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Amash POTUS Run?] Amash tweets that America doesn’t need Trump vs. Biden in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    We tried 3 times and spent all that money. Nothing changed. Why would it be different this time.
    Actually some things did change (I'm assuming Ron's Presidential efforts are what you are referring to?)

Hundreds of activists became elected officials or involved in their political process on the local and state level. We got Rand, Thomas, and Justin in the legislature. And we are 6 votes away from a full audit of the Federal Reserve. Ron's campaigns will pay dividends for decades by changing the political landscape even if in a subtle way.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Being the LP nominee will keep him relevant in politics for a lot longer than if he just flames out getting 15% of the vote for reelection to congress.
    Only if he uses it properly, which honestly he hasn't demonstrated the ability to do so.

If Justin were to run as a conservative libertarian and campaign heavily in swing states, in theory, he could cost Trump the election. Or at least push Trump to promise things that Justin wants by threatening to make Trump lose.

That should be the LP's strategy to gain political power in Presidential races, it is their best shot. But sadly many of them are still trying to figure out how to keep male strippers, pedophiles, and circus acts, druggies and the mentally ill out of their conventions. :-(
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    What are Justin's chances of re-election in his district as an independent? If he loses his seat, which seems highly likely unless I missed something, then this is possibly his last chance to make a major impact. He would be the third party candidate with the most name recognition. And he would be the only candidate speaking out against COVID-19 hysteria.
    Unless he is a real threat to Trump (see above comments) then the media will completely ignore him.

What Justin should have done was to follow Massie's example and be better disciplined with his messaging so as not to get into TDS territory. That way he could have kept his seat and been a lot more effective in the House. But sadly sometimes people's egos get the best of them.

I'd like to see him VP on Hornbergers ticket. It would bring more attention to it but let him continue to focus on his house seat.

Also I see Sanford curiously tweeting about this. They both seemed like logical LP choices this cycle. Not surprising. Will be very curious to see if Sanford would run as Amash's VP.

Also I see Sanford curiously tweeting about this. They both seemed like logical LP choices this cycle. Not surprising. Will be very curious to see if Sanford would run as Amash's VP.

I am all for Justin. Sanford is below my 90% threshold so logically I frown upon him. Some of those votes, I scratch my head in amazement:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=S000051

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

manchurian candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unless he is a real threat to Trump (see above comments) then the media will completely ignore him.

What Justin should have done was to follow Massie's example and be better disciplined with his messaging so as not to get into TDS territory. That way he could have kept his seat and been a lot more effective in the House. But sadly sometimes people's egos get the best of them.
    I agree that voting for impeachment was silly for the simple reason of "wound not the king" (there were never enough votes in the senate for removal) and the reasons for the impeachment were stupid (withholding aid to get Ukraine to investigate Biden withholding aid). But I disagree with your contention that the media might "completely ignore him." They've already given him attention just by him making the announcement that he's considering the idea. So at this point he's better off doing what he's doing than sitting around waiting to take a loss. Worst case scenario he's making a graceful exit. "I didn't get beat. I quit running for my house seat so I could run as a libertarian for president."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am all for Justin. Sanford is below my 90% threshold so logically I frown upon him. Some of those votes, I scratch my head in amazement:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=S000051

Ideological purity is graded on a curve based on your constituency and your rank in a politics. Sanford was a successful two term governor and head of the Republican Governor's Association. Sanford, at one time, could conceivably have been president of the United States, something no other other modern libertarian outside of Goldwater can say.

Totally agree!
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sanford is too risky of a VP choice ever since he went hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

into TDS territory.
    Hoping for a quick recovery, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Hoping for a quick recovery, best of luck.

They have long entered the shameful category.

The thing is many Trump supporters have begun to waiver, mostof my friends who voted for him may still vote for him but no longer strongly support him at all.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 04-16-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Worst case scenario he's making a graceful exit. "I didn't get beat. I quit running for my house seat so I could run as a libertarian for president."
    I agree with this statement. But it was all unnecessary. He didn't have to lose his house seat in the first place if he had just had better message discipline. My guess is that he just wanted out of Congress for whatever reasons. Which is a shame because for a while there he was doing some good things.

I agree with this statement. But it was all unnecessary. He didn't have to lose his house seat in the first place if he had just had better message discipline. My guess is that he just wanted out of Congress for whatever reasons. Which is a shame because for a while there he was doing some good things.
    Why does everyone keep saying he lost his seat when the election hasn't even happened yet?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying he lost his seat when the election hasn't even happened yet?
    The chances of him winning as an independent are nearly impossible.

Is Justin Amash announcing this weekend?

The chances of him winning as an independent are nearly impossible.
    I would say this depends on his chances of getting on the debate stage, as he would run circles around the other two.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion_thedrinker View Post
    I would say this depends on his chances of getting on the debate stage, as he would run circles around the other two.
    Uh no. Debates don't win elections.

Uh no. Debates don't win elections.
    Not trying to start an argument, just trying to be hopeful I guess. I think you should concede that Amash running circles around the two bozos might be an eye opening experience for many Americans. Look what Perot did in an era where the public had much more trust in the establishment.

Not trying to start an argument, just trying to be hopeful I guess. I think you should concede that Amash running circles around the two bozos might be an eye opening experience for many Americans. Look what Perot did in an era where the public had much more trust in the establishment.
    Oh you mean in the Presidential election?

Yeah, they won't let him anywhere near the debate stage.

Agreed.

I highly doubt a win is possible but an Amash campaign could break LP records and there's a chance he could hit 5% nationwide.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Agreed.

I highly doubt a win is possible but an Amash campaign could break LP records and there's a chance he could hit 5% nationwide.
    Assuming he wins the LP nomination, he would have a lower showing than GJ in 2016, which was a fluke. Since then Trump has consolidated his base.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12